EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

Someone needs to deal with Ketraar on steam.
Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
dfm5000

PostPosted: Tue, 2. Jan 18, 06:03    Post subject: Someone needs to deal with Ketraar on steam. Reply with quote Print

He's killing your game before it even comes out, by making threats of banning people for sharing there opinions.

I don't live in China and most countries have some form of freedom of speech, Ketraar is taking this right away.

Requiemfang

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Tue, 2. Jan 18, 06:37    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

contact egosoft staff directly through a pm, don't bring up this stuff on the forum it's only going to create drama and po the moderating staff here.

jack775544

PostPosted: Tue, 2. Jan 18, 06:40    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Forum Rules wrote:
Discussion of any action taken by a moderator or site administrator is not permitted. This includes discussion of warnings, bans or locked topics, and also the re-starting of a topic that has just been locked.

I am in no position to comment on the moderation that had taken place but this is no real place to discuss moderation actions.
Messaging one of the forum admins (Xenon_Slayer seems to be the one handling the English forums) is a more appropriate action.

dfm5000

PostPosted: Tue, 2. Jan 18, 10:28    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Requiemfang wrote:
contact egosoft staff directly through a pm, don't bring up this stuff on the forum it's only going to create drama and po the moderating staff here.

I know it does, this isn't a moderation issue for egosoft.com rather a different site entirely.

But it's still there staff, so i'm not violating any rules here.

At any rate when CBJ gets on tomorrow hopefully he see's this first, and he can lock the thread as usual.

Then anyone else having similar problems with the steam user in question can feel free to pm away.

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Tue, 2. Jan 18, 10:35    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Locked under forum rule one.
Quote:
Personal abuse directed towards another forum member is not permitted under any circumstances. If you are offended by another user's post or conduct, try to contact that user directly to peacefully resolve the issue.

Check if your Email account has been pwned.
CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

PostPosted: Tue, 2. Jan 18, 12:25    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Since you decided to air your opinions on forum moderation in public rather than deal with it by PM, as required by the forum rules both here and on Steam, let's set a few facts straight. Your post was removed from the Steam forum because you likened pre-ordering games to funding terrorism. You were also previously removed from the XR forums for repeatedly insulting anyone who disagreed with your opinion (not, as you claim, for "sharing" your own).

The job of a moderator is to ensure that people comply the forum rules, and those who don't will be dealt with appropriately, whether here on on Steam. Oddly enough it is normally only the people who think that the rules don't apply to them that have a problem with that.

dfm5000

PostPosted: Fri, 2. Feb 18, 13:28    Post subject: Ketraar at it again. Reply with quote Print

I've seen some abusive moderators in the past some strict some irreversibly stupid. But I have never met a moderator that wants to be Barney f'ing fife.

For a good 10 mins after reading my reason for ban I laughed, not because of the reason I was being banned for, but because he had the audacity to link the steam rules of conduct after violating them himself.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16x_fOsJsmMNayOJuc-pFI42CGiz0uw_j
The user and me in question were greeting each other and joking, I don't think Ketraar is that dense not to have figured that one out.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4045-USHJ-3810
If moderators could be banned for violating the rules of conduct Ketraar would have violated these.

Racism, *discrimination*
Threats of violence or *harassment*, even as a joke.
*Abuse* or encourage abuse of the Post Reporting System

Please put Lupo in charge of the steam forums he's fair and probably one of the best mods you've got.

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Fri, 2. Feb 18, 14:06    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

You are now breaking the forum rules by discussing moderation actions. Locking the thread.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

PostPosted: Fri, 2. Feb 18, 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Merged. Apparently you didn't get the message last time, so let's make it very clear: you abide by the forum rules as you agreed to when you signed up for the forum, including the rule on discussing moderator actions, or you will be removed. You will not be warned again.

dfm5000

PostPosted: Sat, 24. Feb 18, 22:26    Post subject: Steam dicussions. Reply with quote Print

http://steamcommunity.com/app/392160/discussions/0/1499000547476644426/?ctp=17

Do you have questions and want to discuss your potential favorite game to be on steam?

Do you feel safe doing so or do you feel like a butt hurt moderator hideing in the shadows will jump out and diddle you in a moments notice because he was offended? Not because you said the f word, not because you were flamming it up, not because you we're a hitler reincarnated. Not because you did any kind of steam violations, but because he disagreed with what you said.

Personally i could give two shits about being banned, especially by a company that needs my money not the other way around.

Our voice lets the companies know what we are looking for in this up and coming X4 game. But when you do this chinese censorship non sense, the only person that is going to win is Star Citzen.

