[MOD] [AP] LxXRM - Lucike XRM Resurrection Modding Package

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

michtoen
x3

[MOD] [AP] LxXRM - Lucike XRM Resurrection Modding Package

Post by michtoen » Wed, 11. Jul 18, 21:57

* This is the initial test release. With the time it was growing alot and i need to write alot more infos, which will take a bit time and need some feedback. This package is full playable and complete, just at this point there are not everything explained. That will follow *

LxXRM is not a mod but modding.
So, LxXRM is putting mods together and make them work.

DOWNLOAD 1.0 : http://ks4003297.ip-142-4-209.net/unrest/LxXRM10.zip

One important note: ITS FOR ALBION PRELUDE ONLY. And its english (language 44) only. To change both would be a major effort.

What is LxXRM doing and installing?

- XRM
- *all* Lucike scripts
- the Lucike fake mod stuff and scripts
- the missing english t files
- TCAP for AP for XRM (optional)
- Lost Colony (optional)
- a fix mix to make work all this together
- a full X3 Customizer tweak
- CPP performance patch
- Awesomefied Weapons
- Complex Cleaner, enhanced EQ Docks, advanced Complex Hubs, Saturn Complex Hubs,...
- No Ring Gates
- Resurrection
- NPC bailing (fixed and extended)
- SCS (with some changes)
- Revelation for XRM (extended for LxXRM)
- ADS + PirateGuild + Yaki + fixes
- Phanon XRM
- Improved Khaak
- Bounce (with t files for different setups)
- Patches for all this
- 40+ mods
- Missile Safety with fixes so it works on top of it
- some more smart fixes

Puh.. and well... and it works.

- the "XRM becomes slower" is fixed
- Beam weapons and big fights really work

In fact, the installer is the core of this whole thing. It would not work without it. I did so many accidently mistakes in the time i created this, its nearly impossible to put this all together without having a serious system and guide.

To see something epic, do a full install, install the cycrow cheat scripts, enable Revelation, set your xenon notority to 9999999 and go to Tokio Kappa and wait for the first Xenon wave. I tweaked the settings so you will see full weaponized capital ships. Its some show.

How it works?

This modding package comes with several directories starting with a number like 010, 020, 100... To install the package, the files inside that dirs must be copied in order. There is usally a sub dir in it called "X3AP_COPYME"... well, that what should be copied to the install. The 010 stuff MUST be copied before any higher number. Then next higher number. In order.

You have not to think about it or even touch it by hand if you do a full batch install. The install script will do it. But for a more serious install its possible to install it by hand, you will do that for the scripts later if you want to extend it.

The fake mod stuff and the merging of the mods can't be done by normal package installers. There is a lot file work and copy/merging needed. Again - all that is done by the bat installer.

The whole thing is vanilla friendly as possible.
We use the X Plugin Manager - in fact its mandatory by the install.

It can and it is used for a standard install to install more scripts and play around with it.

First thing: The LxXRM package includes alot other scripts packages from other modders.

LxXRM is in this way also an archive.

Thats needed to make this work - i had to search for many of this scripts through half the internet and test 10 different zips to find the fitting one.
I included every original package in a sub folder as !ORIG.
I only repacked them if needed and created a spk for them too.

I included there in the spk data the source of the files and/or the forum thread.

I pre unzipped the mods too - i hope this is ok for all the modders.
I *can* remove a package and make the users through download it normally and write a special automatic unpack for it - but please, that makes it for all harder.
If anyone really not want to see his script in it, give me a note, then i write an extern installer for it for the batch.

The different scripts are untouched, unchanged, can be updated. Its just to make a good install, not to have here some kind of mod.

Extern download is already part of it - XRM and Resurection would blow the download up to over 2G.

So i included a installer for the installer.
After downloading the big files, the installer will unzip them and bring them in right order to install.
Thats only needed one time, after that you have them unpacked for as many install as you want.

There is so many to write that it would blow up this post - for this first release i will only give the basic information to test and install.
Its full playable and stable - so if you want play xrm and stuff give it a try.
Last edited by michtoen on Mon, 16. Jul 18, 18:43, edited 3 times in total.

