EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

Ship Capture Guide: X2 Version 2 (Updated for 1.4)
Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Shaf

PostPosted: Sat, 15. Mar 08, 20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Hi!

First of all, thank you AL and every one else in this thread that has discussed and written lots of good things Smile
But now i have a question...
Iv been playing X2 on Normal difficulty from the beginning having 2 working SPP's, about 1 milion CR and a total of 10 ships.
Im at the point where President's End have got invaded by the Khaak.
Yesterday i captured about 3-4 Pirate Ships with my Bayamon in about 1 hr. Today i havnt been able to capture a single ship Oops Is the capping-rate depending on what difficulty im playing at? And might my low combat rank have anything to do with i cant capture as much as you can?
Im playing on V 1.4.
Thank you for your help!

adobis

MEDAL

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sat, 15. Mar 08, 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

yep for me, when i've put the difficulty at the highest level, my rate of cap ship as drop drastcly Exclamation
But i was in 1.2 and from then i played the game with a "lot of stuff" Twisted Evil
so i'm not sure, but i think it's the same Wink

And personnally i don't think the Disco is a good ship for capturing, i need a M4, i usually take a Mako, because i can buy it after the Mi Ton's mission because i sell the shields of the TP Very Happy

It's a better reward than Elena's TS!

Shaf

PostPosted: Sat, 15. Mar 08, 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

adobis wrote:
yep for me, when i've put the difficulty at the highest level, my rate of cap ship as drop drastcly Exclamation
But i was in 1.2 and from then i played the game with a "lot of stuff" Twisted Evil
so i'm not sure, but i think it's the same Wink

And personnally i don't think the Disco is a good ship for capturing, i need a M4, i usually take a Mako, because i can buy it after the Mi Ton's mission because i sell the shields of the TP Very Happy

It's a better reward than Elena's TS!

I got my Bayamon (which im currently using) when i was capping with my Disco. That capture went quite easy, but afterwards its up and down Razz
Right now my SPP are making me some money, but it would be much more fun to do something more than just having SPP's Razz
Thank you for your help!

Edit: Just read this on Argonopedia
"The difficulty setting only affects your starting cash and which upgrades you have on the ship you are given at the start of the game. It has no effect on combat difficulty, rewards, or anything else in the game."

adobis

MEDAL

PostPosted: Sun, 16. Mar 08, 00:11    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Shaf wrote:

"The difficulty setting only affects your starting cash and which upgrades you have on the ship you are given at the start of the game. It has no effect on combat difficulty, rewards, or anything else in the game."

Well i was maybe mistaking, and that's correct that i shoot like a psycho!!
However at the beginning i thought it was gonna be fun to cap ships but after having cap more than 500 ships it begins to be boring Very Happy

That's there that i made a real company with about 90 factories and a lot of ideas and then my computer crashes and i've to begin from nothing Rolling Eyes

Well, if you wanna cap ships, you'll destroy a lot anyway so don't forget the Police license to get a little reward when you destroye ships Wink

Shaf

PostPosted: Sun, 16. Mar 08, 00:26    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

adobis wrote:
Shaf wrote:

Well i was maybe mistaking, and that's correct that i shoot like a psycho!!
However at the beginning i thought it was gonna be fun to cap ships but after having cap more than 500 ships it begins to be boring Very Happy

That's there that i made a real company with about 90 factories and a lot of ideas and then my computer crashes and i've to begin from nothing Rolling Eyes

Well, if you wanna cap ships, you'll destroy a lot anyway so don't forget the Police license to get a little reward when you destroye ships Wink

Too bad hearing about your computer Sad
Destroying ships with the IONS and low power lasers isnt quite fast...
And i dont know where to put the money i get from my SPP's as im fairly new to this game Headbang
Thank you!

pjknibbs

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Sun, 16. Mar 08, 08:41    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Shaf wrote:

Yesterday i captured about 3-4 Pirate Ships with my Bayamon in about 1 hr. Today i havnt been able to capture a single ship

Capturing is random. Random means you will often get periods when nobody seems to want to bail, or periods when you capture virtually every ship you go for--you just have to wait for the numbers to swing your way again.

Nightwatch

PostPosted: Sun, 16. Mar 08, 14:13    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

You can still make money from the situation. Have a ship (Manta would be good) travel behind you picking up all the loot the ships you blow up drops. I think there was a command to pick up look in X2, but I'm not sure at this stage.. Either way, pick up the look and sell it. Its free creditzzz.

adobis

MEDAL

PostPosted: Sun, 16. Mar 08, 14:20    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Nightwatch wrote:
You can still make money from the situation. Have a ship (Manta would be good) travel behind you picking up all the loot the ships you blow up drops. I think there was a command to pick up look in X2, but I'm not sure at this stage.. Either way, pick up the look and sell it. Its free creditzzz.

My Nova had a cargo space capacity enough large, and when i had it nearly full, i jump to the closer dock and i sell all Smile

q_mech

PostPosted: Sat, 29. Mar 08, 04:03    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Cool - thanks for the advice! I'm pretty new to this, but managed to capture three Pirate Ships so far in my Disco. I don't have a joystick so lasers are not much fun. I have found that a spread of ten Wasps fired quickly from any front quarter of a PS has a good chance of triggering a capture. They have to strike from the front/side so that the turret doesn't take them out. I've sold two and put one to work buying/selling power cells in The Wall.

Spaceweed Adict

PostPosted: Sat, 29. Mar 08, 06:20    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Quote:
Cool - thanks for the advice! I'm pretty new to this, but managed to capture three Pirate Ships so far in my Disco. I don't have a joystick so lasers are not much fun. I have found that a spread of ten Wasps fired quickly from any front quarter of a PS has a good chance of triggering a capture. They have to strike from the front/side so that the turret doesn't take them out. I've sold two and put one to work buying/selling power cells in The Wall.

Yer as nibbs said capturing is just randum.
Give you a clue how many ships I've capped in this game.
I've got 196 pirate TS's working for me and my stats say I've captured 412 slaves Evil Laugh
and thats on extremme Wink

badboy8469

PostPosted: Mon, 9. Jun 08, 14:48    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I have found that the fasted captures and highest probability of the pilot bailing is when you drain their sheilds and knock their hull down to 87% in one burst of fire. It seems to show them that you could kill them in an instant and they bail. If you have to work for a while to slowly chip away at them they seem way less likely to bail, however you dont always get a perfect line-up for an easy long burst. Razz

Lord Asmodeus

PostPosted: Wed, 10. Sep 08, 21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Nightwatch wrote:

I was just thinking about that, in another context. Khaaks come a lot in Ore Belt where I have two mines so there is always stuff drifting in space. Is there really a way to order a ship to loot ?

pjknibbs

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Wed, 10. Sep 08, 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Just install Special Command software on a ship and check out the command console.

Lord Asmodeus

PostPosted: Thu, 11. Sep 08, 02:15    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Thanks, it works perfectly. I even use it with my own ship, while managing my empire after a battle Very Happy

Al

PostPosted: Thu, 11. Sep 08, 10:58    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

nice to see this thread is still going Smile

I'll maybe even try and get a quide written for X3:TC (provided it runs on my system!) Very Happy

Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next