How do I install a Mass Driver

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

loknor

How do I install a Mass Driver

Post by loknor » Mon, 31. May 04, 06:27

Hi Everyone,

I've still got my M5 Discover and saved up enough money for a MassDriver and Ammunition. Problem is, I can't install it anywhere. What do I do?

Please help.

NeckCuttah
x3tc

Post by NeckCuttah » Mon, 31. May 04, 06:40

First you need to make sure you have a ship that will support this weapon. Go to the ship details screen and it will give you a graph of all of the guns that will fit. If the one you want to install isn't in the list then it won't work on that ship. :( If it will support that gun then go to the weapons portion of the ship information screen and scroll through the guns until that one is in place. Good luck!

Edit: A disco will not support this gun. Sorry. It will only support the different Impulse Ray Emitters.
I sure do like biscuits

loknor

Post by loknor » Mon, 31. May 04, 07:08

Thanks NeckCutter, I'll have a look at the supported weapons that the ship can handle. Looks like I might have to get a new ship to try out my fancy new weapon.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 31. May 04, 08:00

loknor wrote:Thanks NeckCutter, I'll have a look at the supported weapons that the ship can handle. Looks like I might have to get a new ship to try out my fancy new weapon.
Don't like to disappoint you, but I don't think ANY M5 class ship can mount Mass Drivers. If you want a ship which can mount them you'll need to go up to an M4; one of the best choices for this would probably be the Split Scorpion, since although it has the shielding of an M5 (5MW) it also has the speed of one (329 m/s)!

Terra rebel34
x2

Post by Terra rebel34 » Mon, 31. May 04, 11:00

the nova can carry the mass driver
*insert sig here*

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 31. May 04, 11:35

And I'm sure when he has 2 million credits to spare he can get one.

jon_tickle
x2

Post by jon_tickle » Mon, 31. May 04, 11:39

Are mass drivers any good? I have a couple of capped Mambas i was planning to put the mass driver on, kind of like infantry i thought. As i understand they do direct hull damage but ive never actually seem one in action.

El_Duddz
x3

Post by El_Duddz » Mon, 31. May 04, 12:27

I had a TL trapped in Cloudbase SW, tried a mass driver against the Khaak clusters.. lets just say I did not win (mind you I did only have some 5MW shielding on an argon buster).

I only had one as well (couldn't be bothered to find another one to fit on me ship). I was trying to kill an M3 with all his friendly M5's still buzzing around, but I did not really find it as effective as a nice Beta Particle Cannon (I think thats the one the biggest green one you can have on a Nova) once you get past the shielding on an M3 they die very fast and get a hefty bonus with your Argon Law Licence and the M5s die as fast as a very fast thing.

Went back with a Nova with two cannons, when I had got enough 25MW shields off of some Pirate ships I'D captured. lets just say I did not die.

Managed to clear out CBSW, PE and Ore Belt in one Sitting (dont you just love jump drives).

Cant cature any ships in me Nova keep killing them. Still I have a Boron Mako which is Better suited to the job.

XU Vagabond
x3tc

Post by XU Vagabond » Mon, 31. May 04, 12:32

Mass drivers can be good for caping because they bypass the sheilds and damage hulls once it down to 84% switch to id's and zap the sheilds

Tsumikae
x2

Post by Tsumikae » Mon, 31. May 04, 13:13

Also, I noticed the a centaur with MDs mounted on the turrets gives incredible results in a sector defense role. The small khaaks M5 are disappearing at incredible speed, and the M3s are generally not lasting long.
Peace means to reload a gun

simonnance
x3tc

Post by simonnance » Mon, 31. May 04, 13:21

leaving them unattended they might run out of ammo though......

not a pleasant thought...
want the FACTS about X2/X3?
Usenko wrote:Don't get me wrong, I think animals have their place in the scheme of things. It's just that in the case of sheep, cattle and pigs, their place happens to be in neat pieces under the griller.:-)

Tsumikae
x2

Post by Tsumikae » Mon, 31. May 04, 13:24

400 crates are long to spend :twisted:

simonnance
x3tc

Post by simonnance » Mon, 31. May 04, 13:25

Tsumikae wrote:400 crates are long to spend :twisted:
400 crates are EXPENSIVE to spend...... :roll:
want the FACTS about X2/X3?
Usenko wrote:Don't get me wrong, I think animals have their place in the scheme of things. It's just that in the case of sheep, cattle and pigs, their place happens to be in neat pieces under the griller.:-)

Some Strange Man
x3

Post by Some Strange Man » Mon, 31. May 04, 13:29

Get yourself a loop and it becomes cheaper. :p

I might try sticking MD's on OOS defence ships, maske a little supply script, get a M5 doing supply runs.

Tsumikae
x2

Post by Tsumikae » Mon, 31. May 04, 13:35

simonnance wrote:
By now I'm a golden boy in the X2 universe.:P

loknor

Post by loknor » Tue, 1. Jun 04, 03:24

I've only got half a million credits, my Argon Discover and 2 TP vessels ferrying energy cells from The Wall to The Hole. I've diverted one of them to Three Worlds to try out the AIRE trade run (gauranteed 89K), in the sector to really boost my revenues so I can move onto better things. Hope it works out.

Ferd Harling
x2

Post by Ferd Harling » Tue, 1. Jun 04, 03:48

Tsumikae wrote:
simonnance wrote:
By now I'm a golden boy in the X2 universe.:P
so are we. :lol:
Ferd Harling
Second IC of FACTS (Free Advice Conquering The Systems)
Please visit us for all your questions, Ideas & To join Click on the Logo below :)
[ external image ]

Viperwing666

Post by Viperwing666 » Tue, 1. Jun 04, 10:02

I sold some pirates ships to be able to mount an MD on my osprey over the weekend. Well what the? I chased an orinico around nailing with my new gun only to see it doing hardly any damage at-all. It would have taken 1/2 an hour of chase-me to kill him.

Whats the point? Roll back the savegame and got myself another bhept. Much more fun!

Ferd Harling
x2

Post by Ferd Harling » Tue, 1. Jun 04, 10:05

Thanks for the tip. :)
Ferd Harling
Second IC of FACTS (Free Advice Conquering The Systems)
Please visit us for all your questions, Ideas & To join Click on the Logo below :)
[ external image ]

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”