EnglishGermanFrenchRussianPolishItalianSpanish

[MOD] A New Dawn for Litcube's Universe - v07-07-2017beta released!
View previous topic :: View next topic
Anubitus

Thank you for registering your game
modified
PostPosted: Sun, 2. Jul 17, 02:46    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I have updated the gallery, please tell me what you think...

Last edited by Anubitus on Mon, 10. Jul 17, 23:15; edited 1 time in total
Anubitus

PostPosted: Mon, 3. Jul 17, 23:43    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

In the spotlights:

------ Nightwing - M3 ------

The Nightwing is a heavy fighter of Paranid origin, with its eight front mounted laser hardpoints and two front firing turrets, it has very high firepower. The vessel has powerfull shielding, is compatible with a multitude of missiles and has a medium sized cargobay capable of storing L class wares wich makes it very usefull as a fast freighter or smuggler ship. Its only real weak point is its rear, The ship is easily recognizable by its cockpit configuration. The pilot sits in the lower cabin, which houses the ship's flightcontrols, and the shooter takes place in the upper cabin, which has the controls for the gunturrets. To keep the production cost as low as possible, it has a very low stock speed and manouvrability altough the latter two can be vastly upgrated, for a price.

The craft was supposed to be a next generation of heavy fighter and was designed alongside the Medusa heavy fighter for use by the Paranid military forces, but when the design plans where stolen, all funding was spend on the Medusa project. It is unknown who stole the plans but they seem to have ended up in pirate hands.

------ Athena - M3TP ------

A class of personell carrier of Paranid design. While not ment for combat, the Athena does have sufficient speed and defensive capabilities to fend off any attack. With two turrets, one front and one aft, good shielding and strong hull, this craft is mostly used by diplomats and other important induviduals.

Anubitus

PostPosted: Fri, 7. Jul 17, 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

New version has been released! With the addition of the ships being used by the game and the ships being for sale at the shipyards, the mod is officialy entering its beta stage. I hope i will be able to release v1.0 soon, a version that can be used for a playthrough.

Alongside bugfixing i will keep on working on new stuff to add to future versions of the mod ofcourse.

Unique ships in the spotlights:

---- YT-1300-S - Sabra ----

The Sabra is a modified YT-1300-S class freighter. Once it was purchased by a Argon entrepeneur who had all of the ships hull plating replaced, installed a slightly upgraded version of the engine and fitted the ship with a jumpdrive. It also has a aditional shield slot. Due to these upgrades, it has a little less cargo space.

-- YT-1300-S - Star Lady --

The "Star Lady” is a heavely modified YT-1300-S class light freighter. Don't let its old and battered looks decieve you. This freighter has five laser cannons mounted at a cockpit module wich was converted to house a powerfull weapon energy generator. It also has two laserturrets capable of mounting additional weaponry, very strong hull plating and strong shield generators. The engines where replaced with three M3 fighter class engines giving this ship a considerable speed boost in comparisson to its stock siblings. This is a freighter with teeth.

viet1989

PostPosted: Mon, 10. Jul 17, 15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Very cool mod! Good work Smile
Maybe you can add some M6 ships?

Anubitus

PostPosted: Mon, 10. Jul 17, 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I will, but i always felt like a lot of mods focused on capital ships while fighter size ships where mostly neglected, that is why i wanted to create a ton of m3 and other small ships to fill a variety of different roles.

I am happy you like it.

EDIT:

A new Paranid fighter. The Medusa II by Beth Skarn (based upon the ship with the same name from Colony Wars: Red Sun)

shellshock69

PostPosted: Tue, 22. Aug 17, 08:50    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

So I went and installed your mod and ran into a kinda weird problem. I had LU mod installed of course along with all of the mods known to work with LU. I then added your mod and started a new game, well my PC didn't explode but my ship, all ships in sector and stations did lol. Not gonna lie I actually got a kick out of watching the sector explode, I then tried many different starts thinking maybe it was something to do with my ship. When that didn't work I thought it may be the cockpit mod, but still sectors exploding everywhere. After digging around mainly to find which mod is doing this for ya, the one I least expected was the culprit.

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=312645 IEX a background enhancement mod, which I am sure you have herd or used. So after some testing I found two things if your mod is installed after IEX all things explode in a ring of fire. If your mod is installed before IEX no more explosions but your ships don't show up in the game. If I did not install IEX, even with all compatible mods installed, your mod worked fine and sectors didn't get nuked

Figured I would let you know, since I imagine you would want this mod to work with mods used in LU. Great job with the mod, maybe on my next play through it will be ready for a full play through.

Anubitus

PostPosted: Tue, 29. Aug 17, 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

lol, well, that is unexpected... i will try to figure out what the problem is.

bluesoulsez

PostPosted: Tue, 29. Aug 17, 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

This has been archived at: https://poisonedparanid.com/file/14/a-new-dawn

Download link 1 is a new archive on my server. If you wish to use it, please direct users to https://poisonedparanid.com/download/22

Thanks.

Anubitus

PostPosted: Thu, 31. Aug 17, 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

bluesoulsez wrote:
This has been archived at: https://poisonedparanid.com/file/14/a-new-dawn

Download link 1 is a new archive on my server. If you wish to use it, please direct users to https://poisonedparanid.com/download/22

Thanks.

Not that i am against this, but should you not have asked this first? I also noticed that the introduction text is incomplete. How is the download kept up to date with the latest released version?

EDIT: Posted something in the relevant topic, located here:

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=4676899#4676899

Added the links to the OP.