[FIXED] Sidebar Main Menu enlarges then disappears

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nu8z

[FIXED] Sidebar Main Menu enlarges then disappears

Post by Nu8z » Mon, 11. Sep 17, 21:42

Started today the sidebar main menu enlarges 2 times then does not apprear again. Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks
Everyone!

garybrain
x4

Post by garybrain » Mon, 11. Sep 17, 22:02

No sure about your description but when using the right sidebar and going into say briefing, the headset freezes and after about 15 secs goes back to the main view.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Mon, 11. Sep 17, 22:02

Sorry ..Not having those issues... Using Oculus Rift ..385 nvidia drivers and 1.8 Rift beta drivers + Rebirth 4.21 ... for your information in case doing any comparison..... although that was about 4 - 5 hrs ago... not played since.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Mon, 11. Sep 17, 22:13

I don't know how relevant it is, but in the non-VR version I've often had (and still have to this date) several instances where the sidebar becomes unresponsive. It usually implies a bug during an NPC dialogue.

My fix for this is to alt-tab out of the game and back to reload graphics if I'm playing fullscreen.

If I'm not playing fullscreen, I switch the graphic option to fullscreen and back. (It also triggers a loading screen.)

I know it's not the same problem, but I hope it helps.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Mon, 11. Sep 17, 22:16

Another tip .. If I am having issues I just enter drone .. then esc back into skunk .. clears some problems..

Nu8z

Post by Nu8z » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 00:11

I'm using a Vive and nvidia 385. It seems the menu comes up close then it gets closer then doesnt come back at all.

I use a Xbox 1 controller for the game and use the menu button alot.

Also if I refresh the graphics like alt-tab it comes back up but then it goes back away. Its just a pain in the butt to have to refresh the graphics every time I need to use the menu.

grizzley78

Yep Me too

Post by grizzley78 » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 02:38

Yes I have Rift, you click the start, it appears, close, click start again, and it gets bigger, close it, and click again whoop very big, then poof no more.

Nu8z

Re: Yep Me too

Post by Nu8z » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 03:31

grizzley78 wrote:Yes I have Rift, you click the start, it appears, close, click start again, and it gets bigger, close it, and click again whoop very big, then poof no more.
That is what I get also. Did it start today?

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 09:45

Oculus .. No problems as described ..using HOTAS (x 52 pro) so maybe controller issue.... As of testing 08:40 am gmt with all updates.

Reprisal
x4

Post by Reprisal » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 10:15

Vive with an Xbox One Controller. The menu is huge, with big friendly buttons. I kind of like it, it's much better than the tiny menu I have with 2.0SS.

OP is right, menu begins large. Then after two (?) uses it stops working. While the menu is "on" but not showing, swapping weapons etc. doesn't work, in the menu save game will be greyed out however exiting the menu and pressing A will "clear" the savegame being greyed out. So I can save and load.

Bazza
x3tc

Post by Bazza » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 13:45

Same issue here and I am using Vive wands with gesture control only.
ZORK, IW2:EOC, GIANTS, NOLF 1, Runaway, Gothic I&II, Mafia, Arx Fatalis, Divine Divinity, Vietcong... I Loved Those Games

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by rboerdijk » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 14:13

Some questions:
- Is this reliably reproduceable ( if so, detailed steps, please ).
- Can we see some screenshots of how it looks?
- Is anyone playing with a nondefault supersampling (e.g. 1.5x higher resolution using the Oculus debugtool? )...

Thanks

Nu8z

Post by Nu8z » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 20:25

rboerdijk wrote:Some questions:
- Is this reliably reproduceable ( if so, detailed steps, please ).
- Can we see some screenshots of how it looks?
- Is anyone playing with a nondefault supersampling (e.g. 1.5x higher resolution using the Oculus debugtool? )...

Thanks
-Yes I can reproduce this everytime.

-I am using a Vive

-Using a XBOX 1 Controller hit the menu button once the menu appears (larger then before the patch). Close out the menu and hit the menu button again the menu is much larger. Close it out again and hit the menu button and no menu comes up. Screenshots below showing this.

Image Image

Also a video of this.

SIDE MENU ISSUE VIDEO

Boeng01
x4

Post by Boeng01 » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 21:34

I can confirm this behaviour on Oculus. I can open the sidemenu 3 times, everytime it grows larger. The fourth time it disappears.

Made three screenshots to show how it looks like.

https://image.ibb.co/hmGL6v/XRbug4.png

Switching to 2D and back to VR resets it.

I changed game setting 'Große HUD-Menus' (playing in german) to 'off' before.
Changing it back to 'on' gives me just two steps of the growing menu before it disappears. Could be something with the UI scaling?

Playing with 1.5 Supersampling in Oculus tray tool, but changing it to 1.0 doesn't change this behaviour.
Last edited by Boeng01 on Tue, 12. Sep 17, 21:43, edited 1 time in total.

CalaveraLoco

Post by CalaveraLoco » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 21:43

Another Oculus user here.
I can confirm.. it started today.
Unsurprisingly it has nothing to do with using a HOTAS.
(1.3 supersampling)

EDIT:
I set the super sampling to 0 and restarted the Oculus service. Started the game and the menu did not get closer. I quit, bumped up the supersampling back to 1.3 and restarted the Oculus service again. Now restarted the game and the menu still stays as far as intended.

CORRECTION:
Apparently I was wrong yesterday. I didn't reset the supersampling to 1.3 correctly. After a proper Oculus service restart it came back so it's clearly tied to the supersampling as others mentioned here.

In the meantime I use the 'legacy' version of the main menu.
Last edited by CalaveraLoco on Wed, 13. Sep 17, 21:26, edited 1 time in total.

Nu8z

Post by Nu8z » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 22:11

I also changed my super sampling from 2 to 0 and the menu stayed changed back to 2 and the menu disappeared.

I know this I can not play this game at 0.

Reprisal
x4

Post by Reprisal » Wed, 13. Sep 17, 10:20

Alright I tried the supersampling thing.

1.0 Supersampling (none)
18 times before it stops working. It gradually gets larger and larger and just stops opening

2.0 Supersampling
Stops working on the 3rd try with 2.0 supersampling. The menu gets significantly larger with each time it's opened.

Vive through SteamVR
Xbone One Controller
1080ti

Bazza
x3tc

Post by Bazza » Wed, 13. Sep 17, 15:11

Reprisal wrote:Alright I tried the supersampling thing.

1.0 Supersampling (none)
18 times before it stops working. It gradually gets larger and larger and just stops opening

2.0 Supersampling
Stops working on the 3rd try with 2.0 supersampling. The menu gets significantly larger with each time it's opened.

Vive through SteamVR
Xbone One Controller
1080ti
Yep, same here. SS in SteamVR seems to effect how big the jumps are before menu stops opening. The bigger the SS , the bigger the jumps. Value of 1.0 just takes longer but the menu eventually stops opening. Its as if the menu position gets closer and closer to you until it ends up beyond your front view and therefore no longer opens.

I'm using the Vive btw.
ZORK, IW2:EOC, GIANTS, NOLF 1, Runaway, Gothic I&II, Mafia, Arx Fatalis, Divine Divinity, Vietcong... I Loved Those Games

tuyijop
x4

Post by tuyijop » Sat, 16. Sep 17, 03:53

Same problem on my vive and 980TI and last drivers

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Sat, 16. Sep 17, 16:18

Thanks for the reports. Fix passed to QA. If all goes well, should be in the next update.

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”