Health care karma?

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 29. Nov 17, 17:00

felter wrote: You say ONLY £500, that's because you can afford £500, what if I was to say I don't have £500, I cannot afford £500, is it still cheep to me.
Then I would question your ability to be running a car in the first place? The insurance is a long way from being the most expensive thing about running one--repairs and fuel both cost more, unless you barely drive at all, in which case, why bother owning a car?

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Wed, 29. Nov 17, 20:06

Just a new set of tires on our car cost us about that much this year.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Skism
x3tc

Post by Skism » Wed, 29. Nov 17, 20:33

Yeah the US health system sucks

And yes Id say this is Karma.
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest."

-Thomas Paine-

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 29. Nov 17, 23:16

Morkonan wrote:
Mightysword wrote:I said this the last time this topic came up: the reason car insurance is so affordable not because it's universal/private (it's also private here in the US), not because of special government regulation. It's affordable because everyone participated....
I have to disagree, there. Car Insurance has a "ceiling." Every single car out there has a fixed value past which it is deemed "unfixable" and the owner, at best, is awarded a fair-market value. In other words, car insurance is weighted according to the cost of vehicle and there is a known value.....
Value of the vehicle is only part of the equation. The major costs have to do with liability and the driving record of the owner, as well as who they let drive it. Replacing the insured vehicle can be a relatively minor cost when weighed against what and who that vehicle may hit. So no, car insurance does not have a "ceiling" as such.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Thu, 30. Nov 17, 12:55

Nanook wrote:Value of the vehicle is only part of the equation. The major costs have to do with liability and the driving record of the owner, as well as who they let drive it. Replacing the insured vehicle can be a relatively minor cost when weighed against what and who that vehicle may hit. So no, car insurance does not have a "ceiling" as such.
I've never seen an auto insurance policy that does not have a liability limit. (Or, any other personal liability policy, for that matter.) Past this covered amount, the insured is liable for paying any additional liability. (ie: A Personal Liability "rider" in the auto policy that covers up to xxx monies in personal liability/damage expenses.)

Return to “Off Topic English”