XR modding discussion split from X4 Battle Bridge thread

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Post Reply
linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
Posts: 2083
Joined: Mon, 26. Mar 12, 14:57

Post by linolafett » Tue, 29. May 18, 16:57

You can always use mods to tailor the game towards more your liking.
01010111 01101000 01100101 01101110 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01110010 01100101 01101100 01100101 01100001 01110011 01100101 00111111

My art stuff

User avatar
Sandalpocalypse
Posts: 4140
Joined: Tue, 2. Dec 03, 23:28

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Tue, 29. May 18, 17:00

lol, no matter how good a job egosoft does, there will always be a place for mods. There's *always* more you can add to sandbox games, even ignoring changeups.
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

Fleabum
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed, 24. Dec 03, 22:44

Post by Fleabum » Tue, 29. May 18, 17:31

Karvat wrote:You won't need mods if egosoft will already have made an excellent job
I disagree with this. Moddable games are like burgers, a plain burger is good, but a modded burger is better. Add mods to your liking, onions, ketchup, bacon, sauce, lettuce, croutons, horseradish, fries, Quorn burger, toasted bun, sesame bun... yumm yumm, I'm hungry now

The more mods for a game the longer the game will be played.

Regards
Flea

User avatar
sd_jasper
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon, 25. Jan 16, 01:44

Post by sd_jasper » Tue, 29. May 18, 18:24

Fleabum wrote:
Karvat wrote:You won't need mods if egosoft will already have made an excellent job
I disagree with this. Moddable games are like burgers, a plain burger is good, but a modded burger is better. Add mods to your liking, onions, ketchup, bacon, sauce, lettuce, croutons, horseradish, fries, Quorn burger, toasted bun, sesame bun... yumm yumm, I'm hungry now

The more mods for a game the longer the game will be played.

Regards
Flea
Agreed. As a quick read of these forums will tell, the opinions of X fans are diverse to say the least. Mods allow for fans to tweak a game more toward their liking, as it is impossible to please everyone.

Skeeter
Posts: 2711
Joined: Thu, 9. Jan 03, 20:47

Post by Skeeter » Tue, 29. May 18, 19:46

I don't use mods so rely that egosoft does the best first time.
Image
3570k 4.5ghz 8gb DDR3 1600mhz MSI PE 670 2GB B_1149 22"/19" mon

thrangar
Posts: 1167
Joined: Wed, 6. Nov 02, 21:31

Post by thrangar » Tue, 29. May 18, 21:14

Skeeter wrote:I don't use mods so rely that egosoft does the best first time.

This is me also, but its because I have never figured out how to mod an X game

I didn't buy XR so how is/will the modding be applied to X4...will I need that plug in manager thing (that never worked for me) that was used for the AP TC versions?

User avatar
Nosscar
Posts: 1120
Joined: Thu, 14. Feb 13, 13:59

Post by Nosscar » Tue, 29. May 18, 21:58

thrangar wrote:
Skeeter wrote:I don't use mods so rely that egosoft does the best first time.

This is me also, but its because I have never figured out how to mod an X game

I didn't buy XR so how is/will the modding be applied to X4...will I need that plug in manager thing (that never worked for me) that was used for the AP TC versions?
Mods are really easy in x rebirth, just go to workshop and subscribe to them, i assume x4 will be similar.
Image
FX 6300:Windforce GTX 1060,6gb vram:16GB RAM.

thrangar
Posts: 1167
Joined: Wed, 6. Nov 02, 21:31

Post by thrangar » Wed, 30. May 18, 03:50

Nosscar wrote:
thrangar wrote:
Skeeter wrote:I don't use mods so rely that egosoft does the best first time.

This is me also, but its because I have never figured out how to mod an X game

I didn't buy XR so how is/will the modding be applied to X4...will I need that plug in manager thing (that never worked for me) that was used for the AP TC versions?
Mods are really easy in x rebirth, just go to workshop and subscribe to them, i assume x4 will be similar.
OK ! now that I know how to do :P

User avatar
spankahontis
Posts: 2249
Joined: Tue, 2. Nov 10, 22:47

Post by spankahontis » Wed, 30. May 18, 16:38

Tried using Vortex for modding X:Rebirth, doesn't work.
There is no.. WaaaHH!!

User avatar
[FFCW]Urizen
Posts: 227
Joined: Sat, 9. Apr 11, 01:42

Post by [FFCW]Urizen » Thu, 31. May 18, 01:19

Most likely because Vortex is still in alpha last I checked. For the time being, you might want to use NMM.
Insanity is just another form of brilliance!

ajime
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon, 15. May 17, 09:00

Post by ajime » Mon, 2. Jul 18, 05:48

Skeeter wrote:I don't use mods so rely that egosoft does the best first time.
I have recently fallen to the dark side. But only with capital bridge mod. The visual immersion just too irresistible.

User avatar
euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Posts: 10689
Joined: Sun, 15. Feb 04, 21:12

Re:

Post by euclid » Tue, 30. Oct 18, 18:13

Skeeter wrote:
Tue, 29. May 18, 19:46
I don't use mods so rely that egosoft does the best first time.
You're missing out big time, Skeeter ;-)

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Skeeter
Posts: 2711
Joined: Thu, 9. Jan 03, 20:47

Re: XR modding discussion split from X4 Battle Bridge thread

Post by Skeeter » Tue, 30. Oct 18, 22:06

Perhaps but I try to just enjoy the game given. If there was a star trek mod I would try that at least or similar mods.
Image
3570k 4.5ghz 8gb DDR3 1600mhz MSI PE 670 2GB B_1149 22"/19" mon

Post Reply

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”