EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

X3TC A Question About Fighter Drones
View previous topic :: View next topic
cobra mk2

MEDAL

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sat, 29. May 10, 00:35    Post subject: X3TC A Question About Fighter Drones Reply with quote Print

Hi, I was thinking about carrying fighter drones with me in future to releive the pressure when i'm under attack.

I want to know if you can still pick them up after they have been ejected and used .
And if you can use them again does their power level go back up to max after you have picked them back up.

I was thinking about building a factory (does an advanced fighter drone factory exist?) to produce them for me, as i think if used en masse they can be useful.

If you use 'Steam' or 'XBOX Live' feel free to add me as a friend! Username/Gamertag : Kitanode
My Steam profile : http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198000153054/
Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)

PostPosted: Sat, 29. May 10, 00:38    Post subject: Re: X3TC A Question About Fighter Drones Reply with quote Print

cobra mk2 wrote:
I want to know if you can still pick them up after they have been ejected and used .

Yes.

Quote:
And if you can use them again does their power level go back up to max after you have picked them back up....

And yes.

Smile

Threesixtyci

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Sat, 29. May 10, 00:42    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

you can pick them back up but you must tell them to stop first. I don't know if there is an easier way, but I use the property menu and give them the stop command there.... one by one. (It's probably best, if you have it set to sort by ship class, they'll be on the bottom of the list in that case....)

They go to full power once you run over them.... but they will explode once their power runs out, so you are against the clock once you deploy them.

And, yeah there is a factory that makes the MKII's, but there is only one place that will buy them... A boron HQ in a sector that begins with Queen's...
They also don't sell on their own that I've noticed. You can't use the Equipment Dock exploit, either.... they just aren't listed.

cobra mk2

MEDAL

PostPosted: Sat, 29. May 10, 01:32    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Cheers for the quick replys.

Quote:
And, yeah there is a factory that makes the MKII's, but there is only one place that will buy them... A boron HQ in a sector that begins with Queen's...
They also don't sell on their own that I've noticed. You can't use the Equipment Dock exploit, either.... they just aren't listed.

Thats ok as i wasn't planning on selling them, just use them for myself. I can imagine filling a transporter with them and then jumping it in somewhere and unleashing thousands of the little buggers.

btw... How do you rate the keris drone against the MK II drone?
Which is better?

If you use 'Steam' or 'XBOX Live' feel free to add me as a friend! Username/Gamertag : Kitanode
My Steam profile : http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198000153054/
Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)

PostPosted: Sat, 29. May 10, 02:10    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Keris are the best. Think PAC's vs EMPC's. Smile

Reimu Hakurei

PostPosted: Sat, 29. May 10, 02:33    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

PAC is superior to EMPC in my books (faster shot, bigger bullet, faster fire rate), plus the MkII has two of them, no competition. I won't deny if in practice the Keris is actually better though, as I've never used it, but the odds certainly appear to be weighed against it. Perhaps someone could englighten me to what it offers...

cheetahhawk

MEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Mon, 16. Oct 17, 16:06    Post subject: pac vs empc Reply with quote Print

Reimu Hakurei wrote:
PAC is superior to EMPC in my books (faster shot, bigger bullet, faster fire rate), plus the MkII has two of them, no competition. I won't deny if in practice the Keris is actually better though, as I've never used it, but the odds certainly appear to be weighed against it. Perhaps someone could englighten me to what it offers...

Depends on the target ship speed, at lest with empc, its hard for me to hit the fast ships if im using the saber with empc's, ire's seem to work better for those but not as much damage. as for fighters im going to get the Keris and try them out, pac's might hit fatster targets easier.

although were talking about faster more agile fighter drones that can get up close so they can deliver the payload at a closer range, empc's have a higher damage ratio over the ire and pac

im seeing Keris is hard to come by in the game, but you can make advanced fightger drones (MK2 fighter dones) if you build your own factory. i just wish i can make them dock at my Cerberus or Elephant instead of having to chase them down.

Had a fleet of 40 fighter drones taking down a xenon invasion force, most survived till after the battle i only managed to scoop up 7 before they self destructed.
on the positive side they only cost as much as some of the higher end missiles and wreak a lot more damage per cost.

I prefer the Keris myself if i can mass produce them they make a killer swarm.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RAVEN.myst

PostPosted: Mon, 16. Oct 17, 16:59    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

@cobra mk2 (btw, I take it that name is an Elite reference? Smile )
If you fly in a ship with docking bays, and at least one of those is available (ie. empty), then if you order your drones to follow you they will eventually dock, so long as there are no valid (ie. hostile) targets nearby. However, collision detection tends to sabotage the docking procedure, with the drones often getting close and then, before they can dock, getting scared of colliding and veering off as a result.

In X3TC, in the early game the most viable ships to use as drone-boats are TMs. Later in the game, anything with docking bays will also do (Hyperion Vanguard, TLs, most M7s, all M1s, Aran...)

As for drone effectiveness, it all depends on what you're trying to achieve. The Mk.Is are fast and pack the high-speed though weak IRE, thus they are best against M5s and M4s, though in numbers they are ok against almost anything. Mk.IIs have the heaviest firepower, but are also much more expensive (also take longer to build, therefore) and also are the slowest and least nimble, though their guns still hit reliably even against small targets; in sufficient numbers these will take out anything. Keris are an in-between choice - they fall between the other two in terms of speed and cost, but their guns are the least accurate - good against heavy targets, not the best vs light targets; also, their guns are more effective against hulls than are IREs and PACs (good for sheer killing, less good if you want to control enemies' shields while boarding.)

Happy hunting! Smile

Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff
RainerPrem

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Mon, 16. Oct 17, 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

RAVEN.myst wrote:
@cobra mk2 (btw, I take it that name is an Elite reference? Smile )

Hi,

perhaps you didn't notice, but your predecessor just dug up a 7-years-dead thread...

cu
Rainer

Timsup2nothin

PostPosted: Mon, 16. Oct 17, 18:43    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Zombie drones are the best drones of all!

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!
Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Mon, 16. Oct 17, 18:55    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

RIP necro'd thread.