Megalodon

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

PowerTrip
x3tc

Megalodon

Post by PowerTrip » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 15:16

Simple questions, is it worth it?.... is there better?

and another question...what can you dock a transport ship in (TS)?

Reason... im looking for a mobile base where i can go on missions with a variety of ships.....any thoughts...they are welcome.
Live for Love. Strive for Peace. Fight for Freedom. Search for Truth. Shout for Justice. Look for Respect. Ask for Help. Pray for Wisdom. Allow for Change. Suffer for Nought. Die for Honor.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 15:38

Check out the Terran Kyoto as an option. Personally, I find the Megalodon way too bulky, as well as having serious problems with turret coverage (but all the larger ships do to some extent, including the Kyoto) - but it's up to personal taste, I guess :)

About the Kyoto: it has 6 docking bays, which are all able to accommodate up to a medium-sized ship (corvette, freighter, passenger transport, bomber, maybe even a TM, but not sure about that last one.) I once played a "nomadic" character, the whole idea being that my Kyoto served as a "mobile station", pretty much, and I could keep a set of diverse ships docked, and use whichever I needed for missions, ad hoc activities, resupplying, whatever. In any case, keep in mind that this is very much a subject personal opinion thing - I happened to like it for this, others may or may not. :)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”