EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

One question that might not have been asked - sub-displays/monitors
View previous topic :: View next topic
repatomonor

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Wed, 3. Jan 18, 12:35    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Rei Ayanami wrote:
Ricemanu wrote:
Regarding question #2: Bernd said no to that in the presentation.
#1 sounds cool but my personal experience would say that since it's not really in Rebirth, it probably won't be in X4.

Additional monitors wasn't part of X2 either and they implemented it in later X titles.

Uhm...

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/dual-display-gaming-bigs,759-6.html

WildDoktor

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Thu, 18. Jan 18, 00:34    Post subject: Multi-monitor display Reply with quote Print

I'm *very* new to the X Universe, but have been playing MS Flight Simulator since it's inception...we're talking *thousands* of hours.

I have four 27" monitors on my desk (3 across, one on top in the middle) specifically to fly Flight Simulator. (Running Windows 10)

MSFS has giving the choice for a long, long time to run full-screen or windowed. In full-screen, you get one screen, on one monitor. Period. In Windowed mode, I can "undock" any window or panel I choose and drag it to any physical monitor I want. Hence the 4 monitors! Overhead panel on the top physical monitor, gauges / throttle / GPS / etc on the right physical monitor, cockpit on the main (bottom middle) monitor, and email, chrome, etc. on the left monitor.

I miss that in X3TC/AP/LU. Running in borderless mode let's me alt+tab to use my cursor in other apps (like chrome, where I always have a universe map in its own tab, along with about 90 other X3 related tabs to figure out what the heck I'm supposed to be doing! Smile), but of course I can't drag any X3 panels / views to a different physical monitor, where I could keep info handy and "immerse" myself in my main cockpit monitor.

Just my 2 cent's worth, but X4 with multi-monitor display support would rock...and get my money! Smile