[4.21] Issue - Oculus ASW - frame(rate)drops if ASW on Auto

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Boeng01
x4

[4.21] Issue - Oculus ASW - frame(rate)drops if ASW on Auto

Post by Boeng01 » Wed, 13. Sep 17, 12:02

I started a thread on the german Forum, sadly with no response.

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=395838

I still recognize framerate- (and frame-) drops while playing on oculus and ASW set on Auto. Looking at the performance overlay the framerate just drops from time to time with lots of performance headroom left. Finally i was able to capture the screen with the Performance overlay to give you an idea of what i'm talking about:

As you can see, the framerate dropped to about 75 fps for a short time, which results in stuttering. Sometimes it even drops lower with about the same performance headroom left. Looking at CPU&GPU usage in afterburner, none of both is really used to it's max.

Normally i would expect the framerate to drop to exactly 45fps if performance isn't sufficient and ramp up to 90fps again. That's how ASW should work normally.

I'm using oculusmirror to capture this, sadly the game crashes after around 60 seconds while using oculusmirror so it's not too easy to get a better Picture.

I hoped the new update would help with this issue, but it's still there.

Setting ASW on 45fps fix, all is good (except it's running on 45fps with LOTS of headroom - which isn't really statisfying)

Is there anyone who can confirm this behaviour?

Edit: got a better Picture to Show what's Happening:

Intel Core I9 9900k @ 5GHz
32GB Corsair Dominator @ 3.6GHz CL15
ASUS WS Z390 pro
ASUS ROG Strix 2080ti

Samsung C49RG9 49" 32:9 - 5120x1440
Oculus Rift + Touch 3 Sensor Setup

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”