How to view my personal uplinked stats ?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

siddham
x3tc

How to view my personal uplinked stats ?

Post by siddham » Wed, 4. Apr 18, 01:50

I know there is a way to do it...
But I cannot figure out how
Could someone please tell me

Thanks

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 4. Apr 18, 11:11

There are three ways:

1. Find a forum post of yours and click on your medals on the left side of the post screen for a selection of your current stats (they may be newer than your last upload).

2. Go to the forum Home page and follow Home, Games, the game, Player Rankings for your last uploaded stats compared under various categories.

3. Follow the relevant FAQ.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

siddham
x3tc

Post by siddham » Wed, 4. Apr 18, 11:49

Thanks Alan

It didn't occur to me to click on the medals
I was looking on the right side where is says 'Profile' - because that is where it says to look in the FAQ, which I did consult
"Your personal statistics for each game can be viewed in your forum profile"
So I searched in all the options listed under 'Profile' on the right side of the page
The FAQ would be much clearer if it said to click on the medals
(just a suggestion)

I also tried using your second method, via the forums Home page
The problem with that way (so far as I can see) is that your personal stats are buried in the lists of player rankings and difficult to find
you have to click through how ever many pages to find your own ranking
(or is there some way to go directly to your own stats and ranking by that second method?)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 4. Apr 18, 11:57

Unfortunately once uploaded your stats get compiled into the rankings and so there is no record kept of the original upload file - that I know of.

Of course if you don't mind a bit of sorting through the weeds, you can always unzip your last PlayerStats.pck and then look at the result in NotePad or a similar text application. (Uploads have to be signed and so edited stats won't work . :wink: )
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

siddham
x3tc

Post by siddham » Wed, 4. Apr 18, 13:01

Thanks for that tip about unzipping the stats file - it didn't occur to me to do that
I am happy enough now that I know about clicking the medals
I like to track my rank progress as I play through the game
It's not a competitive thing; just for myself; I dont expect to reach anything like the ranks you and others attain
:)

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 4. Apr 18, 19:28

IIRC, the unzipped stats are in some xml-format. Anything that parses that, for example Python, makes it easier to filter useful nuggets out of it.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

siddham
x3tc

Post by siddham » Wed, 4. Apr 18, 22:31

Great - thank you

Another question you guys may be able to answer...
When I played X2 I had a utility that allowed me to analyse the supply situation in sectors I had mapped. It was very helpful for planning my building program. And it didn't make my game modded because I simply saved my game then ran the script which produced a log file and then exited. The utility used the log file.
Is there anything like that for Reunion?
And/or other utilities that collate and present data that can be useful for analysis and planning (and can be used without marking the game as modded)

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 4. Apr 18, 22:56

Ahh, the X2 Sector Planner by LordSuch?

At least Scorp did a map tool: https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=166320

The big difference between X2 and X3R is that X2 had rather static map. The NPC Factories at most died. Permanently. Furthermore, they had ships to pull in needed resources. All rather predictable. "Holes to fill."

The X3 have GoD that turns NPC Factories off and on; the amount of factories varies partly depending on "economic events". Furthermore, they have no ships. They are on the mercy of Free Traders -- essentially limited NPC Trade Mk3 UT's -- on both getting resources and selling products.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

siddham
x3tc

Post by siddham » Thu, 5. Apr 18, 00:42

Ah! I see what you mean about the fundamental difference between the economies of X2 & X3
Wow that is a big deal and something I did not know
I am sure there must have been a lot of discussion about the differences and the implications for the X Universe and the human player
I would like to know more about that, if you have any suggestions or links etc

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”