EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

[XRVR MODS] X-R Vanilla Recall Collection [Update 2017-09-11]
View previous topic :: View next topic
eMYNOCK

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 21. Aug 17, 19:41    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

wait.. you want us to travel through the Toride Anomalies?

cant you just set a anomaly as some kind of gate and connect it with an other anomaly?

MynoCorp. Technologies Präsentiert:X³TC/AP Cockpit Callback Mod
X Rebirth: More Fuel
UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)

MEDAL

PostPosted: Mon, 21. Aug 17, 22:33    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Quote:
wait.. you want us to travel through the Toride Anomalies?
i think the Anomalies make more sense than Gates in leading to an alternative Universe* (thats how i interpret the smultaneous eixstence of both universes) than Jump Gates.
Quote:
cant you just set a anomaly as some kind of gate and connect it with an other anomaly?
Anomalies are putting you to another random anomaly in the galaxy (usually), but i can use a few tricks to put consistency in that behavior Wink maybe something like stabilizer missiles which will force the anomaly to lead to is Parallel Universe counter piece for a few seconds or something.. currently relatively low prio though, the other stuff is more important for me.
Also i am planning to implement a Anomaly Travel Method for other Ships than the Player Ship, question is if its all Ships or just small ones (see later)

still some stuff i have to decide about though:

=> Because i mirrored the Galaxy Map of the VR Universe some Gate Connections go straight through the Sectors, which is imo distracting
screen showing this with comparision:
VR => http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1116869036
Classic => http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1116868936
Options are:
A) keep it this way and keep Toride and Koroni** close to each other
B) undo the Mirror and simply place both next to each other
C) just place them on top of each and differ them only by their Color***
D) Place them on a diffrent Y Layer of the Galaxy Map

=> the Big Ships in XVR are stirpped down compared to the regular variants. i see 3 possible solutions:
A) Upgrade all Big Ships back to Classic level
B) keep all Ships down on VR level
C) each Universe gets its own Variant and Big Ships cannt change Universe, only small Ships can to keep balance.

* if you have a diffrent opinion feel free to change this. its just a single <add> action to link the two FoO Gates.

** for better differentiation i have swapped the Cluster and Sector name for Toride//Koroni in the VR Universe Wink especialy useful because this way you can easily tell when you changed the Universe (Betty Announces either Toride or Koroni as new System Wink Very Happy )

*** i am planning to color the Name of classic and VR Universe Clusters/Sectors/Zones for differentiation because they all share their names

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter Wink

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help Wink
eMYNOCK

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Tue, 22. Aug 17, 03:20    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

nah.. i like the anomaly travel idea much more than the gate...

but just for simplification... would it be possible to use an anomaly animation as a fake gate?

you could probably place something like the overwatch close by if you want to observate the wormhole (lore wise).

it wouldnt that far when both universes decide to construct a research station near a wormhole and discover that they can travel through exact this thing to end up in a parallel universe.

'Airstrike' Ivanov

MEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Sat, 26. Aug 17, 07:22    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Love this mod guys, keep up the great work!

A note: Seems having the campaign gamestarts installed, breaks Plasma Cannon purchasing and DeVries factions on starts other than the actual vanilla campaign. (I was doing the standard Restoration Project start and it had those things locked out for some reason anyway.)

I disabled the gamestart mods and started a new game and things work as they should.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Boeng01

PostPosted: Tue, 12. Sep 17, 19:04    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Since the updates yesterday (Game 4.21 - Oculus 1.18 ) HMD initialization is extremley slow on my machine while the ext_02.cat & .dat are used.
While starting the game with HMD on, i hear the initial 'click' you always hear when the main menu opens the first time a few times with a few seconds in between. Load time is about 50-60 seconds.

This only occurs when Headset is active. Starting in 2D mode is without any problem.

Switching to VR mode after loading gives the same issue, the continuous 'click ... click' for around a minute.

Switching to 2D mode again is flawless, but switching back again to VR gives the explained issue again.

Removing ext_02.cat & .dat from extensions folder solves the problem.

While keeping the HMD up Game runs as normal after it started.

Any ideas?

