So far I have seen the problem manifest on Drakes and Mercury Prototypes. When told to dock at a station in another sector, if the autopilot uses the jump drive to get there then when the ship arrives at the other sector the exit velocity coming through the gate is about 240m/s, far in excess of the ship's rated maximum speed. This becomes a serious problem when the station to be docked at is within a few kilometers of the gate. Transports have very low acceleration (and deceleration) so it can't slow down quickly and the collision avoidance seems to have problems since the speed is greater than the ship's supposed maximum speed. I have lost several ships from this.
I would appreciate if someone can verify whether this happens on their install.
1 x TS equipped with jumpdrive, nav software and sufficient energy cells
Steps to reproduce:
- Enter the TS
- In the ship's command menu, set Autojump to yes, and minimum jump range to zero
- Execute the command Navigation -> Dock at, specify a station in different sector
- Make sure the specified station is closer to a gate than it is to a jump beacon or that the sector has no jump beacon in it.
- Allow the jump to occur on the autopilot
- Observe the speed of the ship coming out of the gate.