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Wed, 11. Jul 18, 21:57

1.) Make a clean install

1a.) copy a clean install to something like c:/X3AP for example. do NOT use the standard steam install.
If you have the game for GOG or something, get info how to make a clean install in a different dir.

A1b.) Install the non steam binaries - if you have the game from steam

1b.) rename X3AP.exe to X3AP_n.exe or ensure both are there. We use the X3AP_n.exe as marker for the new dir

1c.) Install the X Plugin Manager
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=265915
http://www.xpluginmanager.co.uk/XPlugin ... taller.exe

1d.) Aktivate the X-Universe Plugin Manager ADVANCED
Really - the advanced version.
Startup the Manager and active it by changing the mode to "modified" in the dropdown menu of it, so it installs the base scripts of it.
Then close the Manager (important, it will generate a an important file when closing the game needs!).

2.) LxXRM - unzip and download last files

2a.) unzip the LxXRM_xxx.zip... i suggest C:/LxXRM or D:/LxXRM or something.

2b.) Download the not included mods

* NOTE: do NOT unzip the files - the install bat will do that automatically *

* Copy this files <YOUR_LxXRM_PATH)/_DOWNLOAD *

XRM - you have to download the 3 XRM parts from here:
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=304158

ONLY this 3 files - all other are not needed.
Cockpit mod will not work, sorry.

So, download this
XRM1.30_PART_1.zip
XRM1.30d_PART_2.zip
XRM1.29_PART_3.zip

Resurrection
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=395259
https://x3-resurrection.wgz.cz/

This 2 files:

X3-RESURRECTION_3.0.rar
Compatibility pack for XRM.rar

I already included the Lucike file
Lucikes_Rundum_Sorglos_Paket_X3TC_X3AP.7z

Because its strange name (german) and its partly hard to find, because Lucike turned his forums down and he is usually around more in german with that package.
The Lucike 7z includes really ALL (the name means something like "complete care free package", btw).

3.) Run 01_SETUP_.bat

Now its time to run the first bat file.

You have to open the _X3AP_PATH_.bat file too.
After running the 01_SETUP_.bat you will get a warning message about a not set path.

You have to point in the _X3AP_PATH_.bat file the line

set X3AP_PATH=D:/X3AP

to the path you installed your X3 Copy. It must be the path, the X3AP_n.exe is in, NOT the addon directory.
If you installed it in D:/X3AP, you are set by default.

Try to rerun the 01_SETUP_.bat and adjust the path until you get an OK message.

Then the script will ask you to
"SETUP will now backup some files so the REMOVE script can restore a clean install! (this step can't be skipped)"

Type a "Y" for Yes - its safe, the bat file will just do a backup for some stuff, so you can later remove all to have a fresh install again.

4.) Run 02_UNPACK_.bat

Well, when you did the dowload right and the setup, it will now just unzip all and prepare the mods in the right way.
Just run it and follow the messages, its pretty self explaining.

* You have to run the 01_SETUP_.bat and the 02_UNPACK_.bat only once after you unzipped a new LxxRM *

5.) Run 03-INSTALL_.bat

This script will install the mod - it will ask you some questions what you want install.
Then its running automatically.

-> TCAP will renable Terran Conflict missions and combine them with AP missions to one big quest line
Install TCAP for AP or not. I merged all patches and did some light fixes (the original files crashed the X3 Editor).
This will make nearly all original Terran Conflict missions playable in AP. If you want play a start without missions, say NO here.

-> Do you want install the XRM "No Argon/Terran War Pack" script?
The option will only be avaible when no TCAP is selected. Its the original XRM script.

-> Lost Colony will fill unused galaxy map spots with systems (TCAP compatible) (recommended)
Well, make the universe bigger. It will work good with the selected mods.
Do NOT try to add other advanced universe stuff over it - they will not work because other mods, there is a reason we use this.

-> What XRM hull strength increase? None, Low (x1.5 - x2.5), Medium (x2.4 - x6.0) (recommended) or High (x3.5 - x12.0)?
Select what XRM hull you want play (or no one).
I *strongly* recommend to use the medium one - i will explain why later.

