Next update

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Okay so a quick poll as to who believes Egosoft is producing enough content/news in regards to the upcoming X4 game.

Poll ended at Sat, 28. Apr 18, 01:28

Yes I am happy with the amount of information available for the game
43%
I feel it would benefit Egosoft financially to produce more news of the game as this would build their fan base with little cost to themselves
35%
I would like more information but understand that this would be too costly for Egosoft to produce
20%
I think the amount of information given by Egosoft regarding X4 is too much
2%
Other-Document in comments.
No votes

Total votes: 46

koyuka
x3

Next update

Post by koyuka » Sat, 21. Apr 18, 01:28

Okay so a quick poll as to who believes Egosoft is producing enough content/news in regards to the upcoming X4 game.

Following on from the poll the below text is just my own opinion, it might be best to submit your vote before reading if you are easily persduaded. Is there any idea when we can expect to see some more information or a new stream of the game?

Is it not possible to start some kind of development diary, noting what the staff have been working towards each month. Paradox did similar with games like Hearts of Iron. I know obviously there is a big difference in company/staff size between the two companies but surely something similar is possible as it would not take much.

I am eager to spread the word of X4! However at times it seems like egosoft like to keep things quiet and have as little awareness of the game as possible outside of their own forums. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Give us fans something we can use to spread the word of the game, either via gaming forums or social media. It will likely end up to you getting more fans and will cost you nothing. Which is why I don't understand the silence. Please enlighten me!

Thanks

Dreez
x4

Post by Dreez » Sat, 21. Apr 18, 02:56

The game will come when it's ready.
Egosoft will probably release more information when it's ready.

I'm in no rush.
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Sat, 21. Apr 18, 07:08

Where is the option none of the above?
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Lc4Hunter
x4

Post by Lc4Hunter » Sat, 21. Apr 18, 07:10

Sorry but i don´t like this kind of polls or threads...
We already had something similar in the german part of the forum where one person was not happy about the "silence" around X4.

He wanted ES to bring out more updates and more streams. Want want want...

Lino answered that not every thing of his or their regular daily doing is interesting. Painting a ship here, changing some textures there, creating a small masstraffic ship and so on...

I know it´s not the best argument but must of us know Egosoft for being a "quiet" developer :wink: I also know that many people would like to see more of the new game or the game´s development but hey...
Let them just do their work! We can feel very happy with the current informations we got. We were able to see a lot of the game and we could also see some good prgress (remember the first stream and the next one with the engine switched to Vulcan).

We will get more informations when they have enough to show.
It´s also not the best idea to show everything to the players - why should i play the game when i´ve seen already everything? Many people want to explore by their own. Find new ships, new places and so on.

Showing to much content can (! not will !) lead to uninterest.

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Sat, 21. Apr 18, 10:19

I do want to see more of the game, but it's pure hype. They've shown off the major game mechanics, what's new and what's different, and that's the important bit. We got to see some delicious new art assets too. I'd let them keep cracking on with the game.

Zetoss
x4

Post by Zetoss » Sat, 21. Apr 18, 10:24

For reference there is an optimal procedure devs can follow before releasing a game: providing limited but confirmed information now and then until it gets close to release, then when the release is VERY close provide the last bits that don't risk spoiling anything.

Hype a game long before its done and the players get impatient and lose interest, to me it looks like that's what this "poll" is trying to accomplish. As was already stated here, there isn't much of interest going on they're not already telling us about.

Analysing the situation to the best of my ability I'd say Egosoft is doing a terrific job of providing enough and not too much information, the only room for improvement would be to present the info in a format that's easier to read and find since we keep seeing the same questions posted all over the forum despite already being answered.

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Sat, 21. Apr 18, 11:14

Egosoft is a small studio; they don't have a large, dedicated marketing or media team. Note that major information releases have taken the form of livestreams that the developers themselves hold when they manage to make a bit of free time for it.

There's no direct indication, but from what I can tell they're still far from completing development, so they won't have anything finalized to show off. The devs stated multiple times they don't want to show off features that may be changed/not make it in to the game, or give information that's too vague that players will use to set up unrealistic expectations.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 21. Apr 18, 13:17

Zetoss wrote: ".. the only room for improvement would be to present the info in a format that's easier to read and find since we keep seeing the same questions posted all over the forum despite already being answered."

