Split from ' .. good at!' thread.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Sat, 16. Sep 17, 14:44

ZaphodBeeblebrox wrote:I went through each and every review over the last year for X:Rebirth.

Quite a number of negative reviews where by people claiming that X3 was better than Rebirth.

Now personally I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories.

But there does seem to be a concerted effort to stop people even trying the game.

This I do not understand. If you like games from Egosoft why would you deliberately try to sabotage the sales of one of their games?

It just seems to me that there are a whole lot of people that want X:Rebirth to fail. Just because its not another X3.
Well, you can only make a review if you bought the game. And I doubt people are buying multiple copies of Rebirth just to add a negative review.

So all those people giving a negative review and saying X3 is better might very well be genuine.

Besides, you can't stop people from tying it. There is a demo available.

Beermachine
x4

Post by Beermachine » Sat, 16. Sep 17, 15:08

ZaphodBeeblebrox wrote:@Gnorog

Yes, statistics again.

I went through each and every review over the last year for X:Rebirth.

Quite a number of negative reviews where by people claiming that X3 was better than Rebirth.

Now personally I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories.

But there does seem to be a concerted effort to stop people even trying the game.

This I do not understand. If you like games from Egosoft why would you deliberately try to sabotage the sales of one of their games?

It just seems to me that there are a whole lot of people that want X:Rebirth to fail. Just because its not another X3.

[edited] Should really try not to post after drinking several beers.
LOL, not sure if serious or baiting.

So now there's an organised conspiracy (among the media and users) to smear the name of Rebirth....

No. I apply the Occum's Razor principle to most things in life. If someone writes that they prefer X3 to Rebirth in a review, then, shock horror, it's probably true.

As to whether they should give it a not recommended, that's a more grey area. The vast majority of individual reviews are subjective, not objective, with it usually based on a comparison to a companies previous games or other games in the same genre. Is it fair, probably not, but it's human nature.

Countless sequels have had far more not recommended reviews than they probably deserve, despite being OK-good games in their own right, purely because the previous games in the series were of exceptional quality. Prominent ones that come to mind are Civ 6, Dragon Age 2, Mass effect 3, etc. It's just psychology 101, not some mass conspiracy, lol.

Edit - Will give the benefit of doubt, beer is a great logic inhibitor!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 16. Sep 17, 15:40

I asked nicely three posts up and was ignored. So ...
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Beermachine
x4

Post by Beermachine » Sat, 16. Sep 17, 15:53

Alan Phipps wrote:I have split and locked a batch of argumentative X3/XR review and statistics posts from this thread. Please remain on topic and discuss your opinions of the likely game content of X4.
Apologies for the deviation, did not notice your warning until it was too late.

<Noted, but I want to get that thread back on track so merged this here. AP>

Return to “X4: Foundations”