-> Patch with the included X3 Customizer files? (recommended)
Thats the other core of LxXRM. To have the option to exclude it is mainly here to run an own X3 Customizer.
Do not run LxXRM really without it1

-> You want install a larger font? (recommended for higher resolutions)
We use the Pure HUD. I found the font a bit small on my 16:10 monitor.
I would recommend to install it except you run a VERY low resolution/mode.

-> Use CPP performance weapon settings? (recommended)
This will make beam weapon playable, together with Awesomefied Weapons just epic.
It will turn XRM in a playable and different game together with X3 Customizer.

-> Include safe scripts by batch or no scripts? Use A for all (debug and experts only)
For this Beta test, say "A" for all.
If you do not want install a script, or only the safe ones, just say Yes or No.
Then you have to install by hand with the Plugin Manager the directories from 500 on (if you installed NO scripts) or from 600 up, if you installed only the safe scripts.

What means safe/no safe/wares scripts?

Well, all in 5xx is safe to install because it comes with no dependency.

The golden rule: Every script in a specific directory can be installed in any order.
So, it does not makes any difference which lib in the 500 - Libs directory you install first.

But NEVER EVER install a script from a higher directory before you install one of the lower.
In case you have to do it, better to a clean install.

The directories 600+ are critical. They install either ware or will overwrite system files.

The trick is the order. In the order LxXRM gives, every script will overwrite others with a "better" and fitting or from me fixed file.
In the end you will have in the best case a perfect install and not run in the case that you notice after hours of playing you had accidently overwritten the wrong files.

6.) RUN THE PLUGIN MANAGER
This is important - after the install run the plugin manager.
That will generate the needed TWareT.pck file in types. The installer will remove that file by default so you should get a warning if you start the game without it.

7.) 04-REMOVE_.bat
You want try different setups?
Just run the 04-REMOVE_.bat and the bat file will set the install back to the point before you run the 03-INSTALL_.bat.

You can try out in this way different installs in a minute. In fact, after in cache, i can do a remove and install in like 30 seconds.
Last edited by michtoen on Wed, 11. Jul 18, 23:06, edited 2 times in total.

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Wed, 11. Jul 18, 21:58

RESERVED

steve_v

Post by steve_v » Sat, 14. Jul 18, 13:39

This looks freakin awesome, and everything I ever wanted from XRM. :D

Two questions:

1) What did you fix WRT XRM performance?
The last time I played that mod I suffered a general (CPU bound) performance degradation over time, to the point that the game became difficult to play by ~day 10.
I'm not sure if XRM works with the fixed generic missions in the latest AP release, but if it replaces them that might explain it.
How is long-term performance with LxXRM?

2) How do I install this on GNU/Linux?
I can run those batch files (and XPM) in a Windows VM and point it to my native install with dummy X3AP_n.exe, but I'll need the XRM Linux patch in place of XRM part 3.
It's been well over a decade since I used Windows seriously, so I'm not sure how modifying your installer will go for me. I see a variable in there though... I'll give it a poke. :P

-----

Ed. Oh, FFS. Your batch files can't be in a path with spaces. What is this, 1995? :roll:

02_UNPACK_.bat contains 'set X3AP_PATH=D:/X3AP', which overrides the var set in the prior install steps.

Installing this on GNU/linux is going to be a bear. There are several hardcoded references to XRM part3 in the batch files, which I have changed, but the cat/dat ordering is also up to FA, as XRM linux patch includes a new pair.
I don't see any easy (i.e. configuration variables) way in the installer scripts to insert a cat/dat pair after XRM part 2.

Kudos for the pack I guess, but it's no use to me as it is - I expect I'd be better off installing the included stuff manually.
Or perhaps rewriting the installer in bash, if I can be arsed. Batch files are horrible, and I've just remembered why I hate scripting on Windows.

