Rebirth 1.0

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sMull
x4

Rebirth 1.0

Post by sMull » Sun, 23. Apr 17, 01:37

Any way to play the release version of Rebirth? Just curious since i did not buy at release. Want to see if its as bad as the early negative reviews portrayed it.

Right now the game is one of my favorites and I find it a big improvement over the previous X games. But really want to try the initial release version somehow :)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 23. Apr 17, 12:50

The best (or rather worst) you can do is go back and use the 32 bit Steam beta version which was 2.51.

Going back to 1.0 would be rather like this I think -> :headbang:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Re: Rebirth 1.0

Post by Snafu_X3 » Mon, 24. Apr 17, 00:34

sMull wrote:Any way to play the release version of Rebirth? Just curious since i did not buy at release. Want to see if its as bad as the early negative reviews portrayed it.
Short answer: yes it was, mostly :( I'll ignore the whines of those that talked themselves into expecting some things that weren't on the production list (cf NMS) & limit the list to some things that were relevant:

No radar, assorted campaign bugs & incredibly poor pathfinding, plus the highway minigame made things incredibly tedious to complete. Plus frequent CTDs due to assorted problems (mostly video drivers & memory leaks AFAICR) after playing for >1hr.. thankfully that's behind us now, mostly

If you're desperate to try the original (prolly 1.10), take a look around on assorted websites for a DVD edition, then turn off all steam updates once registered (or install the nosteam patch) /immediately/ after the install
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”