EnglishGermanFrenchRussianPolishItalianSpanish

Rage quit, so mad I could spit
Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Triaxx2

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 6. Mar 17, 00:19    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Long time Reunion player. Boot up TC for the first time, fly through the north gate of Argon Prime.... INCINERATED BY SPACE FLAMETHROWERS.

I went back to Reunion for a while.

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Timsup2nothin

PostPosted: Mon, 6. Mar 17, 05:00    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Triaxx2 wrote:
Long time Reunion player. Boot up TC for the first time, fly through the north gate of Argon Prime.... INCINERATED BY SPACE FLAMETHROWERS.

LOL...considering that those things are only available from a select few illegally operated sources it is pretty strange that every military pilot in the freakin' universe is sporting them.

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!
Doktor Teufel

PostPosted: Mon, 6. Mar 17, 05:31    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Timsup2nothin wrote:
LOL...considering that those things are only available from a select few illegally operated sources it is pretty strange that every military pilot in the freakin' universe is sporting them.

Hah, no kidding. This sort of thing is why I don't feel badly at all about "cheating" with the Springblossom.

I don't merely cheat, however. I super-cheat by using the Springblossom and Cycrow's Advanced Thruster Control.

I blow through the gate into a Xenon sector, get a conga line going, and then slow down enough for most of the lighter fighters to get juuuuust in range (actually a little ways outside my range, see last sentence)... then I match their speed, engage thruster control, spin around, and presto! near-stationary victims who are flying into my cone of fire, effectively increasing my projectile velocity/range as well.

jorganos

PostPosted: Mon, 6. Mar 17, 10:08    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Timsup2nothin wrote:
Triaxx2 wrote:

One has to assume that the military has their own secret, gate-less sectors where they have their IBL and PBG forges, accessible only through open jump coordinates, like the Khaak-Sectors in TC Operation Final Fury. We know that half of them have dealings with Yaki branches, too, so maybe they run their versions on Nostrop.

I mean, Argon Military Sector 148 - that sort of indicates that the Argons alone have roundabout 150 military sectors unknown to the rest of the Commonwealth.

PostPosted: Mon, 6. Mar 17, 14:17    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

In my case it was a set of Pirate Blastclaws, but seriously, it takes me weeks of work to get a pair even if I'm friends with a forge, and these guys all have entire banks.

Speed does not equal life in Xenon sectors. I went tearing through one in a Turbo Boosted Pirate Kestrel, doing 1536m/s, and still managed to get tagged enough to breach shields and do 2% hull damage.

jlehtone

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Mon, 6. Mar 17, 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

jorganos wrote:
I mean, Argon Military Sector 148 - that sort of indicates ...

Within ingame lore perhaps, but out of game that name probably originates from "M"ilitary sector on column "14", row "8" of the galaxy map.

jorganos

PostPosted: Tue, 7. Mar 17, 07:02    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Triaxx2 wrote:
In my case it was a set of Pirate Blastclaws, but seriously, it takes me weeks of work to get a pair even if I'm friends with a forge, and these guys all have entire banks.

Speed does not equal life in Xenon sectors. I went tearing through one in a Turbo Boosted Pirate Kestrel, doing 1536m/s, and still managed to get tagged enough to breach shields and do 2% hull damage.

If I am not hostile to the Argons, I usually have wheat farms and space fuel distilleries in Bala Gi and Loomanckstrat (near SPPs), and I drown in PBGs.

Without access to fuel distilleries, the situation is bleak indeed.

PostPosted: Tue, 7. Mar 17, 11:09    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Triaxx2 wrote:

Kestrel's can't steer worth a snap even without turboboost...are you sure you didn't just burn your shields crashing into stuff?

That said, a turbo run through Savage Spur in a Disco Raider is a hair on fire stunt that I've ended many play sessions with. (I like to make that final save and then go try pointless things that I didn't want to die doing.)

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!
Triaxx2

PostPosted: Tue, 7. Mar 17, 13:19    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I'm an exceptional pilot. I know I didn't hit anything. (And going that fast any collision is instant death.)

Turbo run in a racing ship. At least one of my mods has added in the Arrow from Reunion, the one that does 1100m/s out of the box? Turbo Booster cranks that up to 3km/s.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)

PostPosted: Tue, 7. Mar 17, 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Triaxx2 wrote:

Well, not if you fly right through a Xenon fleet. Razz "Execptional pilots" don't normally do such things. Were you counting coup? Wink

Triaxx2

PostPosted: Wed, 8. Mar 17, 00:23    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I didn't fly through the fleet. I swung close to the station in the center of the sector to avoid a Q that dropped in almost on top of me. I suspect something spawned from the station and tagged me the moment it appeared. I'm not sure because by the time I had the space to look, there was a massive fleet passing the station.

I want to say it was in Core 023, which is why I was in a Kestrel instead of anything slower. I was exploring the Xenon sectors, and slow is death.

radcapricorn

PostPosted: Wed, 8. Mar 17, 01:14    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

That had to be a serious case of bad luck. I mean, at that speed you're out of range of most fast guns in a second, literally. And any gun beyond that... you'd have to literally fly into the projectile, and how that projectile would end up in your path at that speed is beyond me. Unless speed this high is messing with the game's physics calculations much like high SETA factors.

Jonzac

MEDAL

PostPosted: Wed, 8. Mar 17, 07:12    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

NO, using anything but a jumpdrive and copious amounts of Advanced Satellites is instant death.

Doktor Teufel

PostPosted: Wed, 8. Mar 17, 07:48    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

That's odd. I've never had an issue with Xenon when flying either the Kestrel Space Rocket Express or the Springblossom Safari Tours Luxury Yacht.

The Springblossom in particular is completely impervious to Xenon when equipped with MDM and Smart Turrets. I've leisurely sailed past Qs, Is, Js, and the rest of the alphabet soup, no problem.

You do know that the Turbo Booster will drain your shields if you run out of space flies/energy cells, right?

Triaxx2

PostPosted: Wed, 8. Mar 17, 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Yes, I did know it'll do that, and most times I rely on that, but on this occasion I knew I was going into Xenon space, and so I'd filled myself up with all energy and shields.

On the other hand, PBE does ludicrous amounts of shield damage and is essentially a hit scan weapon, so I assume that's what tagged me.

Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next