Have ennemies been created with a full economy trading process ?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Browser_ice
x4

Have ennemies been created with a full economy trading process ?

Post by Browser_ice » Sat, 10. Mar 18, 16:54

I sincerly hope that in X4 ennemies are not like Xeno in X3: ennemies without economy and without normal trade opportunities.

Because I would have loved in X3 to have the possibility of being on the true eveil side but being able to participate in its economy and doing all the same trading of wares with them as with non ennemy races.

Heck even being nutral and trading with both sides woudl have been fun to see too.
Steam X-Superbox, XR, playing X4
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Sat, 10. Mar 18, 17:48

Absolutely, even in my opinion this feature can't be missing, to complete the variety in the game

ajime
x4

Re: Have ennemies been created with a full economy trading process ?

Post by ajime » Sun, 11. Mar 18, 07:43

Browser_ice wrote:I sincerly hope that in X4 ennemies are not like Xeno in X3: ennemies without economy and without normal trade opportunities.

Because I would have loved in X3 to have the possibility of being on the true eveil side but being able to participate in its economy and doing all the same trading of wares with them as with non ennemy races.

Heck even being nutral and trading with both sides woudl have been fun to see too.
actually i like the xenons in x3 since they have to migrate to invade sytems so you can have the option of blockades at gates. You can smash their shipyard and all their capships need to spawn from the only shipyard they have.

Browser_ice
x4

Post by Browser_ice » Sun, 11. Mar 18, 15:18

How about going to other zones to infect/capture whatever station they need and add patrols there ?
Steam X-Superbox, XR, playing X4
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 11. Mar 18, 18:59

Xenon shouldn't necessarily be trading, but they should have a resource based economy. That is, they would not be buying and selling for credits, but they definitely would need to mine and process the resources to make their ships and weapons.

Len5

Post by Len5 » Sun, 11. Mar 18, 22:20

I doubt this will be in the game. I guess they want to prevent you from sabotaging or completely wiping out the enemy.

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Sun, 11. Mar 18, 23:10

And it's right, but they could make somebody spawn only in the extreme case in which they risk extinction

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Mon, 12. Mar 18, 01:09

Falcrack wrote:Xenon shouldn't necessarily be trading, but they should have a resource based economy. That is, they would not be buying and selling for credits, but they definitely would need to mine and process the resources to make their ships and weapons.
I agree. All races should have working economies, even the Xenon. It would add so much to the atmosphere and believability of the X universe... afterall, they have solar power plants (at least, used to have), so it's not unrealistic for them to have mining operations and other manufacturing processes. They could sell everything for 0 credits, since their race is not profit-oriented (at least, in terms of money) and it'd help keep the economy flowing.

As for trading, the Xenon shouldn't really trade with anyone, since they see everyone as an enemy and intruder into their colonization/terraforming space that must be removed.

I guess the only factions that don't neccessarily have to have full economies are pirates (since they steal most of the stuff they need) and possibly the Khaak (not sure how their economy, culture, society and space craft construction works).

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Mon, 12. Mar 18, 02:40

Pirates should have at least trading routes in my opinion, if they steal wares, they should also have a reason, sell them

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Mon, 12. Mar 18, 14:40

Karvat wrote:Pirates should have at least trading routes in my opinion, if they steal wares, they should also have a reason, sell them
I agree with making pirates more pirate-like. Pirates moving stolen/looted goods from place to place is something would like to see.
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Mon, 12. Mar 18, 15:00

And I want a gamestart that allows the player to play like a pirate without limitations too (by limitations I mean without necessarily having to keep high the reputation with some race to accomplish missions, to trade, to earn credits and to proceed in the game)

Fedora01
x4

Post by Fedora01 » Mon, 12. Mar 18, 15:02

Something like Pirate Fence Stations would be cool, they could buy/sell most wares and would act as a front for nearby pirate stations. These stations would buy/sell at prices slightly below/above average prices and (depending on how strong the pirates are) even act as equipment docks and light shipyards.
Just my five Cents :)
In space no-one can hear you scream unless you're transmitting on the right radio frequency.

