(X3AP, Terran Commander) Am I missing something here?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 19. Jun 17, 23:53

comraderichard wrote:So I saw something rather strange, Paranid fighting Terrans in Heretic's End, I was under the impression all races but Argon were neutral to the Terrans?
It's not 'Argon vs Terran', it's 'Commonwealth vs Terran'. There's a point in the plot where even the pacifist Boron are convinced to join the war. So expect to see all the CW races in the battle (except the Teladi, who are generally neutral to everyone - they're the Ferengi of the X Universe).

As for the contention that the TC plots are "asinine", that's just a few disgruntled people who don't care to put a lot of effort into the game, IMO. The Hub plot, in particular, seems to draw their ire since it's long and involving. But most of it can be done while doing other things. IMO, the plots in TC are far superior to those in AP. FWIW. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 20. Jun 17, 01:15

Nanook wrote:So expect to see all the CW races in the battle (except the Teladi, who are generally neutral to everyone - they're the Ferengi of the X Universe).
Indeed. Split and Borons hold the Belt frequently. I've seen an Odysseus to push into Jupiter with Argon friends (in my wake). While there we had a furball with the natives, but from the corner of my scanner I saw Teladi Phoenix in all its majesty, peacefully loitering in the middle of Jupiter sector, undisturbed ...
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Tue, 20. Jun 17, 06:10

Nanook wrote: ...

As for the contention that the TC plots are "asinine", that's just a few disgruntled people who don't care to put a lot of effort into the game, IMO. The Hub plot, in particular, seems to draw their ire since it's long and involving. But most of it can be done while doing other things. IMO, the plots in TC are far superior to those in AP. FWIW. :wink:
Hi,

I concur nearly 100%. I only think the headquarter plot comes too late in the game. Considering how useful the headquarter is in AP, and that I basically lose interest when all plots are finished, this is my only point of criticism.

cu
Rainer

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 20. Jun 17, 19:30

RainerPrem wrote:

Hi,

I concur nearly 100%. I only think the headquarter plot comes too late in the game. Considering how useful the headquarter is in AP, and that I basically lose interest when all plots are finished, this is my only point of criticism.

cu
Rainer
I agree. I usually use a mod that separates the Hub and HQ plots. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

thrangar
x4

Post by thrangar » Tue, 20. Jun 17, 20:28

RainerPrem wrote:

Hi,

cu
Rainer

This /\

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Thu, 22. Jun 17, 04:25

Nanook wrote:
comraderichard wrote:So I saw something rather strange, Paranid fighting Terrans in Heretic's End, I was under the impression all races but Argon were neutral to the Terrans?
It's not 'Argon vs Terran', it's 'Commonwealth vs Terran'. There's a point in the plot where even the pacifist Boron are convinced to join the war. So expect to see all the CW races in the battle (except the Teladi, who are generally neutral to everyone - they're the Ferengi of the X Universe).

Phlease there is nothing in TC that even remotely comes close to achinonix plot in AP. Not even in the same dimension. Just that stranded experience alone was better then every plot in TC combined. Also AP can actually make you give a damn, unlike every single X game before that, lol. It's the only one that had "serious" plot, a stretch I know but it was less carefree and humorous or at least it started on a gloomy note.

Anyway argons roped everyone into trying to steal terran tech. So everyonce except telladi show up in heretics. Up until valhalla shows up and shows everyone the door. Ah that place... that is how I ended up with 20something valhallas of my own >_>
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”