Economic Summary

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Economic Summary

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Mon, 18. Dec 17, 07:26

One of the hardest things in any X game was working out exactly where to build a station. This was mostly due to a lack of any kind of economic summary.

It would be nice if we could see the inputs and outputs for each zone, sector and cluster. The summary would only contain the "live" data we have access to.

We need to have some idea of what volume of raw materials are required with the current average, minimum and maximum price per unit.

Along with the volume of production and the current average, minimum and maximum price per unit.

We need to be able to see where there are shortages and therefore demand, plus any oversupply and cheaper products.
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

CorruptUser
x4

Post by CorruptUser » Mon, 18. Dec 17, 14:48

In XR we did get an economic summary. You'd look at either the total buying vs selling trade deals, or see if the total storage of the item in sector was increasing or decreasing. The AI never built stations though, so the universe never really changed too much...
I must defend my honor!

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Mon, 18. Dec 17, 14:55

They patched that in for XR. It is likely to be included in X4.

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Tue, 19. Dec 17, 04:31

Yes, you get a very detailed set of statistics, you can view your own stations and the NPCs and get a very detailed look at each station's performance.

But how do you get a summary over each zone, sector and cluster.

What I want is a quick way of seeing if there is a gap in the market without having to view every single stations statistics to find it.
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Tue, 19. Dec 17, 11:02

It has been a while, but there should be a little button with a diagram in an upper corner of the maps. I'm fairly sure that i could look up the statistics for the entire system

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 19. Dec 17, 11:17

Hector0x wrote:It has been a while, but there should be a little button with a diagram in an upper corner of the maps. I'm fairly sure that i could look up the statistics for the entire system
Indeed, see the User Interface improvements section of the X Rebirth 4.0 / Home of Light Guide for reference.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X4: Foundations”