[X3TC] Gaining Yaki rep

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

amoe
x4

[X3TC] Gaining Yaki rep

Post by amoe » Thu, 9. Nov 17, 22:47

Hi all,

In my game I want to get better rep with the Yaki. I already have OK-ish rep. In Ocracoke's Storm and Senator's Badlands they don't attack me and I can fly around without any problem. I can't dock at the shipyard in Senator's Badlands yet.

Now, I know one method for gaining rep that I already used to get to this point: take Return Ship missions, abort them in Yaki sectors and kill the spawned police. This worked enough to get me to this point.

However it doesn't seem to be getting me to the point where I can dock, and Yaki in Weaver's Tempest still attack me on sight. I can't apologize to them via comm like I have been able to do with some Yaki that were once red. [I want them to be friendly because I want to do the Treasure Hunt mission and the contact has spawned in Weaver's Tempest.] It can take me a long time to find a suitable Return Ship mission, especially now that I have a higher rank and a lot of ships are not fighter-class. If it's not fighter class then I can't transport it in my M7 so I end up having to fit it with a jumpdrive and energy cells, which often means that I can't make the jump before the mission times out.

No Yaki offer me missions, so that's out. There's no Pirate Base in any of the Yaki sectors.

Is there any other way to get Yaki rep except for this?

Cheers,
Dave
Last edited by amoe on Thu, 9. Nov 17, 22:53, edited 1 time in total.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Thu, 9. Nov 17, 22:52

TC or AP?

Are there any stations in Yaki space where you CAN dock? Fast ship running Weaver's Tempest may present some opportunities for this even if there are hostiles chasing you about.

If the answer to that is yes then it opens the opportunity to gain rep by trade. Yaki stations are almost always short on resources.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

amoe
x4

Post by amoe » Fri, 10. Nov 17, 00:02

Just zoomed around a bit in the Kestrel and get "docking denied" at every station in Weaver's. I'm pretty sure that the Return Ship method did work before, but it's just frustrating since I can't see how far I have to go before I can dock. Don't want to mod my game just to be able to see the count.

Well, having said that I figure that I can probably still do the Treasure Hunt just by comming the relevant station from the Kestrel...

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Fri, 10. Nov 17, 00:16

Well, you can always mod, check, then go back to the save before you modded. Can't track progress in 'real time,' but intermittent progress checks might be useful.

Even with your current low status there should be Yakis running around offering "destroy this convoy" missions. If they are on a station you won't be able to tell Yakis from regular pirates, but if you search long and hard you may find a Yaki ship with a combat mission symbol.

Alternatives, depending on circumstances:

Paranids do sometimes mount patrols into Yaki space. Killing them will impress the Yaki, and is always entertaining.

If you have the HUB you can always connect Yaki space to another region of Paranid space, which will create a flow of trade that you can attack.

If you have the where with all you could build some stations. A station where Yaki can trade will make them happy. A station offering extremely attractive pricing that lures ships into Yaki space where you can mulch them works faster.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 10. Nov 17, 02:06

If you can't dock at the shipyard, then your reputation with them isn't "OK-ish", it's actually pretty dismal - Senator's Badlands (where the shipyard is located) is Yaki border space which is quite permissive in terms of docking, while Weaver's Tempest is core security space, with higher restrictions.

As Tim pointed out, you could set up a station that makes something the Yaki want, nearby - given the stations they have in WT, you could try a wheat farm (which would supply their distilleries) or a distillery (to supply their IBL factories.) However, I don't know just how actively Yaki trade (given the state of undersupply of their factories, I'm not overly optimistic.) If you are shoot-on-sight in WT, obviously it's best to place the factory in SB, perhaps near the gate to WT.

Another approach is to seek out missions offered by Yaki ships, which can be found pretty much anywhere in the universe. As far as I recall, these are always combat missions, so you're likely to have to take a hit to your reputation with some other faction (so choose wisely!) - however, one or two such missions should be enough to dramatically improve your Yaki rep. These missions are quite infrequent, so you will need to be observant (paying attention to ships offering missions wherever you go) and patient (unless you get lucky and find such a mission right away :D It IS possible...) [EDIT: I see Tim also mentioned these missions already.]
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 10. Nov 17, 08:08

X3AP, but should be "close enough": https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=393245

tldr; version:
  • Hire a TL to fly to Yaki sector. Shoot the TL.
  • Lure (pirate) Booze&Weed buyers into Yaki sector with a Bliss Distillery. Shoot the ships.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 10. Nov 17, 13:11

Options include, flying around the Commonwealth looking for Yaki ships, hunting the Paranid that like to head into Savage Spur, though in my experience the Yaki will do a pretty good job of killing them. I've even seen them get pretty close to killing the Deimos that heads in with the patrols most of the time.

