Hornet missile factory bug

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Krak
x2

Hornet missile factory bug

Post by Krak » Wed, 31. Mar 04, 00:51

I set my hornet missile factory chain up in argon prime yesterday, using the getware script I was able to get a chain going that would supply the factory for free, thinking that I was going to make some ub3r cash. So after a few hours of capturing ships and checking up on my other factories, I had a look see to find out if my hornet fab made anything yet, it hadn't. The strange thing is that the factory is maxed out with resources, yet it has not started to produce. Checked back 10 minutes later, nope no hornets.

This is a very bad bug it seems because the factory only has capacity for 52 hornets, while one cycle makes 60 hornets so I guess the factory won't produce any hornets because there is no space for them :evil:

is there any known workaround for this? I'd hate to see my several million credits go down the drain... :cry:

Battle Pope
x2

Post by Battle Pope » Wed, 31. Mar 04, 01:05

From my only experience with the getware script, if you use it to give equipment or resources to a ship/station, the ship/station won't be able to use them. I used the getware script to put a single 25mw shield on my TS and it was all for naught because it wouldn't equip. I could sell them fine, but not equip regardless of what I tried.
Founder and CEO of the IBF - International Brotherhood of Facebeaters!

Krak
x2

Post by Krak » Wed, 31. Mar 04, 01:07

Battle Pope wrote:From my only experience with the getware script, if you use it to give equipment or resources to a ship/station, the ship/station won't be able to use them. I used the getware script to put a single 25mw shield on my TS and it was all for naught because it wouldn't equip. I could sell them fine, but not equip regardless of what I tried.
I don't think that is the problem because I have several other factory loops using the getware script and they work just fine.

The_Abyss
x3

Re: Hornet missile factory bug

Post by The_Abyss » Wed, 31. Mar 04, 01:07

Krak wrote:I set my hornet missile factory chain up in argon prime yesterday, using the getware script I was able to get a chain going that would supply the factory for free, thinking that I was going to make some ub3r cash.
Krak wrote:is there any known workaround for this? I'd hate to see my several million credits go down the drain... :cry:
Am I missing something here? Loss of something free from an un-signed script?
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

Krak
x2

Re: Hornet missile factory bug

Post by Krak » Wed, 31. Mar 04, 01:21

The_Abyss wrote: I missing something here? Loss of something free from an un-signed script?
I think you are missing something, all that getware really does is let you take resources from one of your own factories and us them to supply another one of your factories. There isn't many other ways to create a factory chain where your transports will only buy from your factories.

Slocket
x2

Post by Slocket » Wed, 31. Mar 04, 07:36

That problem is related to trying to alter the economy in general. If you tryt to change the price of something, the cycle time or output will change to keep a constant.

If the output wil only hold 52 missles and the output is 60; of course it will not produce as you say since there is no room.

Try to alter the Hornet missle price via modding so the (Number*Price) is within the holding capacity; (set hornet price higher) then it will start making missles again. This does not seem to affect the AI Hornet Missle factories?

There is a good read about all this Econ stuff somewhere.

it is a BAD BUG. The Hornet Missle factory can not hold the cycle output cache of 60 missles made since the factory can only hold 52. So NONE are created.

So I guess it will be impossible to create your own Hornet Missles. Only work around is to alter the input prices and output prices to get the right 'ratio' so it falls with an output that falls with the legal holding capacity.

Krak
x2

Post by Krak » Thu, 1. Apr 04, 02:13

Slocket wrote:That problem is related to trying to alter the economy in general. If you tryt to change the price of something, the cycle time or output will change to keep a constant.

If the output wil only hold 52 missles and the output is 60; of course it will not produce as you say since there is no room.

Try to alter the Hornet missle price via modding so the (Number*Price) is within the holding capacity; (set hornet price higher) then it will start making missles again. This does not seem to affect the AI Hornet Missle factories?

There is a good read about all this Econ stuff somewhere.

it is a BAD BUG. The Hornet Missle factory can not hold the cycle output cache of 60 missles made since the factory can only hold 52. So NONE are created.

So I guess it will be impossible to create your own Hornet Missles. Only work around is to alter the input prices and output prices to get the right 'ratio' so it falls with an output that falls with the legal holding capacity.
I figured out the problem, since I'm using burniaks(sp?) economy mod, I forgot to turn off the mod once I placed the missle fab (which is the workaround). The game then calculated the cycle time and size so that it would be equal with other factories, hence the reason for 60 hornets and 52 capacity.

Looks like it's time to drop the wrecking ball on the hornet fab and bring in a new one :shock:

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”