Am I being dumb ? some questions for XRe

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lordmuck
x4

Am I being dumb ? some questions for XRe

Post by lordmuck » Sun, 19. Feb 17, 13:36

Hey peeps,

So I was going to start to try cap some ships. I am in one of the free plays at about 4 hours in. I am using a number of mods.
  • Autolooter
    Auto agent
    Better station scan mode 100%
    Mission computer
    CWIR
    Both DLC
    Fly by lock
    Fly by loot
    Open map
    Show skills
My main issue/question. I have 1 captain, 1 marine officer(recruiter?) 50 marines,1 engineer, 2 defense thingy persons. So I have the ones for the Skunk(engineer and def officer) and missing one engineer for any ship I cap. However I am unable to employ another engineer due to ship capacity. Any way of making ship capacity to 6? coz I think this is really frustrating unless its bugged up.

Next thing is so far I have noticed that Xenon P do not give the small target reticule/crosshair to shoot at. Any other Xenon fighters do tho.

Lastly when I am full x item (missiles or something else) on the skunk and I would like to trade them / illegal wares whats the quickest way? And how can I transfer them to (when I get one) a new ship?

Some mod recommendations or other how to's please:
1, I would like any ship I own to pick up loot that the Skunk cannot carry (mod or vanilla can do this?)
2, Could the on board computer voice, tell me where there is fighting / capital ship destroyed ?
3, Best and fastest way to target ship components? Mod/Vanilla I know about the home and page up button but having to scroll through numerous stuff :/ Id like to have something that targets JD, Engine, etc in like a priority order.

Other useful and must have mods with CWIR?

Thanks

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Am I being dumb ? some questions for XRe

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 19. Feb 17, 13:53

Hi there,
lordmuck wrote: My main issue/question. I have 1 captain, 1 marine officer(recruiter?) 50 marines,1 engineer, 2 defense thingy persons. So I have the ones for the Skunk(engineer and def officer) and missing one engineer for any ship I cap. However I am unable to employ another engineer due to ship capacity. Any way of making ship capacity to 6? coz I think this is really frustrating unless its bugged up.
This one is easy :) The Skunk doesn't use a Defense Officer so you only need to carry 1, and only if you want to ask them to work on a ship or station you own. There's a mod somewhere for more crew too if desired.
lordmuck wrote: Next thing is so far I have noticed that Xenon P do not give the small target reticule/crosshair to shoot at. Any other Xenon fighters do tho.
This is a quirk of all Medium-sized ships. I guess the idea is they're big and slow enough for one not to be needed. Unless you have deactivated auto-aim in the option menus, your guns will still aim at them OK if you shoot when the ship is in your targeting ring/reticule.
lordmuck wrote: Lastly when I am full x item (missiles or something else) on the skunk and I would like to trade them / illegal wares whats the quickest way? And how can I transfer them to (when I get one) a new ship?
Every item, apart from illegal wares, can be remotely traded with NPCs on stations while you're in space. To do so, start a conversdation with one through the Sidebar Menu (Return/5/6, on a keyboard). For illegal wares, we have to run the gauntlet of the cops and dock to find "Black Marketeers". A quickish way to do that is to click on a station's dock item from space to see who is on that dock, and who is on other docks of the same station.

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Sun, 19. Feb 17, 13:59

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! silly moi hahaah Thanks for all that, however what do you mean by see who is on that dock and who is on other docs of the same station ?

Guess there aint a mod where I could click any ware/missile/ammo etc, and choose like sell to highest bidder lol ?
Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:Hi there,

For illegal wares, we have to run the gauntlet of the cops and dock to find "Black Marketeers". A quickish way to do that is to click on a station's dock item from space to see who is on that dock, and who is on other docks of the same station.
Apart from that thanks for answering the rest of the stuff :D

Edit1 I thought the defense officer would be the one using the drones from the skunk?

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Sun, 19. Feb 17, 14:12

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:Hi there,
lordmuck wrote: Lastly when I am full x item (missiles or something else) on the skunk and I would like to trade them / illegal wares whats the quickest way? And how can I transfer them to (when I get one) a new ship?
Every item, apart from illegal wares, can be remotely traded with NPCs on stations while you're in space. To do so, start a conversdation with one through the Sidebar Menu (Return/5/6, on a keyboard). For illegal wares, we have to run the gauntlet of the cops and dock to find "Black Marketeers". A quickish way to do that is to click on a station's dock item from space to see who is on that dock, and who is on other docks of the same station.
For illegal wares, there's faster than than.
Open the zone map, select a station and bring up it's info panel. You'll see a single line about NPC working on board, right below management if memory serves. You can open this line in a new window (press "4"), and get a list of every docks and every NPC working on them. Beauty is, you can contact the NPCs directly from this list. It's way easier to find a black market dealer, and you can do it from anywhere in the zone (which means, far from the cops).

For every other traders, go with the sidebar menu.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Sun, 19. Feb 17, 14:21

Cool thanks Ezarkal :)

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Sun, 19. Feb 17, 18:27

lordmuck wrote:Some mod recommendations or other how to's please:
1, I would like any ship I own to pick up loot that the Skunk cannot carry (mod or vanilla can do this?)
If you mean wares, then it's like this: make a freighter join your squad, that freighter will need to be of appropriate cargo type and have some cargo drones on board. In the "1" menu, pick "Cargo Collect" mode. Now you can target freight containers, and press "F" to mark them. The freighter will fly to you and make its' cargo drones pick up the marked containers. Don't forget to turn off the mode afterwards :)
2, Could the on board computer voice, tell me where there is fighting / capital ship destroyed ?
I think there's a feature built into CWIR called "spy network" or something to that extent. Maybe check out the CWIR thread/docs for more, I never used it.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 20. Feb 17, 08:16

You're welcome :)

Ezarkal, thanks for that tip!

RodentofDoom
x4

Post by RodentofDoom » Mon, 20. Feb 17, 12:56

There's actually a fair amount mods for the game.

More Crew (http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=358078) is pretty handy.

I mostly just use various 'fix' mods
Scaldis Cargo, Titutel Engine etc

Auto-Crew + Auto-Train is a nice combo, also removes the need for larger crew quarters. (http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=386134 + http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=386030)

For me the only real essential is Miscellaneous Combat Tweaks + Sucellus IHC Fix, the rest is mostly a mix of convenience & window dressing :D

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Mon, 20. Feb 17, 14:58

I'm happy to help!
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Mon, 20. Feb 17, 17:52

Thanks all.

@RodentofDoom, Whats these "fix" mods? are you saying that some ships are bugged?

Yeah I just downloaded the MCT mod you mentioned also.

Its been about 6 hrs in game and roughly two hours ago I finished the jump drive mission (looked for the boxes for jumpdrive coolent however)

Capped the free Balor and Lepton.

With Fly by looting mod and Autolooter where you have to activate the long range scan and then be prompted as to how many crates we picked up and crates we did not pick up due to the item size is too big for the Skanky Skunk. How would I direct the Lepton which can carry L size items to pick the remaining stuff up?

Radcapricorn, gave instructions which I shall try once I see that the Skunk did not pick all stuff up due to size, however is there an automatic way of doing this? (mod?)

Thanks for the tip for AutoCrew, just downloaded and trying it out.. Ill try the Auto Train later on.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 20. Feb 17, 18:00

Please restrict the discussion here to vanilla gameplay. Mod recommendations and discussions belong in the the S&M forum as we don't want to confuse vanilla players by talking about modded gameplay here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Mon, 20. Feb 17, 18:31

Sure np, I thought I would keep stuff in 1 post rather than split it up.. Its fine tho :)

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”