Pirates = Looters

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BGrey
x4

Post by BGrey » Sun, 17. Sep 17, 20:37

MegaJohnny wrote:
Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:XR pirates stop to collect the loot of their victims so I'd imagine that X4 will have improvements over the purely homicidal approach X3 too.
Have you observed this happening? I do remember the introduction of move.plunder, but sadly I still only ever see "Marauder" ships spawn 20km out from a station and feed themselves to the targon tracers. To know the plundering is happening as intended somewhere would make me very pleased.
I did see this happening in Albion/Ascendancy in the zone with the capital shipyard, can't recall the name. A Rahanas was collecting cargo containers from another dead capital. They also have a warehouse so I assume they bring loot there?

I was trying to repair my standings with the sovereign syndicate to check but doing several of their missions hasn't moved my standing from -26, is it not possible?

I was glad to see this behavior and the warehouse added as it gave them a bit more life beyond suicide into station guns, even if that seems to be their main purpose still. I hope x4 can give them a bit more meaning.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Mon, 18. Sep 17, 17:56

Pirates in rebirth definitely do steal wares, to some degree.

Had a Titurel in Home of Light attacking my miner Midir, before I arrived to help the midir was already dead. Upon my arrival I saw the pirate Titurel with a swarm of Cargolifter drones, picking up the dropped cargo.

Of course, I boarded the titurel and sold it to make up for the loss :P

Return to “X4: Foundations”