Something fill the time waiting for X4

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

Something fill the time waiting for X4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 2. Dec 17, 10:12

I found this little gem on the Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/681330/Helium_Rain/

Still Early access, but already great quality - this game is closest to X-games from all space games - you can own stations, freighters warships.

Plus if you love The Expanse TV series you will love this game art style and mechanics design.

P.S If you have problems with docking (like me) you should first research auto-docking.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Sat, 2. Dec 17, 15:58

Pfft, auto docking is for wimps...

I might try this, thanks

Don't know about the docking really, but I learned docking in Elite, since then there is no such thing as a game with hard docking....
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sat, 2. Dec 17, 16:08

mrbadger wrote:Don't know about the docking really, but I learned docking in Elite, since then there is no such thing as a game with hard docking....
+1
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sat, 2. Dec 17, 20:41

The visualizations in that game are very similar to an X3 sort of game. Also, note the dev name: "Deimos Interactive."

Darn Paranid zealots...

Btw, what's that 2D game made by the X3 fan and forum member that was done awhile back? I've been searching my skull for that and keep coming up empty. (That's not surprising.)

I might give that game a go if it's as complex, with as many fiddly-bits, as X3TC. (Not sure about this one in the OP, though.)

Alee Enn
x4

Post by Alee Enn » Sat, 2. Dec 17, 21:26

Morkonan wrote:The visualizations in that game are very similar to an X3 sort of game. Also, note the dev name: "Deimos Interactive."

Darn Paranid zealots...

Btw, what's that 2D game made by the X3 fan and forum member that was done awhile back? I've been searching my skull for that and keep coming up empty. (That's not surprising.)

I might give that game a go if it's as complex, with as many fiddly-bits, as X3TC. (Not sure about this one in the OP, though.)
Starbound? (I have no idea, but it's the only 2D space game I know off-hand)

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sat, 2. Dec 17, 21:29

Alien Tech Inc. wrote: Starbound? (I have no idea, but it's the only 2D space game I know off-hand)
No. There was a thread here about it, started by the creator, and several other mentions on the forums and elsewhere. It's a top-down, 2D, "X3" kind of game, with many of the gameplay features of X3. (Logistics, stations, etc..) It's not a widely well-known game, but it had good reviews the last time I looked.

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Sun, 3. Dec 17, 01:39

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sun, 3. Dec 17, 07:46

Thanks!

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 00:55

oh nice to see that people still remember my game :)

Cheers!
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 10:40

mrbadger wrote:Pfft, auto docking is for wimps...

I might try this, thanks

Don't know about the docking really, but I learned docking in Elite, since then there is no such thing as a game with hard docking....
Wait for DCS F/A-18C where you'll get the chance to land on an aircraft carrier in full simulation, instrument landing the works :o

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 11:11

BigBANGtheory wrote:
mrbadger wrote:Pfft, auto docking is for wimps...

I might try this, thanks

Wait for DCS F/A-18C where you'll get the chance to land on an aircraft carrier in full simulation, instrument landing the works :o
Nice. Expect lots of splashes and swearing....

Still waiting for my nice game centred office to get de-cluttered to the point where it's worth my buying the Warthog Hotas Joystick for DCS so I can really get into the flight stuff. my current joystick is a bit pants.

I am told by the boss (mrsBadger) that after christmas there will be time to do the reshuffle upstairs that will clear the space I need for my bookshelves and let me see floorspace again.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Return to “Off Topic English”