Question about Steam and mods/scripts

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Ed t'Klr
x3fl

Question about Steam and mods/scripts

Post by Ed t'Klr » Tue, 26. Dec 17, 01:06

Hi everyone!

I am planning to buy X3AP on steam and because:

1) I was banned in the past for using EAM on Modern Warfare 2 (though it was not a hack and I remember a steam admin officialy stating it was allowed).
2) I like to cheat a lot in single player games.

I want to know if there are any dangers (getting banned) in using mods and/or scripts in the steam version of X3AP.
Last edited by Ed t'Klr on Sun, 7. Jan 18, 01:15, edited 1 time in total.
***modified***

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 26. Dec 17, 13:21

There is no risk at all to your Steam account in using 3rd party mods or scripts with X3 games.

They are single-player and the associated Steam achievements (should they matter to you) are directly linked to unmodified play. You can therefore play and modify X3 games however you wish as long as you abide by the EULAs & copyrights and do not get involved in the passing on of hacked games.

If you look at the X3TC/X3AP Scripts and Modding Forum you will see what is available to you. Any further discussion of X3 mods and modding belongs in that forum.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Ed t'Klr
x3fl

Post by Ed t'Klr » Tue, 26. Dec 17, 14:15

Thank you!
***modified***

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”