Xenon I on the cheap

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Reven
x4

Xenon I on the cheap

Post by Reven » Fri, 24. Nov 17, 15:18

I just finished reverse engineering the Xenon I, and wow! No one had production costs for it, so I was in the dark. I expected something at least in line with the Kyoto or Megalodon. The relatively short period of time it took to reverse engineer suggested it was going to be cheap to build, but I was shocked to see it actually cost just less than a Galleon. Fully one third the cost of a Valhalla. I thought this was a mistake, but the K is the same way - itself cheaper than most M7s.

I guess leave it to a machine race to make ships that are easy to manufacture. And no wonder the Xenon keep coming, they can build three major warships for the same resources it takes everyone else to make one. I think I've found my standard sector guardians now.

EDIT: Here are the exact numbers for anyone who is interested

Code: Select all

Energy Cells        77053
Ore 	              3209
Teladiunium 	      2406
Silicon Wafers       2406
Rastar Oil 	       1604
Microchips 	       1604
Cloth Rimes 	       802
Crystals 	          802
Quantum Tubes 	     802
Computer Components   802
Credits 	    22,730,784
Last edited by Reven on Fri, 24. Nov 17, 16:58, edited 1 time in total.
You were warned... pirates will be hunted down like vermin.

Ex Turbo Modestum

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 24. Nov 17, 15:47

Js and Ks are phenomenal in that regard, being cheaper/quicker to build than frigates, so it's not a *complete* surprise that the I is also cost/time-effective, but it's good to get a confirmation - thanks! :)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 30. Nov 17, 00:56

you play this game for years and someone still finds out something you did not know before !!!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 30. Nov 17, 01:10

Inspired by this thread I finally went to "purchase" an I. It was costly, very costly. Many good marines KIA. (But the Xenon we generous enough to add a K into the deal. Bit late for Cyber Monday ...)

Two new ships for the engineers. Too bad there is almost three ingame days of other stuff on their desk at the moment. :cry:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Thu, 30. Nov 17, 12:21

@jlehtone:
If you really want to go into serious ship building, then play a mod that offers player-owned Shipyards. You will enjoy it :)

My experience: XTC . In a sector that has a lot of ressources (=asteroids) I have a complex to produce everything used in Shipyards. In my actual game, this complex provides the ressources for four Teladi-Shipyards, with four production lines each.

Actually, I have several I, K and Kha'ak Dreadnoughts in production. I also use those shipyards for repairs of bailed M2 - much cheaper than 'auto-repair' by drones (optional in the ship's main menu).

Reven
x4

Post by Reven » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 21:56

I have standardized on the I now as my standard sector defense ship. I find it quite an attractive ship too - if you turn the saturation up in the PHQ, you can get a paint job on it that where has a nice subtle blue or purple hue that makes it look somewhat mysterious.

I also have a newfound appreciation for the Q. Cheap to build, and a fantastic OOS augment to an I. A trio of Q's on a "protect" mission will triple the firepower of the I while the I can take a beating. This setup routinely turns the full battle groups the pirates and Xenon send into new material for planetary rings.
You were warned... pirates will be hunted down like vermin.

Ex Turbo Modestum

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”