EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

Completely frustrated and irritated (X3AP rant)
View previous topic :: View next topic
RAVEN.myst

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sun, 31. Dec 17, 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Yay! Happy to hear you finally came right Smile
Watch, now that you don't need one anymore, they'll be "blueing" all over the place Oops ****ing Murphy, eh?

Happy hunting! Smile And Nappy Yew Hear, while I'm here...

EDIT: PS: We were all pretty much on the same page here, so I can't take the credit. But thanks anyway. Wink

Incidentally, you mention the fear that your mouse and keyboard live in... I once lost a Logitech G15 in this manner... Sad It wasn't in an EgoSoft game, at least, and an insanely acute/intense gout attack was largely to blame (after over a week of literally no sleep, sanity had long since left the building...)

Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff
BrigandPhantos77

PostPosted: Mon, 1. Jan 18, 03:07    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

You should see one of my old PS3 controllers. I kept the shell as a reminder, and of course how expensive they are. lol....

I went strolling north of Getsu Fune, I left an M floating in there since the trek to the gate was too far. Maybe someday I'll go retrieve it.

I learned a couple good things during this process. Once you say a P will dodge right, it will coincidentally dodge left to spite you.

Also, it only takes 30 Specters to kill a Q outright.

It's a liberating feeling knowing that I can just kill the Xenon outright now. Can't wait till I begin boarding attempts against P's, PX's and Q's. I remember back when the PHQ was held by an Orca and you had to board it to get it. I hated that mission. Glad it's soo much simpler now.

Spoiler
Just buy the TL.
Spoiler

Still, I want the pirate caps just because of the names. I've managed to keep my rep up with the Terrans despite having to kill so many of them. So acquiring there's is a matter of credits. I wish one of the Devs would recode the CW PHQ to match the Terran PHQ in cargo size. That way

Spoiler
I could build my own caps.
Spoiler

RAVEN.myst

PostPosted: Mon, 1. Jan 18, 09:08    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

You can build almost all of the capital ships in a CW HQ - there's only the Valhalla and perhaps one or two others that are out of reach (I forget exactly.) Since you're apparently intending to... "repurpose" some Xenon capitals, here's a couple of things:
Spoiler

The first you may already know: they are FIENDISHLY difficult to board, you'll require marines with 100% skills, and may need to send in a reinforcement wave.
On the upside, Js and Ks (but not Qs - unless that's changed in X3AP to bring them in line with the others) are extremely cheap (and therefore also quick) to build in the HQ. I'm talking a J will take you around the time and resources of a heavy corvette to build, and the K more or less those of a frigate (I'm hazy on the specifics, but they are available on the old X3 Wiki, if you want.) The P and PX weren't anything special costs-wise in X3TC, but I don't remember boarding any X3AP, so I don't know. And for reference, the fighters ARE quite cheap for their classes, but also commensurately underpowered - the L is nothing special as an M3 fighter, but it's really fast to build at 40-odd minutes, so these make excellent drone fighters for a first carrier, until such time as they can be replaced by some stronger alternative. Or, of course, one can make Js and fill them with Ls, keeping it thematic. Smile
Spoiler

Good hunting Smile

-
The Write Stuff
BrigandPhantos77

PostPosted: Tue, 2. Jan 18, 01:34    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Thematic is likely going to be the case for me. Unfortunately that means I gotta make another bail, lol.... since the only one I got this play through was given to Beryl. Can also go Deca since they are based on terraformer ships. I can buy plenty Very Happy but that kinda defeats the RE purpose.

So maybe I go N of Getsu Fune and wreak havoc. Maybe even claim that lonely M I left behind.

By the way, Have NPC pilots ever claimed the random generated engine tunings on you?

I ran a script to locate them at the beginning of my game, and wrote the coordinates down. When I finally picked a ship to put them on they were gone in 3 of the systems they were in.

Kind of annoying thinking of some random Recon ship or pirate picking it up, then getting destroyed because lets face it, AI is really stupid on there own. lol

RAVEN.myst

PostPosted: Tue, 2. Jan 18, 07:08    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
By the way, Have NPC pilots ever claimed the random generated engine tunings on you?

Yes, eventually - the longer you leave it, the fewer you'll end up finding.

-
The Write Stuff