Pirate Foe 2 Friend

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Trevelvis
xr

Pirate Foe 2 Friend

Post by Trevelvis » Mon, 7. Aug 17, 10:03

I changed my pirate setting to foe to stop my ships through pirate sectors but changed it back to friend . The only problem now is all the pirate bases are showing as foe so I cant buy from them. How can I change them back to Friendly. Thx

ajime
x4

Re: Pirate Foe 2 Friend

Post by ajime » Mon, 7. Aug 17, 10:21

Trevelvis wrote:I changed my pirate setting to foe to stop my ships through pirate sectors but changed it back to friend . The only problem now is all the pirate bases are showing as foe so I cant buy from them. How can I change them back to Friendly. Thx
i think setting them to foe doesn't really stop them from going into pirate areas? i always set them to friendly either way. didn't grab any hack missions?

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Mon, 7. Aug 17, 11:45

Trevelvis wrote:I changed my pirate setting to foe to stop my ships through pirate sectors but changed it back to friend . The only problem now is all the pirate bases are showing as foe so I cant buy from them. How can I change them back to Friendly. Thx
Check to make sure that you sent the IFF setting globally - you may find that some of your ships are viewing as friend while others (in this case specifically the ship you're in, quite likely, possibly among others) is still set to foe. You can do this via the sidebar in the Advanced -> Global Commands section. If those Pirate Bases are still hostile to you, then that most likely means that while in foe mode, they were antagonized by your ships in some way - by shooting back at those bases' lasertowers or by shooting at the gates in those sectors (this latter being highly unlikely - AI-controlled ships have no reason to do so, so this only really happens when you personally accidentally do this.)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

AleksMain
x3tc

Post by AleksMain » Mon, 7. Aug 17, 17:57

Destroy unfriendly Pirate base.

Respawn Pirate bases are always friendly by default, even if you are enemy of Pirates.

If you don't kill Pirates in this sector (sector with Pirate base), then you can dock there even being foe to Pirates (not in settings, but in battles, missions).

Please note though, that Pirate bases respawn in random sectors.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”