Mind you Egosoft isn't the only one playing the Chinese game Violition is doing it to, it didn't help them with Agents of Mayhem and it wont help Egosoft with X4.

Start letting people express there thoughts on this game and start taking notice, or go the way of the Dino.

Remember if modderators keep pissing people off this is going to end up on youtube and Facebook, so censorship is a wasted effort it just fuels hate and revenge.

Stop f'ing doing it.

elexis

PostPosted: Sat, 24. Feb 18, 22:36    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

That thread had degraded into a mud slinging match against the ES steam moderators and each other. I see no issue with mods decision to lock it.

Nice try spreading the toxicity here too.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

modified
PostPosted: Sat, 24. Feb 18, 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

@ dfm5000: This breaks so many forum rules and so can slide away.

Even if you say you don't mind being banned, we have our rules and procedures in place to try to keep these forums more pleasant for people to visit. We moderators do try to be fair and allow people to express their opinions, whether positive or negative, within a fairly relaxed set of forum rules.

This opening post plainly oversteps several lines that just cannot be ignored or tolerated. Comments on moderation and reopening of locked debates to name just two. Please desist from such posts or this informal warning will become far more formal and serious.

EDIT: Now this new thread has been merged with a previous similar one, it is evident that CBJ has already dealt above with all the unofficial warning phases and that you are indeed in risk of a ban.

Last edited by Alan Phipps on Sat, 24. Feb 18, 23:11; edited 1 time in total
CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

PostPosted: Sat, 24. Feb 18, 23:09    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I've collected these together so that everyone can see the pattern, namely you blatantly ignoring the forum rules, and blatantly ignoring repeated warnings to remain with the forum rules, all the while making spurious claims that you are being silenced just for giving your opinion.

Enough is enough. Yes, you are being banned, not to silence your opinion but because you are apparently incapable of remaining within the rules you signed up to when you joined the forum.

phoenix3000

PostPosted: Sun, 25. Feb 18, 01:27    Post subject: Internal Affairs Investigation!! Reply with quote Print

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=397926

Quote:

@Alan
@ dfm5000: This breaks so many forum rules and so can slide away.

Even if you say you don't mind being banned, we have our rules and procedures in place to try to keep these forums more pleasant for people to visit. We moderators do try to be fair and allow people to express their opinions, whether positive or negative, within a fairly relaxed set of forum rules.

This opening post plainly oversteps several lines that just cannot be ignored or tolerated. Comments on moderation and reopening of locked debates to name just two. Please desist from such posts or this informal warning will become far more formal and serious.

EDIT: Now this new thread has been merged with a previous similar one, it is evident that CBJ has already dealt above with all the unofficial warning phases and that you are indeed in risk of a ban.

No i don't mind being banned it's a pointless endeavor, in your eyes i'm just one person making trouble bla bla bla. Did you click the link I provided to you, which one of you is the head of the Moderators you or CBJ? At the very end Ketraar neglected to delete the last post, you should read the post.(Purely Amazing) There's at least 100 more just like that deleted.

If Ketraar wasn't deleting legit posts, you would have seen all the disbelief and displeasure of many of your other potential and returning Egosoft customers, with legit concerns and posts.

I'm not trying to say we don't need Moderators, because there are a lot of nut bags out there who need to get the boot. But when they aren't violating Steam rules and not Egosoft rules on a steam forum. You guys yourself need to obey the policy.

You can't have your rogue moderators out there perma banning someone because they didn't like someone's opinion. Ketraar has even done name calling because of an ideal he didn't like.

Now Ketraar represents your company he is not one of the regular steam moderators who get paid in animal crackers for there moderation he's one of the many faces of Egosoft. Right now he's making Egosoft's face into one in which only a mother could love.

@CBJ
Quote:

I've collected these together so that everyone can see the pattern, namely you blatantly ignoring the forum rules, and blatantly ignoring repeated warnings to remain with the forum rules, all the while making spurious claims that you are being silenced just for giving your opinion.

Enough is enough. Yes, you are being banned, not to silence your opinion but because you are apparently incapable of remaining within the rules you signed up to when you joined the forum.

I wasn't blatantly ignoring rules, I just didn't care for them. It's nothing personal in this me and Ketraar are alike.

Personalities clash!! But even crooked cops are subject to internal affair's who are crooked moderators subject to?

[/quote]

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)

PostPosted: Sun, 25. Feb 18, 03:12    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Rule 9, which I'm sure you are familiar with:

CBJ wrote:
Discussion of any action taken by a moderator or site administrator is not permitted. This includes discussion of warnings, bans or locked topics, and also the re-starting of a topic that has just been locked.

Correspondingly, thread locked and your new account for getting around your ban, is locked too.

Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2  Next