Combat Simulator in X4

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Would you like a combat simulator in X4?

YES!
15%
Yes
7%
Maybe (leaning yes)
13%
Meh (leaning no)
20%
No
18%
NO!
27%

Total votes: 55

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Thu, 9. Aug 18, 01:25

Sheesh, what's with all those poll options? There are only so many ways to say "yes" or "no". "Yes, but..." is a "no". "No, but" is still a "no". Come on...

The idea does sound cool for the most part though. I know if I was making a game and someone had such an idea, I'd put it into my "to consider" bag. But not until I was done making the game how I wanted it to be.

-Dna-
x4

Post by -Dna- » Thu, 9. Aug 18, 13:19

Mightysword wrote:Why would we want a simulation inside a simulation game? :?
Because many of us like to play with Excel and test every single possibility :lol:

But really, build a simple script/gamestart like the one used in the XFF should not be a problem. I think there is already an adaptation of this script for XR somewhere ;)
Remember: Good things don't come to an end: good things just stop. ~ [cit. Sean "Day[9]" Plott]

:xenon: Xenon Love! \#/ :xenon:
:split: Grill the Borons! :split:
:pirat: Real pirates (ab)use Jumpdrive (and Rum) :pirat:

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Thu, 9. Aug 18, 16:04

Like the Armax Arena for Mass Effect 3. That would be something! A nice break from the main game without need of use third party scripts to set up battles.
I'd even pay for such combat simulation framework where player can set up battles in different environment, face challenging scenarios etc and earn achievements. This could work but only if the AI was worth "something", sorry the AI combat skill in all previous games was a joke.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Fri, 10. Aug 18, 00:38

IIRC there was a simple 'combat sim' in X2 (possibly before) which allowed 1x1 (or maybe 1x many) fights in simmode, simply to accustom <player> to different wep/ship layout capabilities & combos without risking lives. I've no idea how much it was used; I personally didn't use it much, but with combat being so much expanded since then I can see its usefulness in at least understanding how an individiual ship will perform vs assorted opponents

TL;DR: I think the idea is a good one, but probably not achieveable in the forthcoming release, esp. given CBJ's coments
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 10. Aug 18, 00:47

All the people saying probably not going to happen in the next release, I think I explicitly said in the OP that it was an idea for a DLC/expansion. A paid one at that.

It was an idea, a suggestion for something in the future. I'm not trying to be entitled, I would be willing to pay a reasonable price for it. I was trying to gauge what sort of interest other people had in the idea by including a poll. Egosoft can take my suggestions or leave them (the same with the X4 as RTS suggestion), they are just that, suggestions from a player who has spent thousands of hours playing various iterations of X games, and who has thought quite a bit about what I would consider fun.

Other people may not share my idea of what would be fun, and they are welcome to disagree, but I repeat, none of what I am asking for is anything I even remotely expected to be included in the first release.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Fri, 10. Aug 18, 16:46

adeine wrote:
15. A first iteration of multiplayer (not for the full universe with the economy and everything, just the combat simulator) could be considered! Try not to get all irate, anti-multiplayer folks, this would not affect the base, single player game at all.
Hey, I know what will make X4 sell $$$$$$$$$$$BIG BUCKS$$$$$$$$$$$... have you considered, and you may want to grab a seat, X4 - Battle Royale mode? Say it with me folks,

Winner winner bofu dinner*

*bofu dinner not included in base game - available through ingame X4 GOLD battle pass subscription IT'S JUST COSMETIC

+1
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Return to “X4: Foundations”