EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

Looking for script to collect wares
View previous topic :: View next topic
MrKincaid

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 4. Sep 17, 17:59    Post subject: Looking for script to collect wares Reply with quote Print

Hey,

I tried some scripts for improved collecting of wares (Improved Collect Wares by Binesi and Salvage commands & NPCs by ThisIsHarsh) but all of them have one thing that bugs me: They all stop collecting once the ship doesnt see any floating wares. The problem with this is that there might be more wares in the sector that are just out of the ships scanner range or (eg in omicron lyrae) there might appear more wares in some time. Is there a script that has improved collecting but still roams around the sector looking for other crates it can collect until I give the ship another order? Or even better: I just give the ship the command to fly to a specific sector and it automatically collects all the wares it finds during the flight and after collecting continues with its former command?

Joubarbe

PostPosted: Mon, 4. Sep 17, 19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

If only you had Litcube's Universe, I'd have the perfect script for you! Smile

That being said, are you sure that Salvage Commands does not have something like that? It's a big mod and I remember having ships collecting wares from everywhere.

MrKincaid

PostPosted: Mon, 4. Sep 17, 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Improved Collect Wares has no options and just replaces the normal collect wares. Once there are no more wares visible it stops and gives a message.

Salvager Commands and NPCs has two salvage commands: One for the sector and one for the universe. Didn't try the universe one because I just want to collect wares in a single sector and the sector salvager also stops once there are no more wares to collect (sometimes even when there are one or two left).

I also tried the Salvage Command Software now, I guess you mean this? It has many commands but I can't get it to work properly. The script should be installed properly, I have the SCS on my ship and I saw that "SCS activated, detected 230 sectors, 180 ship types and 19 races" message at the bottom. But I can't find any of the commands. For example there should be "MOVE TO CENTRE OF SECTOR..." under navigation, but it isn't. And "'Access the Salvage Command menu" und "Special..." is missing too. However "DETECT CRATES" under the additional commands is there and working.

But when I look at the manual it says under "COLLECT ALL CRATES OR WARES": "A report will be displayed when the ship has completed the command and returned to its original starting position." So I guess this one also stops when there is nothing seen.

Don't know why all these scripts handle it like this. Just because a ship can't see wares doesn't mean there are none. Maybe they are made to work with satellites? (This wouldn't work either in sectors like omicron. The ships there attack my property the minute I leave the sector so satellites would be destroyed all the time.)

Regarding "Litcubes Universe": I will have a look at this, didn't hear of it yet.

insolent1

PostPosted: Mon, 4. Sep 17, 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

XTC has the best space loot collecting script, it hoovers up everything within 5-6km of your ship or your scavers ship.

In normal play or XRM, I use this one and its good even for your npc scavers
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=217169

MrKincaid

PostPosted: Mon, 4. Sep 17, 21:10    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Perfect. This does exactly what I was looking for. Smile

It's just a bit disturbing that the containers explode when you collect them. Very Happy