It worked.

I cant believe it!
Thank you so much!

you saved my ten year old savegame!
I love you!

michtoen

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Wed, 11. Jul 18, 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I included the X3 Customizer and its features in my modding package.

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=399184

Its just a package with installer, not a mod by itself.
The X3 Customizer is one of the key parts and really shines - i think its the first real use like that.

The bat installer allows also a pretty fast test and run, in fact i was able to run like 6 different instances and sets of the types only with that batches.

You are also free of course to use what you want, like rip off the bat files for your own test package - its really useful.

I used the customizer beside it fixes also to generate for xrm and lucikes stuff the "make for ships missing variants". I did that for capital ships, extending XRM even further and its alot fun.

I did not included the Customizer bins or python files but you can find in
LxRM\_Tools\_X3_Customizer (modding)\
the transform file i used.

SirNukes

PostPosted: Mon, 16. Jul 18, 01:50    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Awesome; it is wonderful to see my tool getting used like this, though a bit scary if something breaks.

In other news, I have updated it to 3.7 with a couple minor changes.

Disable_Combat_Music now supports LU. This ended up only needing to wildcard the offset of a member variable.

For the brave, the experimental _Benchmark_Gate_Traversal_Time has been renamed to Remove_Complex_Related_Sector_Switch_Delay. This should only be used by people plagued by really long sector loading times due to having built large complexes in their game. It cuts out the call to SA_CleanUpObjects, and I really don't know what side effects might crop up. This transform makes me feel like that quack doctor from the Simpsons, pulling out someone's organ because he doesn't know what it does and it was in the way.

SirNukes

PostPosted: Tue, 17. Jul 18, 06:36    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Updated to 3.8.

Non-script modified files will now be collected to an incrementally indexed cat/dat pair to reduce clutter. This behavior can be turned off using the no_catalog command line flag, or using "Settings.output_to_catalog = False" in the control script. If your game crashes after making this change, and was already open from before the change, a full game restart should clean up the problem. (It took me much longer than it should have to realize the source of my crashes during testing.)

The Add_Life_Support transform has been updated to now edit various mission director scripts which check for player ship life support. Those scripts have special checks for TP class ships, since the mission director does not support built-in ware checks; the locations I found will now include checks for the modified ship classes as well. Many of these changes are in plot scripts and are difficult to check, so there may still be issues (though things looked okay at a glance).

The Add_Ship_Variants transform will now update the Bounce mod wall file, if found, with the new variants. Note that this does not ensure the original wall file was up to date for the original TShips before variants were added.

Edit:
Updated to 3.9, adding Disable_Docking_Music.

michtoen

PostPosted: Tue, 17. Jul 18, 12:41    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

SirNukes wrote:
Awesome; it is wonderful to see my tool getting used like this, though a bit scary if something breaks.

I hoped you like it - in fact the X3C gave me one of the main reason to make LxXRM. Its to good not to offer it connected with a setup.

Btw, i had one idea which is perhaps something you find interesting too.

There is the problem with wrecks, ships and docks. Some scripts/mods can add alot, clustering the area.

The usual fix is to clean the wreck type files, but i think there is a better possible solution.

The npc bailing script comes with a timer for all its bailed ships, make them self destroying after some time. If that would be possible for wrecks, it would be the golden solution.

Is the wreck creation is hard coded or part of the scripts in the obj files?
In the last case it should be easy to add such timer script to wrecks.

SirNukes

PostPosted: Tue, 17. Jul 18, 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

From the bits I've seen: a station creates a wreck when killed (if set to make wrecks), and the God engine cleans them up. Cleanup will delete the oldest wreck if there is more than one in sector, and will delete the last wreck if it is 10 hours old in core sectors, 30 hours otherwise. This is offset by when God visits the sector, which is something like every 10 hours plus some delay for random sector selection. (Note: I am not 100% confident I interpreted the above correctly.) I also recall that a wreck will get removed early when the station is rebuilt on the same spot.

Wrecks also have a StartSelfDestructTimer function, but it isn't called anywhere that I found. It appears to use the same 15-30 minute delay as flying wares, but that can be edited.

So, the main problem seems to be that wrecks can get created much faster than the rate God cleans them out. Some possible approaches to fix this:

• Disable the wreck creation to begin with.
  • Add the StartSelfDestructTimer when the wreck is created. This is tricky, since I always aim for size neutral code edits, meaning some other bit of code would need to be cut out to make room for calling that function. It looks like maybe the random rotation in wreck Create can be cut out, particularly since rotation gets overwritten later anyway at the sector level (to match the factory rotation, I assume).
  • Reorganize the God code to do the lifetime check on every wreck in sector, which is somewhat error prone and hard to verify.
  • Tweak God to call StartSelfDestructTimer during its wreck loop instead of doing direct deletion, though I am not sure how to tell if a given wreck already has a timer going (or if it would really matter if it starts multiple timers).

Overall, I think the second option might work best, and it is relatively easy to verify compared to the God engine edits. You need to let me know if I interpreted your request correctly, though.