Crashed and Burned

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

DaMuncha
x4

Crashed and Burned

Post by DaMuncha » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 07:09

After X4 was announced I've decided to give X3 a shot again so I installed a couple of mods and away I go..

Problem is as soon as the game loads up, my ship blows up and its game over, I've tried different starts and same problem. Game loads to space, I blow up as soon as I get control of my ship. And for some reason the entire HUD has replaced my mouse pointer.

Mods Im running:
XRM
Mars
Immersive GUI&HUD
Backgrounds
Improved Races

Any ideas whats going on here?

lostProfitssssArrgh

Post by lostProfitssssArrgh » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 08:08

Which version of X3 are you playing?

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 08:20

The same version as everyone else. The version that comes with Steam.

lostProfitssssArrgh

Post by lostProfitssssArrgh » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 08:39

That can be either X3TC or X3AP.

But I think your problem might be this : you can't install the mod files into the Steam directory. First, get Steam to roll back the changes you made to the game folder, then to copy the entire game folder somewhere else and download the latest no-Steam executable(s) here :

Albion Prelude https://www.egosoft.com/download/x3ap/b ... wnload=591

Terran Conflict https://www.egosoft.com/download/x3tc/p ... wnload=592

Once that's done, you can mod the files in your copied game folder.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 09:40

I've ran TC for 100s of hours in previous play throughs (many years ago) with mods installed to the steam directory and the game ran fine. The problem I'm having this time is my ship is blowing up as soon as I start a new game and I dont know why.

I have both TC and AP installed but the mods are installed on the TC version. When I try to run AP with only the Mod Manger installed, AP either locks up on new game or Just shows me a glowing white screen behind the UI. And when I run TC my ship blows up on new game.

lostProfitssssArrgh

Post by lostProfitssssArrgh » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 09:56

Per XRM install instructions :

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... 15#3636815
paulwheeler wrote: I do not recommend using the Plugin Manager to install the XRM as it's extremely difficult to control the order the mods are installed in which can lead to problems.
paulwheeler wrote: STEAM INSTALLATIONS -

You will need to recopy all scripts from Part 2 whenever TC or AP update via Steam or if Steam verifies the game cache - BEFORE loading an XRM save. This is because it will pick up the XRM modified versions of scripts and replace them with vanilla versions. Also steam will put the 00044 file back into the mov folder so this will need removing again.

Best practise is to create a completely separate X3 installation for the XRM and keep your main steam install as vanilla. Simply copy and past the entire Terran Conflict directory (for both AP and TC) to a new location. Use the no-steam exe from the Egosoft downloads section. Be aware than if you have multiple copies of X3, they will all use the same save game folder.
Also:
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... 78#2576578
Cycrow wrote: Troubleshooting

If you have downloaded a script/mod and it seems not to work make sure you have followed the following 8 steps to happiness :-

Have you enabled the script editor by typing "Thereshallbewings" as your Pilot name? (Read The Activating The X3 Script Editor Stickie for more help)

Have you read the guides that are stickied on this forum

If the script is an AL Plugin have you saved your game after installing it and then reloaded to check if the AL Plugin settings are showing up?

Have you posted your problem in the thread which you got the script from ?

If you are not sure of which script is the cause of your problem, have you posted in the What provides/causes feature foo? thread?

Are you positive you have installed the files to the correct folders?

Have you ignored all these tips and posted a new thread regardless?

#7 is not advised

Where has my post gone?

If you post and it disappears it is more than likely that it has been merged into another thread because you failed to follow the above advice or something along those lines. If you go to your forum profile page and click the link that says "Show all posts by this user(you)" you will find your post quite easily.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 10:09

All my mods are installed as fake patches (except improved races 2.0 which has to be installed through the plugin manager)

I would post in the mod section of the mod I have problems with but I dont know what mod is causing my problems or why.

lostProfitssssArrgh

Post by lostProfitssssArrgh » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 10:27

Hmmm... Maybe these?

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... 17#3636817
paulwheeler wrote: XRM is NOT compatible with the following mods:

Any cockpit mod - please use the provided addon pack.

Any mod that alters the base universe.

And regarding MARS:
paulwheeler wrote: MARS: MARS is compatible - Do not use the full repackaged version - either use the manual install and do not install the MARS drones cat/dat - just the scripts. The drones are already merged into the XRM and installing them will break the XRM, or use Bullwinkle's repackaged version for mods that include TShips. You will also need the custom MARS data file above. Simply copy this into your "t" folder ("addon\t" for AP)
EDIT >>> MARS Data File

lostProfitssssArrgh

Re: Crashed and Burned

Post by lostProfitssssArrgh » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 10:36

DaMuncha wrote: Mods Im running:
Improved Races

Which version of IR did you download? There are 2 of them :

Improved Races

Improved Races 2.0

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 10:38

XRM has its own cockpit mod listed on the page which I have used.

Apart from all I know the immersive environments mod only changes graphics? (I have replaced it with the backgrounds mod on the XRM page and I am still having the same problem)

I am not using the Mars drones, only the scripts, And have installed them manually.

I am using Improved Races 2.0

lostProfitssssArrgh

Post by lostProfitssssArrgh » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 10:55

DaMuncha wrote: ...the immersive environments mod...
I'm not sure which one you're referring to, could you provide a link?

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 11:08

And... its fixed

I reinstalled the scripts from MARS from the full package manually and removed any references or left over files related to MARS repair drones.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”