Bugs Like You Wouldn't Believe it

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pjknibbs
x3tc

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 09:46

The best bit about patched Fallout 2 wasn't actually a bug, it was intentional, but ridiculous all the same. In one of the locations in the game (Vault City, maybe? I forget) there were children running around. If they bumped into you, they'd steal some of your stuff, and the only way to get it back was to kill them. Killing children wasn't seen as a great thing to be doing, so there were complaints in Europe about this. What did they do to fix it? They basically deleted the child graphic from the game files, so the children couldn't be seen or targeted--but they left all the other code in, so you see ghostly children's voices floating around the place, and occasionally lose stuff without realising why it's happening!

I must install the GOG edition of Fallout 2 at some point to see if they kept that in...

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 22:25

pjknibbs wrote:...I must install the GOG edition of Fallout 2 at some point to see if they kept that in...
IIRC, there's a fan-patch that puts them back in.

That game had soooo many little things going on in it. It was deceptively "deep." It definitely broke a lot of ground.

Return to “Off Topic English”