Your favorite ship from X3 you want in X4?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 08:34

I had a lot of favourite ships in X2 and X3 and Rebirth.

I don't want to see the exact same ships ever again.

I want something that looks and flys differently from all of the previous ships.
They can have the same name but they have to look and fly differently.

I want to try and recapture some of the excitement of flying a new ship, that X2 and X3 Reunion used to generate, when I first got them.

After several 1000s of hours, flying these ships, I just want to say good bye to them.
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

PowerPC603
xr

Post by PowerPC603 » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 17:58

Springblossom as my personal ship and the Mistral Superfreighter as transport ships for your stations and also personal use (bring e-cells to me when I'm out or bring any other resources when a mission requires them but I can't transport them all at once on my Springblossom).

And the Boreas as my favorite destroyer when I need help with bigger targets.
GamePC: 64bit Quad-core i5-3450 @ 3.1GHz, 12GB RAM, nVidia GeForce RTX2070 8GB, 22" LG Full-HD LED-monitor, Windows 7 Home 64bit

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 18:10

Yes, last night I remembered my penchant for OTAS ships (when playing as Argon), and PowerPC603 just reminded me of being reminded of them. :P (Too bad that the Astraeus and the Auger both used standard Argon models, Cerby and Glad, respectively... But the other ships - I like their particular style)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 18:33

ZaphodBeeblebrox wrote:I had a lot of favourite ships in X2 and X3 and Rebirth.

I don't want to see the exact same ships ever again.

I want something that looks and flys differently from all of the previous ships.
They can have the same name but they have to look and fly differently.

I want to try and recapture some of the excitement of flying a new ship, that X2 and X3 Reunion used to generate, when I first got them.

After several 1000s of hours, flying these ships, I just want to say good bye to them.
I agree.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

sd_jasper
x4

Post by sd_jasper » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 19:20

I would expect the new ships (even if they share a name with ships from older games) to look and handle differently. So... I'm expecting to find NEW favorite ships.

Kitty
x3tc

Post by Kitty » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 21:33

Alan Phipps wrote:None particularly - I want to discover my new favourites within X4 and enjoy using them.

I would rather not see something that uses a name or appears familiar but plays totally differently to how I remember using it. There were enough ship type changes in X2->X3R->X3TC->X3AP(->XR) that taught me that lesson.
I 99% agree !
btw I have not one favourite ship in X2 and X3.
I have more or less a couple of favourite per class. And it depends on the game style I have. eg my 2 current games are one poisoned paranid going peacefully (0 kill up to now) running in a Kestrel, using a Sephyr as secondary ship and going for a split TL as third - or maybe a Boron Angel ; and a Ruined assassin still in her Mamba, wondering for next.

I love to be poundering the pros and cons of ships! If there is one best ship, it ennoys me.

AND I LOVE BORON SHIPS DESIGN.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 22:23

Kitty wrote:I have not one favourite ship in X2 and X3.
I have more or less a couple of favourite per class. And it depends on the game style I have.
Ditto. Having one favourite of anything, be it a movie, book, or in-game asset especially in a richly varied one such as the Xs, smacks of lack of imagination to me.
Kitty wrote: If there is one best ship, it ennoys me.

AND I LOVE BORON SHIPS DESIGN.
Same here (on both counts, heheh - though I preferred X2 Boron ship design.) To be interesting, games need to offer meaningful and even agonizing choices, requiring the player to make a rational, intelligent, considered decision after weighing the pros and cons of the various options. If there's a wildcard ship/item/weapon/whatever, all it accomplishes is to make all other options pointless to even exist, as well as denying the player the need to make decisions - and ultimately it cheapens the experience and shortens the enjoyment of the game (I know some players aren't like that, especially in MMORPGs - they tend to want to be "uber", racing to get to play with the biggest toys - but then what? What's left to aspire to at that point? Anyway, I digress - how unusual! :P )
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Redtor
x4

Re: Your favorite ship from X3 you want in X4?

Post by Redtor » Thu, 11. Oct 18, 15:20

After watching the videos, I've deduced that shipbuilding will be a lot like Fallout 4 weapon/armor modification. With exp/perk requirements replaced by creditsss, resourcesss, and (I think) blueprintsss.