You can't land on their stations, but you might be able to do missions for them if you com the stations.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

krampe667
x4

Post by krampe667 » Fri, 10. Nov 17, 15:30

Oh, why all the hassle? Yaki Rep = Pirate Rep.

When you're allowed in Yaki Border Sectors you can do missions.
Just check all Pirate Setors for missions at Pirate Bases.

Otherwise kill anything in Pirate Sectors (except Pirates ofc)

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 10. Nov 17, 16:17

Nope, Yaki and Pirate Rep are checked separately. You can be in tight with the Pirates, and completely Kill on Sight with the Yaki.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Fri, 10. Nov 17, 16:34

Triaxx2 wrote:Nope, Yaki and Pirate Rep are checked separately. You can be in tight with the Pirates, and completely Kill on Sight with the Yaki.
Correct. Verifiable by installing, temporarily, any one of the numerous "show your rep with everyone" mods.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Fri, 10. Nov 17, 19:35

For Treasure Hunt, the Yaki npc should be friendly even if the rest of the Yaki are not. If building rep is too bothersome, you can use a fast ship that can outrun or outgun patrols.

amoe
x4

Post by amoe » Fri, 10. Nov 17, 21:35

Actually I already have a space fuel complex in Senator's Badlands, but it doesn't help much. It does make some money, but the Yaki are mostly able to kill people who enter the sector before I can reach them. As far as I can tell the Yaki themselves don't trade with it at all, only couriers from other races.

amoe
x4

Post by amoe » Fri, 10. Nov 17, 21:37

Do you actually get rep from killing Paranid in Savage Spur? I could do that pretty easily, but I thought you only got rep fom killing them in actual Yaki sectors. They never enter Ocracoke's or Senator's, or at least I've never seen them there.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 10. Nov 17, 22:18

This thread may help too.

Also since you have a space fuel complex in Yaki space already, killing the small Commonwealth couriers that come to buy the booze just inside Yaki space as they enter (ie before the Yaki get them) will give you a modest rate of Yaki rep increase. The race rep loss for those couriers with the Commonwealth races is small, is spread across the various races, and is easily made up again.

Once you can dock and trade your booze etc at Yaki stations you can leave the small couriers alone and those few that survive the Yaki patrols will make your complex at least some cash.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Fri, 10. Nov 17, 22:53

Once you can dock I'd set up a distributor to sell the booze and just close the facility to NPC traders, except when I want to lure a few to the kill.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 10. Nov 17, 23:21

amoe wrote:Do you actually get rep from killing Paranid in Savage Spur?
Unlikely, since it isn't marked as Yaki sector.

However, it should be trivial to hire a Paranid TL "for moving something", tell it to fly to Ocracoke, reveal that its services are no longer required, and then amuse the Yaki with some fireworks.

The Paranid do fly to Ocracoke, if you pay them to do so.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Fri, 10. Nov 17, 23:29

I would recommend crashing the TL with a M2 instead of shooting it.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 10. Nov 17, 23:59

But will you gain same amount of reputation? Ramming smaller ships (in X3AP) did gain nothing, but shooting them did improve reputation.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sat, 11. Nov 17, 01:05

As others have mentioned, there are Yaki combat missions (usually vs Paranid, so choose Argon sectors preferentially) available from random Yaki ships scattered around the sectors. Doing enough of these should raise Yaki rep high enough that you can accept Build missions from their SY; once you're there you're golden, as Build missions provide the highest rep boost per mission with no loss to you

Hiring Paranid TLs & luring them into Yaki space, then destroying them STM to be a cheesy way to gain rep, but your choice..

If you encounter a Paranid fleet heading into Yaki space by all means destroy all you can

Once you have the Yaki docking rights, bung an EQD or similar capship-capable dock near the gate; this can be used as a holding area for 'rescuing' abandoned capoships you may wish to press into service later

See Wiki notes in my sig
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

amoe
x4

Post by amoe » Sat, 11. Nov 17, 01:32

The problem with the mission approach is that I never seem to get offered missions from the Yaki. I never get any when I'm hanging out in their sectors, and I only see them very rarely outside of their sectors, so I don't have much chance to gain rep through doing missions.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”