The dangers of pre-order (part 3,428): Bait & Switch

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jericho
x2

The dangers of pre-order (part 3,428): Bait & Switch

Post by Jericho » Mon, 25. Sep 17, 10:42

Capcom vs Marvel, Collector's Edition...

... A game I have zero interest in, just not my cup of tea (much like cups of tea).

The Collector's edition came with 6 infinity stones (Which I only know about from Guardians of the Galaxy), in a presentation box.

This link (It's Kotaku, sorry), shows the advertised infinity stones, vs what was actually included in the Collector's Edition.

https://compete.kotaku.com/marvel-vs-ca ... 1818524714

See if you can spot the difference... It's subtle... :roll:

People are pissed.
Bait & Switch at its finest.
"I've got a bad feeling about this!" Harrison Ford, 5 times a year, trying to land his plane.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 25. Sep 17, 11:10

Heh, if I order a set of coloured crystals (paperweights or feng shui maybe) then will I get a set of coloured china quails' eggs and a free computer game instead? :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 26. Sep 17, 01:01

A clear case of false-advertising. The problem is how does one "force" a company to produce what was promised and show damages if they do not?

One doesn't. One simply returns the product and receives one's money back. And, that's not what fans wanted - They wanted what was advertised but there is no meaningful way to force the developer to provide that.

Jericho
x2

Post by Jericho » Tue, 26. Sep 17, 09:59

Apparently it's even worse than I thought:
Dude, you can’t even take them out of the box XD They’re just plastic half-eggs glued into the case with strobe lights inside.
"I've got a bad feeling about this!" Harrison Ford, 5 times a year, trying to land his plane.

Return to “Off Topic English”