Forums, subforums, modder recognition

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Aven Valkyr
x3ap

Forums, subforums, modder recognition

Post by Aven Valkyr » Tue, 12. Dec 17, 20:19

Do you guys realise you have 2 modders (Litcube and Joubarbe) who have taken what you built, IE a SHELL, and turned it into a GAME, and in your arrogance haven't even bothered to recognise their work? The only reason I play X3 now is because of mayhem. X3 when it was first released was a boring, buggy, lackluster pile of garbage that I didn't even bother to finish. Same with Rebirth. The only thing that keeps me coming back is thinking "there's gotta be a mod for that". Sure, you can't build a sub-forum for every mod out there, but have you guys even played Mayhem? You could glean a LOT from what Joubarbe and Litcube have done.

I am very excited about X4, and the only reason, is because I'm hoping for a complete game that has endgame content that is dynamically driven (what I've always wanted from a space sim). But given your track record, it's going to be a buggy, incomplete, SHELL. A total mess. And you guys will be so proud of yourselves. You've given us a framework for which to build our own game. Not PLAY the game, but BUILD the game. For YOU. So give your modders and the community the respect it deserves. Don't forget the reason the lights come on when you flick the switch, it's because your die hard fans are buying your unstable, incomplete wrecks and turning them into something playable. It's because of us, not you, that your games are successful. So give your community the recognition they deserve, and for the modders who have spent hundreds if not thousands of hours building TOTAL OVERHAULS to make the game playable, give them a sub-forum, so the rest of your community can find information they are looking for without having to dig through hundreds posts within one single thread.

Sorry for being so hard on you but it's time for you to wake up and realise that every game you have ever released has been a community effort to build. Your studio lays the ground work but then that's as far as you take it. I don't believe you even play test your own games. You just push out the content and expect us to complete it for you. I honestly didn't finish X3 because you failed to provide any sort of endgame content. I started treating it as my spaceship model simulator. Like having little models of ships running around and they are nice to look at, nothing more. I got no enjoyment out of any of your games past getting my first M7. Do you understand that? Your release state of your games were NOT a success, and no amount of official patches made them any better. Take away the modding aspect of your games and what are you left with? Bankruptcy

Thurgret
xr

Post by Thurgret » Tue, 12. Dec 17, 20:51

Not sure I've posted on these forums before, but I've been lurking the X4 forum here. I've played lots of X3, both vanilla and modded varieties, and enjoyed it all. Actually quite enjoyed X-Rebirth too, though not so much at its initial release. Litcube and Joubarbe's stuff is cool. Where does Egosoft state that they don't recognise those guys' work though? That seems odd, especially since there's a dedicated modding forum.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 12. Dec 17, 21:08

Being an opinionated rant, and rude and insulting as well, this thread can just go away. Next time, try not to insult people just because your opinion differs from the vast majority of players. :roll:

And consider this to be an 'unofficial' warning about such behaviour.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X4: Foundations”