EnglishGermanFrenchRussianPolishItalianSpanish

(X3AP, Terran Commander) Am I missing something here?
View previous topic :: View next topic
Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 19. Jun 17, 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

comraderichard wrote:
So I saw something rather strange, Paranid fighting Terrans in Heretic's End, I was under the impression all races but Argon were neutral to the Terrans?

It's not 'Argon vs Terran', it's 'Commonwealth vs Terran'. There's a point in the plot where even the pacifist Boron are convinced to join the war. So expect to see all the CW races in the battle (except the Teladi, who are generally neutral to everyone - they're the Ferengi of the X Universe).

As for the contention that the TC plots are "asinine", that's just a few disgruntled people who don't care to put a lot of effort into the game, IMO. The Hub plot, in particular, seems to draw their ire since it's long and involving. But most of it can be done while doing other things. IMO, the plots in TC are far superior to those in AP. FWIW. Wink

jlehtone

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Tue, 20. Jun 17, 01:15    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Nanook wrote:
So expect to see all the CW races in the battle (except the Teladi, who are generally neutral to everyone - they're the Ferengi of the X Universe).

Indeed. Split and Borons hold the Belt frequently. I've seen an Odysseus to push into Jupiter with Argon friends (in my wake). While there we had a furball with the natives, but from the corner of my scanner I saw Teladi Phoenix in all its majesty, peacefully loitering in the middle of Jupiter sector, undisturbed ...

RainerPrem

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Tue, 20. Jun 17, 06:10    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Nanook wrote:

As for the contention that the TC plots are "asinine", that's just a few disgruntled people who don't care to put a lot of effort into the game, IMO. The Hub plot, in particular, seems to draw their ire since it's long and involving. But most of it can be done while doing other things. IMO, the plots in TC are far superior to those in AP. FWIW. Wink

Hi,

I concur nearly 100%. I only think the headquarter plot comes too late in the game. Considering how useful the headquarter is in AP, and that I basically lose interest when all plots are finished, this is my only point of criticism.

cu
Rainer

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)

PostPosted: Tue, 20. Jun 17, 19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

RainerPrem wrote:
Nanook wrote:

Hi,

I concur nearly 100%. I only think the headquarter plot comes too late in the game. Considering how useful the headquarter is in AP, and that I basically lose interest when all plots are finished, this is my only point of criticism.

cu
Rainer

I agree. I usually use a mod that separates the Hub and HQ plots. Smile

thrangar

MEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Tue, 20. Jun 17, 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

RainerPrem wrote:
Nanook wrote:

Hi,

cu
Rainer

This /\

hisazul

PostPosted: Thu, 22. Jun 17, 04:25    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Nanook wrote:
comraderichard wrote:
So I saw something rather strange, Paranid fighting Terrans in Heretic's End, I was under the impression all races but Argon were neutral to the Terrans?

It's not 'Argon vs Terran', it's 'Commonwealth vs Terran'. There's a point in the plot where even the pacifist Boron are convinced to join the war. So expect to see all the CW races in the battle (except the Teladi, who are generally neutral to everyone - they're the Ferengi of the X Universe).

Phlease there is nothing in TC that even remotely comes close to achinonix plot in AP. Not even in the same dimension. Just that stranded experience alone was better then every plot in TC combined. Also AP can actually make you give a damn, unlike every single X game before that, lol. It's the only one that had "serious" plot, a stretch I know but it was less carefree and humorous or at least it started on a gloomy note.

Anyway argons roped everyone into trying to steal terran tech. So everyonce except telladi show up in heretics. Up until valhalla shows up and shows everyone the door. Ah that place... that is how I ended up with 20something valhallas of my own >_>