It was about this time I realized I might have too many tabs open.

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Tue, 13. Mar 18, 10:22

It would also be nice if the pirate stations trade in captured vessels. You could buy vessels and sell them. The station would only have vessels it actually bought in stock.

They could even add a huge used ship lot which is heavily protected and you could raid to "liberate the ships".
Save game editor XR and CAT/DAT Extractor
Keep in mind that it's still a work in progress although it's taking shape nicely.

If anyone is interested in a new save game editor for X4 and would like to contribute to the creation of one let me know. I do not have sufficient time to create it alone, but if there are enough people who want it and want to contribute we might be able to set something up.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 14. Mar 18, 01:45

I would think the Khaak would have an economy similar to the Xenon. That is, not money or barter based, they are a collective which work and produce goods to fit the needs of their species. Kind of like in X3 how we never trade credits within our stations, the only need for money is when we are purchasing stuff from outside factories.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Wed, 14. Mar 18, 23:36

Browser_ice wrote:How about going to other zones to infect/capture whatever station they need and add patrols there ?
Tried that, they just drag your patrols away and start to reassert themselves in the area attacking trade routes.
1 point I had 25 Osaka's patrolling a Xenon Sector and they still got through, spawning place to place, along with their Stations.
No fun if you know how the God Engine works, no fun having to check up on your ships when they slowly wear your fleets away.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

PowerPC603
xr

Post by PowerPC603 » Thu, 15. Mar 18, 14:36

In the videos they already said they want to have a FULLY working economy where everything is built somewhere and that it would be possible to cripple a race by destroying their resource-mining operation and/or production complexes.

So I guess they mean the Xenon as well, because it would look stupid that everyone needs to produce everything and the Xenon would just spawn it.
GamePC: 64bit Quad-core i5-3450 @ 3.1GHz, 12GB RAM, nVidia GeForce RTX2070 8GB, 22" LG Full-HD LED-monitor, Windows 7 Home 64bit

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 15. Mar 18, 17:05

A game start where ur a xenon or khaak that would be interesting if they had an economy too.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Thu, 15. Mar 18, 17:34

Of course, but think about it, you can do it with the pirates, or any other new hostile civilized race based on the whole economy
The Xenon attack only to destroy, so the only economy they need is to create new fleets, they don't even need an economy
The Khaaks look for Nividio, I would not mind seeing some of their mining ship at its hunt, but nothing more, an entire economy based on the Xenon or the Khaak would spoil

PowerPC603
xr

Post by PowerPC603 » Fri, 16. Mar 18, 16:07

Of course the Xenon and Khaak should have a smaller economy, but they still need to produce weapons and ships.

The Xenon are computers and don't need food, this significantly reduces the size of their economy.
So they only need mining (mining station and/or ships), a power plant, a weapon/shield factory and a shipyard.

The Khaak I'm not sure they need food, but they only have 3 laserbeam weapons (alpha, beta and gamma kyon emitters).
So their economy looks similar to the Xenon.
GamePC: 64bit Quad-core i5-3450 @ 3.1GHz, 12GB RAM, nVidia GeForce RTX2070 8GB, 22" LG Full-HD LED-monitor, Windows 7 Home 64bit

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Fri, 16. Mar 18, 16:20

PowerPC603 wrote:Of course the Xenon and Khaak should have a smaller economy, but they still need to produce weapons and ships.

The Xenon are computers and don't need food, this significantly reduces the size of their economy.
So they only need mining (mining station and/or ships), a power plant, a weapon/shield factory and a shipyard.

The Khaak I'm not sure they need food, but they only have 3 laserbeam weapons (alpha, beta and gamma kyon emitters).
So their economy looks similar to the Xenon.
That's exactly what I meant, but explained better, it should be exactly like that

Return to “X4: Foundations”