-----
Ed. I'll install this with no scripts, manually install the XRM Linux patch (it's just sound files and lens-flare AFAIK), then install some of your included scripts (in your order) with the plugin manager.
I'll let you know how (if) this franken-install runs... Hey, why not, I have nothing better to do tonight. ;)

-----
Ed. Game crashes at start screen. Assuming this mod pack includes something else (other than XRM) not compatible with the Linux port.
Installed: base mod pack, plus XRM Linux patch (installed as per XRM thread). No scripts.
Ahh well, it looks nice, nevermind.

I'll come back if you fix this, but it's beyond my motivation level to go through everything in here myself, it's just too difficult to isolate each mod included.

-----
Ed. I'm now pretty certain it's Resurrection that is crashing the game.
The Linux (and probably Mac) ports use OpenGL and don't support the same dds compression formats as the Windows version.
There are also reports of format incompatibilities with the start screen .jpgs (of all things) causing similar crashes.

Any chance of making Resurrection (and maybe Awesomefied too) optional so this will run on Linux & Mac?

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Sat, 14. Jul 18, 22:59

Oh my, i was aware people are on linux too, but i had no idea there first report is about it.

My RL work is on *nix systems, but i do not have game ready systems.

Well - sorry for the bat file, there are some restrictions. I forgot about no spaces... There is a reason for it, the automatic path find loop do not like it. I think i can remove it but its a safety feature from a prof. project.

Because that loop is admin safe - a bat executed as admin is virtually moved to the windows system folder in C: or where you installed windows. And then there is a bug with spaces... i think i can remove that loop and just use plain '.'.

I have no idea how X3 runs under linux, if its really the Resurrection mod i am puzzled too. Anyway, its safe to remove it. You can either move the fake mods on top of it down or overwrite it with one without content. The mod has no dependencies.

There is another trap for linux, you have to check for directory names because the case sensitifiy of linux. Thats also a problem in other scripts/nods you for sure experienced.

Its a bit work to make it portable, nothing special just some grind.

I will include the bash files, if you have them and its no problem for me to support them in the future.

So, if you want check all out and adjust, go on, i will include it in the next release.

There is a small t-file problem in the Khaak mod, i moved the ship commands not good enough, but it will not make problems at start.
I fixed that already and will ad it in the next release.
The whole thing is VERY stable under windows, btw.

I have since 2 weeks with that setup no crash experienced. Just be careful what you add on top of it, do not add for example another automatic target mod, it will crash the game regulary here and there. Also, LIFE or such, using some system 0,0 tricks with spawns should be not used. I will write a guide later for it.

To 1.)

Yes, it is fixed with a very good chance. Not by me but by the X3 Customizer, following this thread:

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=398200

That full fix and alot more fixes are included.

Second part was a problem with the beam weapon settings and lasers of XRM, thats also fixed, even better as vanilla i guess.

I did not experienced slowdowns by time in my testings anymore (and i also check the running scripts, all fine). I also did fight checks like 50 adv. Khaak Destroyers vs. 50 Xenon Z, all full of beam. I did that with max. gfx settings on by box under 1920x1200. Yes, it was slow sometimes but playable and stable. Thats 100 extrem expensive ship models and ALOT beams, the screen was just yellow/green when they fired.

Thats the CPP patch and awosomfied lasers together, works all like a charm.
So, its important Awesomefied is included.

Can you give out a try without Resurrection? Just delete for that the fake mods 13 & 14 and rename everthing about it 2 numbers lowers. Then its 100% removed.

steve_v

Post by steve_v » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 02:39

michtoen wrote:Oh my, i was aware people are on linux too, but i had no idea there first report is about it.
Just timing really, I was looking for the components to set up XRM+TCAP+LoCo, and I found this.
michtoen wrote:I have no idea how X3 runs under linux, if its really the Resurrection mod i am puzzled too.
The linux port runs just fine, no observable difference from the original... Unless mods include incompatible audio or image/texture formats.
As for Resurrection, it crashes vanilla AP too, so it's not you. :)
michtoen wrote:Yes, it is fixed with a very good chance. Not by me but by the X3 Customizer
Damn, another new tool I was unaware of.
Not that I'm much good at, or have much time for modding X3, but I'll have to play with that.
michtoen wrote:its important Awesomefied is included.
Awesomefied causes the engine to throw warnings about OpenGL incompatible dds compression. I doubt it will work as intended.
A very quick test (aggroing a lasertower in argon prime) says beam weapons don't work. It will target me, but it won't fire.
michtoen wrote:Can you give out a try without Resurrection?
Seems to run okay, aside from the above. I get a 'ReadText0-250' in the AL menu, FWIW.

