Fighter vs M2

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Hemmingfish

Post by Hemmingfish » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 21:47

pasmon wrote:What is the best loadout for a group of eclipse targeting an M8, M7 or M7C including antifighter missile protection?
PBG in all slots and PAC on the turrets

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Sat, 13. Jan 18, 18:45

pasmon wrote:I observed that a Panther(with IBLS, ISR and flaks) and with a squad of eclipse(4-6) can take out another lone M7(Terran or Xenon) protected by a small group of fighters more easily as compared to tiger.

In theory, a destroyer with a wing of fighters should easily dispatch another lone destroyer. Like Split M2+ or a Boreas guarded with panther or Demios.
True. But you have to spend money and go through all the chores to replace/repair your fighters, while your enemies just spawn theirs from thin air.

If you're looking forward to some carrier action I highly recommend the CODEA mod. The vanilla carrier commands are just not built for daily uses.

pasmon

Post by pasmon » Fri, 2. Feb 18, 12:58

I am currently flying Ariadne with fighters transferred from my panther. I purchased it for mining nividium regarding HQ plot as it can carry a TS to UFJD sectors.

Well this Ariadne using its TS cargo and 24 m3 fighters can seriously cripple a capital ship fleet with tornado missiles in theory.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”