OT - How old is old?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Rogue
x3tc

Post by Rogue » Thu, 14. Nov 02, 20:20

No such thing as 'Lousy' old friend.

In need of practice. Yes.
Lousy. No :)
Knock knock. Who's there? Zerg Rushhhhhhhhhhhh!
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Ace Rimmer
[ external image ]

Darbs
x2

Post by Darbs » Thu, 14. Nov 02, 20:21

Chimpster2000 wrote:Between washing and combing his hair, there isn't much time left in the day for him :)

:lol: I liked that. But there again who am i to talk, my hair used to be that long a couple of years ago.
' I feel no pain dear Mother now, But oh i am so dry! O take me to a brewery, And leave me there to die.'

HelgeK
x2

Post by HelgeK » Thu, 14. Nov 02, 20:22

Chimpster2000 wrote:Between washing and combing his hair, there isn't much time left in the day for him :)
Amazing... you seem to have an obsession with my hair. It's a bit disgusting actually, you know... ;-)

Helge

HelgeK
x2

Post by HelgeK » Thu, 14. Nov 02, 20:26

Rogue wrote:No such thing as 'Lousy' old friend.

In need of practice. Yes.
Lousy. No :)
Hehe, true. We played Doom I & II at Softgold for hours every day, 1 1/2 years or longer, 1994-1995 or so, when doing customer hotline. I was not the best among my collegues then, but when deathmatching with my friends on small private LAN parties, I was a killer :-) At first, that is :-)

Helge

Zabre
x3

Post by Zabre » Thu, 14. Nov 02, 20:42

Too Old??
Never!
Your only young once so make it your entire life :)
-No Signature Comment-

pjknibbs
x4

Re: OT - How old is old?

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 15. Nov 02, 09:01

Firebird wrote:This is obviously relative to your own age, but when should someone stop playing X games for example?

:?:
When they put a big wooden lid on top of you and nail it down. :-)

Moss
x2

Post by Moss » Fri, 15. Nov 02, 12:50

I don't think you can ever be to old to play computer games, and if you have the desire and ability to play you should never let anyone tell you that you are too old either!

edit, or at least ignore them if they do. :wink:

Rogue
x3tc

Post by Rogue » Fri, 15. Nov 02, 12:52

Moss wrote:I don't think you can ever be to old to play computer games, and if you have the desire and ability to play you should never let anyone tell you that you are too old either!
Unless you're a quant. Then you should just lay down and let the Octs kill ya. (oops wrong game)
[ external image ]

Moss
x2

Post by Moss » Fri, 15. Nov 02, 13:18

Hehe, Rogue did you get into the wrong jumpgate there by any chance? doing a "Brennan"! and got yourself transported to the wrong part of the galaxy, or even to an alternative universe :D

Kill the conflux.. erm Khaak.. well whatever stomp those bad guys now :!:

Rogue
x3tc

Post by Rogue » Fri, 15. Nov 02, 13:23

Sorry about that Moss (if thats your REAL name! Ello Stomp), having withdrawal symptoms. Kerep meaning to get online and keep having problems. *sigh*

Kill all Khaak and Conflux (Both pink and Green varieties!)

Errr.... RAH!

[Runs off to his Phoenix errr Elite, and blasts off to Mokks Battlefield, errr Cloudbase Southwest...]

HELP ME, I HAVE ISSUES!
[ external image ]

Zabre
x3

Post by Zabre » Fri, 15. Nov 02, 13:33

Rogue wrote: HELP ME, I HAVE ISSUES!
I think we all noticed that a LONG time ago :lol:
-No Signature Comment-

CanadianBrit
x4

Post by CanadianBrit » Fri, 15. Nov 02, 15:57

Hmm! I've often wondered about this :? But as I'm already thirty, I figure I'll never stop :D Especially as I'm looking forward to several games upcoming!

I reckon that the day you stop wanting to play a future release is the day you could finally call it a day. For me, I haven't got Broadband, and I really want to play online against my peers and other like minded folk.

This is never more true when I think of the fun that coiuld be had playing X2OL. The members of this forum would testify that that game alone woill be worth playing.

If gaming continues to be fun and relaxing I'll keep playing. Providing of course I can still play! some games are now so darn ridiculous to learn!

Firebird
x3tc

Its just that my wife says

Post by Firebird » Fri, 15. Nov 02, 16:20

Grow up and act your age, stop playing silly computer games, there for children... :lol:

I wondered, at 47, if she had a good point :(
Regards - Jerry
i7-4770 3.4GHz | 8 GB DDR RAM | ASUS Z87 Board | 500GB SSD | GeF GTX 650 1GB Mem | X-Fi SB Sound | Win 7 Pro (64bit) SP1 | DirX V11

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Fri, 15. Nov 02, 19:00

II will only stop playing when I am no more.

Moss
x2

Re: Its just that my wife says

Post by Moss » Fri, 15. Nov 02, 20:19

Firebird wrote:Grow up and act your age, stop playing silly computer games, there for children... :lol:

Well seeing as we have had age threads in the past with venerable fans into their 70's replying i'd guess 47 is far from too old :D so i'd have to say no she hasn't got a good point :!:

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Fri, 15. Nov 02, 21:10

Moss wrote:
Firebird wrote:Grow up and act your age, stop playing silly computer games, there for children... :lol:

Well seeing as we have had age threads in the past with venerable fans into their 70's replying i'd guess 47 is far from too old :D so i'd have to say no she hasn't got a good point :!:
Yup. There I will be, an old man, walking stick by my side having a scrap with some Xenon!

Etolf
x3tc

Post by Etolf » Fri, 15. Nov 02, 23:06

I think I just get more picky as I get older... :lol:

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Fri, 15. Nov 02, 23:13

Am already getting picky about games! I hate Mortal Combat style games now, give me a good game like X or something like Cossacks anyday now. I like a game to last, not to get through in a minute!

Firebird
x3tc

Post by Firebird » Sat, 16. Nov 02, 00:53

Moss wrote:

I'll have to watch the subject line and comment dont get seperated...

The quote makes it look as I'm being stroppy, its not, its my wife honest....

Dont you think women can be so damn sensible at times.... God bless em.. :)
Regards - Jerry
i7-4770 3.4GHz | 8 GB DDR RAM | ASUS Z87 Board | 500GB SSD | GeF GTX 650 1GB Mem | X-Fi SB Sound | Win 7 Pro (64bit) SP1 | DirX V11

CT3
x2

Post by CT3 » Sat, 16. Nov 02, 01:33

guess im the pretty young one around here, 18 years young :P :lol: :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”