Boeng01

PostPosted: Tue, 12. Sep 17, 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I'm absolutely puzzled.

Like i told in my previous post, i was able to isolate the initialize problem with moving those two files in and out of the extensions folder. I tried a few times and it had always the same behaviour. I had NO issues with missing or colorful textures, which are occuring like explained in this thread:

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=396593

But i realized that when playing without the two files from your mod, all the highways weren't visible any more. So i thought something went wrong while fiddling with the mods and made a clean install of the game.

Now guess what ... not only the initialize problem started to occur even on the new installed, clean game - i also started to have those texture bugs.

Will stick to the oher thread(s) with this grafical glitches and freeze / initialize issues.

TheGaelicWarrior

PostPosted: Thu, 14. Sep 17, 17:05    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

This is awesome dierten, thanks.

dertien

PostPosted: Mon, 18. Sep 17, 14:41    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

@Ivanov

I have tested the original vanilla campaign from X-Rebirth vanilla pretty far, up into Devries, where you need to fight alongside the Canterrans in the first few missions. The factions seem to spawn as they should - not sure about the plasma cannon purchase... I have not changed any files related to the weapons purchase options, only the mechanic got the extra option for the standard cockpit.

Boeng01

I just lauched the game with the latest update installed.

Last week a new Nvidia driver came out and I installed that one as well together with the recent Oculus update. I have no graphical glitches whatsoever and cannot reproduce the psychedelic colors on my setup. As far as I can see here, the graphical side of things is spot on and as it should be.

Boeng01

PostPosted: Mon, 18. Sep 17, 17:39    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

@dertien

ty for the feedback. Abviously a lot of people seem to have those problems with the colorchangings, the disappearing highways and the growing sidebarmenu when playing with Supersampling - on top of the 'hickups' of the engine (long load times, freezes when opening the map etc.) but anyway it seems to me as those are issues on specific machines. Some got it, some don't.

Will put in my System details in my signature, could be easier for the Devs to find out who got problems and who not.

Since the last update and with it hte trouble with all those bugs began i decided to play 'vanilla XR:VR' for now to have the best possibilities to help the Devs sorting out the Problems.

But i am looking forward to get into the 'complete' Universe again, since it was much more spectacular in VR Smile How's the work going on with connecting the two universes together?

Gigabyte Aorus 1080Ti - 385.41

Oculus Rift + Touch 3 Sensor Setup - 1.18
Mavo Pi

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Mon, 2. Oct 17, 18:08    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

So it seems to work for me but did anyone manage to get the original campaign videos play with text? I tried with english and german language and in both cases I would only get the sound effects but nobody is talking.

gapper4

PostPosted: Tue, 3. Oct 17, 21:23    Post subject: Can't hack in story mission Reply with quote Print

Hey guys, I've gotten to the point in the main mission (not the XRVR main plot but in the unlocked non-VR game) and I can't seem to be able to hack the points on the station (the one right outside the De Vries jumpgate) which should allow me to find out where the ships captured by Plutarch are. I get there, jump in the Trojan drone and fly around. Although mission arrow guides me to general areas, there is no sign at all of what I should be hacking. I've flown around for over an hour and have had no luck. Is this is a bug ?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Tue, 3. Oct 17, 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

@ gapper4: yes it is.

Bazza

PostPosted: Tue, 3. Oct 17, 23:51    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

There's an XRVR main plot? I seem to be stuck just shooting the odd Xenon wave over and over and over. (When the missions come in which is rarely). This after 90+ hours. It seems to me the XRVR main plot is either broken or non-existant.

eMYNOCK

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Wed, 4. Oct 17, 01:34    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Bazza wrote:
There's an XRVR main plot? I seem to be stuck just shooting the odd Xenon wave over and over and over. (When the missions come in which is rarely). This after 90+ hours. It seems to me the XRVR main plot is either broken or non-existant.

from hearsay it is just not finished yet...

Bazza

PostPosted: Wed, 4. Oct 17, 05:05    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

eMYNOCK wrote:
Bazza wrote:

from hearsay it is just not finished yet...

I haven't read anywhere that its not yet finished. So, just truing to clarify, are you suggesting it still needs further development time as opposed to just bug fixing?