If it's like that, I'll go for a Mercury.

Paint it white, apply a rusty cover, arm it like an M4+ and call it "The Centennial Magpie"

:lol:
I did appear in a book!... I think it was called "The Tribal" Final Chapter: at 6:8

ace_killer
x4

Post by ace_killer » Thu, 11. Oct 18, 19:13

I quite enjoyed the m7 light carrier class ships; the panther and the Cerberus were the 2 i had the most fun in. I hope some modern equivalents make an appearance or at the very least we can design them!
Phantom 410 Black/Orange
Asus x99 motherboard
i7-5930k 4.2Ghz
32Gb Ram
512GB Samsung Evo Pro SSD
Nvidia GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Thu, 11. Oct 18, 19:58

I do agree that it's awesome we're getting all-fresh designs, but I am a BIG fan of all the callbacks to old designs we're getting as well - check out XBTF's Disco and compare it to X4's Disco, for example. :D I'm REALLY hoping that's going to carry on to any possible Split DLC's, because I would pilot an updated version of X2's Mamba in an instant.

To the topic, if it were ever possible to do so, an X4ified Eurus fighter would be friggin excellent. Same with Rebirth's Cennelath.
Redtor wrote:
Thu, 11. Oct 18, 15:20
Paint it white, apply a rusty cover, arm it like an M4+ and call it "The Centennial Magpie"
I see what you did there
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

AC_Black
x4

Post by AC_Black » Thu, 11. Oct 18, 20:22

I am looking forward to everything that is " X " related :) I can agree to most replies in this thread, but to answer the OP's question...

Vidar :) Loved the looks, the amount of guns that we could mount and the way we could split the firing order. So I think that ALL x3 ships some x2 updated V's will be great... + some new just for the fun of exploring them.
Honor is the Only thing to Hold True.

Value comes from the Space you have and what you make of what Space you got.

H.I.E.R.
Honesty, Integrity, Equanimity and Respect.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Thu, 11. Oct 18, 23:33

I like unconventional ships. Galleon, Brigantine... but most of all, I'd kill for the ability to fly xenon capships again. The K, J, i and Q. Just imagine walking around the bridge and hangar of a legacy X3 "flying pieces of welded spiky metal" Xenon K, I'd come. Red tilted windows like in X2. Possibly human remains and skeletons of the long dead, in the dark corners. Xenon sensor drones casually roaming around.

I'm a huge sucker for everything xenon. More xenon stuff, more cold robotic creepyness, more flying spiky pieces of junk welded together.

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Thu, 11. Oct 18, 23:40

I would love the Argon cerberus (i think its in) and the taranis GOD do i love the pocket destroyer

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Fri, 12. Oct 18, 00:29

From X3, I'd like the Heavy Centaur to return.

From XR, I'd like the Foltor as my first choice. My second is the Sucellus, but it would probably be much easier to adapt for X4.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Huillam
x4

Post by Huillam » Fri, 12. Oct 18, 01:57

Visually I've always been a big fan of the splits for their capital design and of the ATF for their fighters. I doubt that I'll see any of them soon in X4.

Fulgrymm
x4

Post by Fulgrymm » Fri, 12. Oct 18, 03:50

The X3:R Hyperion. So OP. So awesome.

CorruptUser
x4

Post by CorruptUser » Sat, 13. Oct 18, 03:26

Fulgrymm wrote:
Fri, 12. Oct 18, 03:50
The X3:R Hyperion. So OP. So awesome.
I see your Hyperion and raise you one springblossom. Weaker weaponry and shields, but twice as fast and if you have the missiles, it was a beast.

However, if you got the Hyperion from the Poisoned Paranid start which could (with save scumming) get 230 m/s...
I must defend my honor!

x4

Post by 13913408324 » Sat, 13. Oct 18, 09:37

Griffin

EliteJal
x4

Post by EliteJal » Sat, 13. Oct 18, 09:45

M3 : Argon Nova (All X games including the newest X4)
M6 : Teladi Osprey (X2)
I already like the Teladi Falcon (X4).
I like fast with heavy weapons ships (fighter type). I am not a big fan of M1 and M2 they were too slow.
Keep up the good work.

Return to “X4: Foundations”