EnglishGermanFrenchRussianPolishItalianSpanish

X3: how to ditch the police
View previous topic :: View next topic
Heemskerk

PostPosted: Mon, 18. Sep 17, 14:48    Post subject: X3: how to ditch the police Reply with quote Print

Hi,

Very noob question:

I was trying to do a ship retrieving mission, but failed to return in time. Now the police is on my back, attacking me and everything turns red.

How can I ditch them? I am innocent, just a humble merchant

ajime

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 18. Sep 17, 15:01    Post subject: Re: X3: how to ditch the police Reply with quote Print

Heemskerk wrote:
Hi,

Very noob question:

I was trying to do a ship retrieving mission, but failed to return in time. Now the police is on my back, attacking me and everything turns red.

did you sell off the ship retrieved?

Heemskerk

PostPosted: Mon, 18. Sep 17, 15:08    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Nop, I dumped it

AleksMain

PostPosted: Mon, 18. Sep 17, 15:47    Post subject: Re: X3: how to ditch the police Reply with quote Print

Heemskerk wrote:
Hi,

Very noob question:

Simple answer:
Reload game.

Don't do mission, if it is too difficult to you.

Buy some equipment (like jump drive, for example) to do same mission faster.

Advises:
Don't do such missions to retrieve trade ships, since these are very slow.
Small ships can be repaired before return (to fly faster).
You can use some Carrier (like TM, for example) to transport retrieving ship.

Heemskerk

PostPosted: Mon, 18. Sep 17, 15:55    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Ouch! Hard lesson since I did not save it before the mission

pjknibbs

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Mon, 18. Sep 17, 16:48    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Unfortunately, the easiest way to get them off your back is no longer possible because you've gone past the mission time expired. Basically, what you do is arrange to be in a sector adjacent to a Xenon sector (one that has more than one exit) when the police spawn, then use your jumpdrive to go to the opposite side of the Xenon sector. The police will get trashed by the Xenon while they're following you through that sector. You can potentially still do this, but you'll have to lead the police to the Xenon sector first, which will potentially take a while depending where you are in the universe.

Heemskerk

PostPosted: Mon, 18. Sep 17, 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Thanks, it was indeed easier to reload. Only missed 400.000 credits from trading

Bill Huntington

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Mon, 18. Sep 17, 18:31    Post subject: the Yaki option Reply with quote Print

Heemskerk, we live for those opportunities! First, you can sell it and make money, even after the police show up. Or like PJ says. Or you can prepare for it. Set up access to the Yaki and Senator's Badlands. Jump your prize there and get to the SY before the police show up. The Yaki destroy the police like anyone else and you have the ship for yourself.

I usually get my first M7M that way, even a Cobra. If it's not a Cobra, I use it to get one. It's big step up, made possible by the Retrieve or Return Ship mission. You need high trade rank before you get the best ships, up to M7 level.

I know I can get away with it so I stop at a Eq Dock and get full speed and all the software. Sometimes I'll stop at a SY and repair it to 100%, for the big ships I'll keep. Then it's faster in the Badlands. A Turbo Drive helps if you already have $.

Heemskerk

PostPosted: Mon, 18. Sep 17, 18:35    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Sounds like I have to learn a lot!

Timsup2nothin

PostPosted: Mon, 18. Sep 17, 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Numerous ways to deal with the police.

1) Kill them. They are totally on the lookout for the stolen ship. If you are in a different ship you can fight them one at a time.

2) Let them win. If they destroy the stolen ship they will all just go home. You said that you "dumped it"? If you mean you left it sitting at some station just give it an order so it tries to go somewhere and the cops will take care of it when it undocks.

3) Lead them to destruction. Put a jump drive on the stolen ship and jump to the next sector and dock until the cops arrive. Move sector by sector until it and the cops are adjacent to a Xenon sector. Jump the stolen ship across. The cops will try to fly across. If any of them make it, jump it back and forth until they don't. NOTE: for this one the stolen ship needs to be able to survive the interval between undocking and the jump.

4) Evade them and fence the goods. Similar to number three, but instead of jumping to the next sector jump to a sector with a shipyard. Dock there and sell the object of their affections and the cops will give up.

5) Ignore them. They really are interested in only the stolen ship. As long as they are in an out of the way sector they can fly around forever and not have any significant affect. I don't use this one because a CLS pilot routed to or through that sector will go idle due to "hostiles en route," but other than that they don't really do anything.

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!
RAVEN.myst

PostPosted: Mon, 18. Sep 17, 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Heemskerk wrote:
Sounds like I have to learn a lot!

One of the best things about this game, in my opinion Smile You won't run out of stuff to discover for a long time, rest assured.

Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff
Heemskerk

PostPosted: Mon, 18. Sep 17, 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Thanks for being so nice and helpfull here

Triaxx2

PostPosted: Tue, 19. Sep 17, 01:24    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

If you're friends with the Yaki, you can also park ships at their shipyard. The cops will turn up and the Yaki will wipe them out. They've got a destroyer on patrol so no matter what turns up, eventually they'll take it out.

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Bill Huntington

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Tue, 19. Sep 17, 01:58    Post subject: Rep loss Reply with quote Print

I didn't say it in my first post. An important consideration about the police is rep loss. If you kill them yourself you lose a lot of rep. If the Yaki, Xenon, or someone else kills them, you don't lose any rep. It can take a lot of missions to rebuild the rep. Sometimes a certain ship can be worth it. But why not plan ahead and avoid it altogether.

Timsup2nothin

PostPosted: Tue, 19. Sep 17, 04:49    Post subject: Re: Rep loss Reply with quote Print

Bill Huntington wrote:
I didn't say it in my first post. An important consideration about the police is rep loss. If you kill them yourself you lose a lot of rep. If the Yaki, Xenon, or someone else kills them, you don't lose any rep. It can take a lot of missions to rebuild the rep. Sometimes a certain ship can be worth it. But why not plan ahead and avoid it altogether.

Also noteworthy: the cops will be of the race of whoever gave you the mission. Putting the stolen ship out of their territory will substantially reduce rep loss. You can even get some compensation on rep by going to the right place, since (for example) the Boron will give you rep boost for blasting Split police in their sectors.

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!