There are a few things that can help folks with their topic searches and are usually what moderators use when trying to help to answer posters' questions:

1. On the forum page under Control Panel to the right select Extra Search. Put the keyword(s) you want (and/or the author if known) in the relevant search box and select the specific Forum (X4: Foundations probably) that you want to search. Also select whether to see either the relevant threads or the posts. (This is a rather outdated and fragile forum tool that looks for hits for each and every word given so putting in very commonly-used keywords or too many words will just flood it or cause it to collapse. Keywords must be of 4 or more letters.)

2. Use Google search on the Egosoft website. Type a descriptive word or phrase into the exact word or phrase box of this. (This is an excellent forum search tool but obviously is not restricted to X4 posts, so choose your keywords or phrase to be specific.)

3. For X4 info, go to the X4 devs' FAQ Index and press Ctrl-F. Now type the keyword(s) into the Find box, search and use the previous/next buttons to view all the highlighted hits. (Very useful for finding related X4 questions already posted regarding the streams.)

Good hunting!
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 21. Apr 18, 16:56

C'mon guys - comparing to previous games, Egosoft is literally constantly throwing news about X4. It's not like they have to make live stream every month, but they do when they have enough content.

There is always a room for more "marketing", but I'd rather have what Egosoft is doing with X4, then some trash AAA superficial-hype-marketing that we get from major developers.

Greenhorn
x3ap

Post by Greenhorn » Sat, 21. Apr 18, 19:22

Hmm,players, I bet egosoft will need more revenue for this game too,Hmm im not in a rush for egosoft to do a twitter videos.benard said there will be one about the npc stuff..but im worried about the usa market here as trump policy will make computers more expensive 33% tariffs,and the world market impose there tariffs on usa.hopefully ill get a new computer at the end of this year. something about a new chip ,because prevoisly chips, amd & intell ,all of them, have a executive running problem.hardware/software,.they claim to patch it up, but,computer seems to get slower.if you all know what im talking about..well what do you think players.oh, I voted the second from top.bye. :) .
Running latest Steam X3: Albion Prelude .v 3.1 + bonus pack.favorite single music :Coldplay - Something just like this.Muse - Supermassive blackhole.Audiomachine - Sol Invictus,Cinematic.And finally, Florent Zunino - Foundation - Titles.

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Sat, 21. Apr 18, 19:48

No options there I'm interested in on voting.

It will be ready when it's ready. X4 from what I can tell has quite a lot of content already and they been more transparent then past X Games that I can remember.

I'm happy with how things are and happy to wait even if I have to wait till May 1st to play ;)

koyuka
x3

Post by koyuka » Sat, 21. Apr 18, 22:07

Kane Hart wrote:No options there I'm interested in on voting.

It will be ready when it's ready. X4 from what I can tell has quite a lot of content already and they been more transparent then past X Games that I can remember.

I'm happy with how things are and happy to wait even if I have to wait till May 1st to play ;)
I believe 'Yes I am happy with the amount of information available for the game' option is what you have just stated.

LC4Hunter:
Sorry but i don´t like this kind of polls or threads...
We already had something similar in the german part of the forum where one person was not happy about the "silence" around X4.
I'm sorry, I don't speak and cannot read german so quoting the German thread saying their is topics on this already is quite ridiculous.

It was a genuine question I was asking and I even stated please enlighten me if there are valid reasons for not producing more news about the game. Other members have done so in a constructive manner such as Zetoss and A5pect so if you do not like these kind of polls or threads you are more than welcome to simply ignore them and carry on with your day.

The reason I did the poll is that I genuinely want egosoft to do well and I have been an egosoft fan since X2.

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Sat, 21. Apr 18, 22:56

The option I would of chose is I personally find polls like this distasteful towards the devs. But thanks for the suggestion :)

koyuka
x3

Post by koyuka » Sat, 21. Apr 18, 23:46

Kane Hart wrote:The option I would of chose is I personally find polls like this distasteful towards the devs. But thanks for the suggestion :)
You should have chosen the 'Other-Document in comments.' option then :wink:

Return to “X4: Foundations”