Split from 'Own Shipyard' thread.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 4. Oct 17, 17:58

Sorry Skeeter, but when I read this topic title and the read OP I could only thing one thing: "ARE YOU STUPID??!!"

First - this is a sandbox game, having owned Ship Yards help sandbox
Second - having shipyards is NOT EASY, you basically have to set up a whole producition or stable supply chain and you have to constantly observe and protect it. NPC shipyard just skip it - to me NPC shipyards are the EASY MODE.

The one of reason why I hate X-Rebirth is that there is no PHQ/SY there which was HUGE downgrade comparing to X3.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 4. Oct 17, 20:20

Why the hell having Shipyard is OP?
Why the hell it need to be "ballance"?

Having your own SY has it's pros and cons, just like using NPC SY has it's own pros and cons.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 5. Oct 17, 17:35

Guys I ask again - why do you think that player should be able to build his ships in HIS OWN shipyards if he manage to assemble all the required resources and WHY IT SHOULD BE ARTIFICIALLY AND ARBIRTRARY PENALIZED?

Look at the poll result and stop creating problems where there is none.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 5. Oct 17, 18:03

Calm down mr.WHO and stop shouting! This thread asks for players to post their personal opinions and not for the start of a crusade to convert the heathens. :D

Yes, I like the concept of player shipyards in principle and I wouldn't mind having to pay some credits on top of resource supply - I would expect those to pay for brought-in consultants and design/customising expertise that you wouldn't find in a typical production line workforce.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 5. Oct 17, 18:21

But no one answered the question why having you own shipyard is a bad thing or unballanced.
To me this whole topic is artificial as the "ballance" the OP want to impose.

Poll result clearly show that the OP idea is pointless.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 5. Oct 17, 19:32

@ mr.WHO: I don't see the OP 'wanting to impose' anything through starting an open discussion thread about the topic.

Several people who have voted or posted so far clearly do not consider the topic discussion to be artificial, pointless or insignificant. Let's see how it develops. :)

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 5. Oct 17, 20:15

Alan the discusion should go both ways.

Side1: Point, then explenation
Side2: Counterpoint, then explenation
Final: Conclusion

I presented my counterpoint and the explenation, but the people on the other side only provided the point with no explenation (for the 3rd time I'll ask - why having player owned Shipyard is OP or inballance?).

Even with no explenation there is clear conclusion - poll results (64:5:6 or even simplify 70:5).

Prooves quite clear that this discussion is pointless and artificial unless the other side is able to provide any explenation to the one question above.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 5. Oct 17, 20:49

Stop trying to force the discussion. As for the "other side's" explanation, I think the OP covered it concisely when he claimed it made the game too easy. What more do you want? :?
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 5. Oct 17, 21:17

And I counterpointed it with comparing "his easy" with having to build, control, maintain and protect basically the entire production chain for your SY.

Then how would you call "OP hard" way of basically order ship in NPC SY and deliver missing resources from time to time?

The whole point of having forum/topic is the discussion. It's not to spew nonsence what you "feel", but to provide point with arguments and defending it. If OP and people who backed his side would provide valid counter-argument then maybe the poll results would be diffrent.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 5. Oct 17, 21:40

Enough, you just didn't take the hints. You are the one shouting and bandying around terms such as stupid, nonsense, pointless and artificial about other posters' opinions and thoughts. People can indeed post their views here without being forced to justify them to others' full satisfaction.

Now post your views about the subject in that thread again if you wish but do so without the dramatics, entitlement and insults please.

(You have even caused me to remove my own player opinion input to the topic! :roll: )

Return to “X4: Foundations”