After messing with this a bit, I've concluded that there's too much included for my taste - even with none of the optional scripts installed. I think I'll just use it as a source for up-to-date mod files TBH. Sorry.

I would like those X3 customizer fixes though... Is your transform file safe to run on a plain old XRM + TCAP install?

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 04:05

Hi

No, the REadText in the AI menu is by design - thats from mars script.

I should wonder when there are real readtext elsewhere, i had not seen one since weeks.

After the game starts up, you must wait a bit, set your keys and gui and save like after a minute.

Then reload - you will get 2 more messages about starting the complex cleaner and mars. Thats because both are set to late load, thats ensures they start after every other mod.

Other mods do that too, just quite. For example alot scripts which put new ware in station.

If other scripts add station, and both run at the same time, they will have timing conflicts. So the trick is that usually the scripter which add base stuff, run it right away, the scripts which needs that base stuff, run after the first load. Thats something which is a done in X since the early modding days.

In 420 - CPP weapon performance you can look in the !ORIG sub direcotry and get from the zip inside the TBullet.txt.

Thats the non awe. version. But for bigger battles you need some substitiution for that for late and mid game or the fights will be slow.

X3 Customizer can make a version with removed beams, using normal bullets.

We can do a "you want use resurrection mod" and "you want use awesom. weapons or no bullet beams" to make a compatible version. Its no problem, i can include that in the next release and you can check it out.

Well, too much included is for the base scripts and mods not the points - its lucike & XRM and then just the 4 complex and station mods which enhance and add stations. Without the complex stuff you will run in late game in performance problerms again, thats the base stuff. These station moids do not add really new stuff, just variations and instances of docks and complexes, so its playable also late game.

TCAP and Lost Colony are optional by design, the invasion scripts are all inactive and do nothing until activated.

Thats the idea: To give all option but without to overload the game.

You should NOT activate all invasion scripts at start. Do so and you are dead anyway, there is no way to survive them all at once from start.

i usually start Yaki, then the pirate guild (it should be in that order, so the pirate guild can detect the actrive Yaki) and the Revelation. Anything else you better run later or when you need a new challange.

Ensure you config in the hotkeys cyrows plugin manager menu first, there are the other half of setups menus in, like in the AI menu. There you set the npc bail (which is deactivated in this version by start) and set the salvage commands to use "system override software", then the whole thing works non cheaty as it should.
Last edited by michtoen on Sun, 15. Jul 18, 04:28, edited 3 times in total.

Scorchlite
x3ap

Post by Scorchlite » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 04:23

Hey I've had a quick test and it all seems to be working well for me.. I'm super impressed and happy that you did this! I haven't played X3 in quite a long time because of the slowdown and some mod issues (I honestly couldnt identify what suddenly went weird on my old PC), so am very excited about playing with this setup.

I have one question though, is it possible to use IEX with this loadout? :)

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 04:35

Scorchlite wrote:Hey I've had a quick test and it all seems to be working well for me.. I'm super impressed and happy that you did this! I haven't played X3 in quite a long time because of the slowdown and some mod issues (I honestly couldnt identify what suddenly went weird on my old PC), so am very excited about playing with this setup.

I have one question though, is it possible to use IEX with this loadout? :)
In theory, yes. But there are some issues and it need some testing.
And it makes it even more complex to setup because more variants.

TCAP needs another patch on the top of it, not sure how to merge that with current setup because i already add here lost colony.

I did not included it because that because it needs here and there some patches for xrm and reserrection too i think and for all which plays around with the story part.

I personally like the hard, dark look of the vanilla + resurrection mix, all this colorful nebula stuff is a bit much for my taste.

