Steam Winter sale 2017

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

burger1
x3tc

Steam Winter sale 2017

Post by burger1 » Thu, 21. Dec 17, 19:05

It has started.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Thu, 21. Dec 17, 22:28

Time to buy all those games I'm not going to actually play but can't do without...

Definitely picking up the Steam link/controller bundle this year. I held off on the last sale, hoping to wait until I put my new box together, but I regretted that decision.

Once again, Rimworld dodges the discount bullet. I've only ever seen it have a discount once. (That I can remember.) At this point, it's personal... "I will hunt you down and take you when you are most vulnerable, Rimworld!"

Factorio dodges the bullet and creates a swamp of turrets and armored trains to escape Braben's wallet-defeating revival.

Kerbal is 50% off, might be time to pull the trigger, finally.

CivV is 75% off. That might be attractive if buying all the darn DLC wouuldn't push that price through the roof. (I will never buy a Civ IP game that requires DLC for "full featured" play. Screw them.)

Oh well, time to scour the archives to see what gifts Santa might decide to bring me.

(Thanks for the headsup.)

Rednoahl
x4

Post by Rednoahl » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 06:21

I've finally got elite dangerous, although I doubt I'll get much time to play it. I've ended up spending more on the GOG sale this year than I expected so probably won't be buying much more unless I see something really cheap. I bought the masterpiece that is 'Ikauga' for a mate of mine though; a bargain at 3 fiddy considering it sells for big money on gamecube or dreamcast.

@Mork I prefer civ 5 to civ 6 tbh even without the dlc, but I'm the exception rather than the rule.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 08:47

I don't think I'll be partaking this time around--already have plenty to be getting along with, game-wise.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 12:46

the only game I was interested in, Divinity 2, has a rubbish price reduction. Not even worth it.

Not when I finally have my Warthog Hotas to open on crimbo morning and lose the day crashing A10s in DCS until MrsBadger screams at me to get downstairs and be sociable again.

(Plus I hear it might have microtransactions now. I don't plan to play it against random people, so maybe that won't effect me, I'm not yet sure. My purchase likelihood is dropping ever lower.)
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 17:35

Biggest item for me is Planet Coaster with 75% off. Why the heck Bannerlord appears on the list when it doesn't even have a price yet @_@

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 21:19

Rednoahl wrote:...@Mork I prefer civ 5 to civ 6 tbh even without the dlc, but I'm the exception rather than the rule.
CivIV FOREVAR! I love my "stacks of Doom." /que Imperial March music
Mightysword wrote:Biggest item for me is Planet Coaster with 75% off. Why the heck Bannerlord appears on the list when it doesn't even have a price yet @_@
Yeah, I've been looking at whichever one of the more recent theme-park games that wasn't developed by the old Tycoon people. Is that the one or is the other one that was indy-developed?

I have no reason why Bannerlord is on there. Taleworlds has already announced that it will not be released this year. I understand it takes awhile to develop such a game, but... Oh well, I still have my faithful Warband and am currently in a playthrough of Prophesy of Pendor, so that will keep me happy for awhile.

As long as mods are dev'd and patched up, I'm happy with Warband. I'm actually a little hesitant about Bannerlord, but we'll see... some day.

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Sat, 23. Dec 17, 04:08

Morkonan wrote: Yeah, I've been looking at whichever one of the more recent theme-park games that wasn't developed by the old Tycoon people. Is that the one or is the other one that was indy-developed?
Pretty sure it's by the people who make the old Tycoon.

The game is pretty good, my only aversion is I suck badly at building Coaster.

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Sat, 23. Dec 17, 04:33

Morkonan wrote:
Rednoahl wrote:...@Mork I prefer civ 5 to civ 6 tbh even without the dlc, but I'm the exception rather than the rule.
CivIV FOREVAR! I love my "stacks of Doom." /que Imperial March music
Mightysword wrote:Biggest item for me is Planet Coaster with 75% off. Why the heck Bannerlord appears on the list when it doesn't even have a price yet @_@
Yeah, I've been looking at whichever one of the more recent theme-park games that wasn't developed by the old Tycoon people. Is that the one or is the other one that was indy-developed?

I have no reason why Bannerlord is on there. Taleworlds has already announced that it will not be released this year. I understand it takes awhile to develop such a game, but... Oh well, I still have my faithful Warband and am currently in a playthrough of Prophesy of Pendor, so that will keep me happy for awhile.

As long as mods are dev'd and patched up, I'm happy with Warband. I'm actually a little hesitant about Bannerlord, but we'll see... some day.
Civ4 is the best. When I want to nuke Gandhi I need at least 100 ICBMs to do the job right.
Who made that man a gunner?

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Sat, 23. Dec 17, 18:08

I tried to nuke Ghandi in Civ 5, got my ass handed to me, man of peace he is not...
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 23. Dec 17, 21:04

mrbadger wrote:I tried to nuke Ghandi in Civ 5, got my ass handed to me, man of peace he is not...
There was a bug in the very first version of Civilization where Ghandi was so peaceful that his "peace/war" score would wrap around to the maximum, making him totally belligerent, and they decided to keep him being warlike in all the other iterations of the game as sort of a callback to that.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sat, 23. Dec 17, 21:18

Masterbagger wrote:...Civ4 is the best. When I want to nuke Gandhi I need at least 100 ICBMs to do the job right.
One.
Giant.
Parking-lot.

I think most CivIV player's end-games are the same. You've won, your rule is supreme, anyone who's left is your little toady that you can obliterate anytime you wish. Now, it's time to nuke everything...

I'm a huge fan of subs. They suck in the Civ games, to be honest, but I'm too much of a fan to pay any attention to that. So, as soon as I can, I build a fleet of subs and they all eventually get loaded up with nukes and stationed off the coast of anyone who isn't "me." Everyone gets one, no waiting. (Though, I play a mod, more often than not. "RisE" - Rise from Erubus, which is fantasy based.)

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Sun, 24. Dec 17, 16:43

pjknibbs wrote:
mrbadger wrote:I tried to nuke Ghandi in Civ 5, got my ass handed to me, man of peace he is not...
There was a bug in the very first version of Civilization where Ghandi was so peaceful that his "peace/war" score would wrap around to the maximum, making him totally belligerent, and they decided to keep him being warlike in all the other iterations of the game as sort of a callback to that.
I could have done with knowing that....

Redvers Ganderpoke

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Thu, 4. Jan 18, 23:08

I bought a steam link in the sale for £4. Delivered yesterday works better than expected on wifi.

Goid buy at £4 not so good at £40.
A flower?

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Fri, 5. Jan 18, 00:00

Got assassins creed origins + season pass for £50. Decent game but bad performance on my amd card. Also got Human Fall Flat to play with my friend. Fun wobbly-physics puzzle game.
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

Return to “Off Topic English”