XL ship armament

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lc4Hunter
x4

Post by Lc4Hunter » Fri, 13. Oct 17, 12:37

mr.WHO wrote:
razor202 wrote:I think we have already seen the main guns of the Behemoth class destroyer in the trailer (about 00:35-00:37, the orange ones on 2 sides in the front of the ship).
Wow, you're rigth - Behemot has some kind of forward fixed orange turrets that still have some of degree or barrel rotation (much better that Sucellus fully fixed mount):
https://youtu.be/FuIeKMYaIAk?t=34s
For me these guns at the front of the arms looked more like turrets and, if i´ve seen it right, the right gun/turret moved at the last moment we could see the ships before the scene switched.

But i´m not sure if it really moved or if it just looked like.

All in all i like the idea of fix mounted weapons on the ships you can´t change. It would be great to have 2 or 3 options for those mainguns but ok, it is like it is.
At first thought i was against it but it makes sense when i remember some other SciFi franchises like my beloved Babylon 5. The Warlock class Destroyers were build around two extremely powerful particle beams. Those two weapons had an enormous size and the whole ship was designed and build to carry this weapons.

Return to “X4: Foundations”