So, if one like to volunteer here, he is welcome. But its a bit work - the testing will be time consuming.

steve_v

Post by steve_v » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 05:05

michtoen wrote:No, the REadText in the AI menu is by design - thats from mars script.
Ahh, I forgot about that, haven't used mars in ages. Don't really want it TBH.
Same goes for many (but not all) of Lucike's scripts, eEQD and SHC really.
Integrating TCAP, LoCo and Litcube's stuff is nice though (maps and MD stuff confuses me), if only the rest worked on my OS.
michtoen wrote:We can do a "you want use resurrection mod" and "you want use awesom. weapons or no bullet beams" to make a compatible version.
That would be awesome :D

The rest: Yeah, I know.

I'm going to actually play some game before my weekend expires though, so I just rolled my own install. Made some tweaks with X3customizer that will (hopefully) help with late-game lag.
I'd love to find an alternative to awesomefied, but I don't see anything around here, and I'm not really set up to muck about with fixing it.

Thanks for the pack of updated original files, they saved a bunch of time. I can even install those without a Winblows VM. :)

Pierre'70
x4

Post by Pierre'70 » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 12:24

I'm having trouble setting this up, I've got the _X3AP_PATH_ BAT set up so it finds my X3AP installation, but it tells me it can't find the plugin manager even though I've pointed it to that folder. It tells me to refer to a README_FIRSt.txt but I can't find this in the LxXRM download.

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 17:43

You have not point to the plugin manager but you have to run it and activate it - aka set your X3 to marked. It will also write some scripts by default to it.

When the installer bat can find that .pck/.xml in addon/scripts the message will be gone.

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 17:48

steve_v wrote:
michtoen wrote:No, the REadText in the AI menu is by design - thats from mars script.
Ahh, I forgot about that, haven't used mars in ages. Don't really want it TBH.
Same goes for many (but not all) of Lucike's scripts, eEQD and SHC really.
Integrating TCAP, LoCo and Litcube's stuff is nice though (maps and MD stuff confuses me), if only the rest worked on my OS.
michtoen wrote:We can do a "you want use resurrection mod" and "you want use awesom. weapons or no bullet beams" to make a compatible version.
That would be awesome :D

The rest: Yeah, I know.

I'm going to actually play some game before my weekend expires though, so I just rolled my own install. Made some tweaks with X3customizer that will (hopefully) help with late-game lag.
I'd love to find an alternative to awesomefied, but I don't see anything around here, and I'm not really set up to muck about with fixing it.

Thanks for the pack of updated original files, they saved a bunch of time. I can even install those without a Winblows VM. :)
Yeah, fine with me - thats what it is for - to use it for different setups.

I am not sure what the best is - one good way would be to create different batch sets and for thats own "copyme" sub folders or something else.

The golden way would be make zips and unzip it by the fly, so it can be really 1:1 be selected, but thats some awful work and i am not sure it become to complex then.

If aynone has a good idea...

Pierre'70
x4

Post by Pierre'70 » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 17:52

You have not point to the plugin manager but you have to run it and activate it - aka set your X3 to marked. It will also write some scripts by default to it.

When the installer bat can find that .pck/.xml in addon/scripts the message will be gone.
I've followed the instructions in the first post about the plugin manager, is it because I have it installed in C:Games/X3/X Plugin Manager? The game is in C:Games/X3/x3 terran conflict. It looks like the plugin manager has created a large number of files in addon/scripts, what's the specific one that needs to be there?

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 19:40

Pierre'70 wrote:

I've followed the instructions in the first post about the plugin manager, is it because I have it installed in C:Games/X3/X Plugin Manager? The game is in C:Games/X3/x3 terran conflict. It looks like the plugin manager has created a large number of files in addon/scripts, what's the specific one that needs to be there?
Hm, what is exactly the error message and after you run what bat file?

After you did a clean install and started and point the plugin manager to it and marked your X3 modifed, all needed scripts should ready.

In fact the bat file is just checking 2 scripts are in addon/scripts, you can look in the bat file and find the check line, its pretty obvioous to see and read.

I wonder whats the problem is...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”