EnglishGermanFrenchRussianPolishItalianSpanish

X rebirth cross sector trading and warehouses
View previous topic :: View next topic
xkram78

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sun, 5. Feb 17, 16:42    Post subject: X rebirth cross sector trading and warehouses Reply with quote Print

Hello, please, is these someone here able to explain to me how is player meant to trade without autotrader scripts?

I dont understand the never ending idea of egosoft to actually use the same mechanics from x tension, and build round it new graphics and so. i know micromanagement is enjoyable to some extent, but the scope in which player should micromanage just piles of boring stuff is horrible.

I've played x rebirth 3 times over, and i just cant imagine to play the game without any scripts. Amount of work and money egosoft had to put into badly looking and speaking models, useless dialogs in stations, is absolutely jawdroping. Who normal would do such a thing and not see how crappy boring the game gets.

Same thing with traders. By the time i was able to erect 6 stations in devries, i had like 30+ auto traders, quite big amount of capital destroyers and all possible sectors discovered. And i was about done with the game, no more stuff to do. If there wasnt for boarding to steal the big ships, or auto traders, the game with its beautiful graphics would be just for nothing.

I just dont understand why they are making x tension all over again. Which wouldnt be the problem, but the same, stupid mechanism where trading is not working or is insanly boring.

I would understand that you have to put some effort to it at the beginning, but consider this. If you have several working stations in devries, whats gona happen to their produciton without autotrader? are you going to manage every time the production stock gets full, the selling orders to your traders? or will you just wait for some unknown auto trader you have no control over it?

How should one manage trade from albion / devries to home of light without painly moving and choosing crappy product to be bought or sold for each station in those horrible ugly, hard to use UI? The UI is just so bad, that even old IU i remember from x3 reunion looked better. Everything was smaller, readable, easier to learn sequences of numbered options.

Battles are great, that was done and made better in previous games. But how the hell did egosoft allowed to release a game that has trade mechanics from 1999?? Evil or Very Mad.

And what is the point of warehouses, if it cant be used in any normal way? Like in old games. You can buy and sell using warehouse. But you cant use it to buy cheap and sell for higher price. Or even if you somehow allow to fill warehouse with wares to full, what then? will you micromanage warehouses in all secotors ione by one? why didnt they create ome kind og manageent scripT? just useless.. ahh

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Sun, 5. Feb 17, 17:47    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I have put paragraphs into your single block wall of text and fixed a few of the worst typos to make it all a bit more readable. That was so that you may get some discussion and replies.

birdtable

PostPosted: Sun, 5. Feb 17, 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Naughty Alan ... made me laugh you did ... Smile Smile

Warnoise

PostPosted: Mon, 6. Feb 17, 05:46    Post subject: Re: X rebirth cross sector trading and warehouses Reply with quote Print

xkram78 wrote:
Hello, please, is these someone here able to explain to me how is player meant to trade without autotrader scripts?

I dont understand the never ending idea of egosoft to actually use the same mechanics from x tension, and build round it new graphics and so. i know micromanagement is enjoyable to some extent, but the scope in which player should micromanage just piles of boring stuff is horrible.

I've played x rebirth 3 times over, and i just cant imagine to play the game without any scripts. Amount of work and money egosoft had to put into badly looking and speaking models, useless dialogs in stations, is absolutely jawdroping. Who normal would do such a thing and not see how crappy boring the game gets.

Same thing with traders. By the time i was able to erect 6 stations in devries, i had like 30+ auto traders, quite big amount of capital destroyers and all possible sectors discovered. And i was about done with the game, no more stuff to do. If there wasnt for boarding to steal the big ships, or auto traders, the game with its beautiful graphics would be just for nothing.

I just dont understand why they are making x tension all over again. Which wouldnt be the problem, but the same, stupid mechanism where trading is not working or is insanly boring.

I would understand that you have to put some effort to it at the beginning, but consider this. If you have several working stations in devries, whats gona happen to their produciton without autotrader? are you going to manage every time the production stock gets full, the selling orders to your traders? or will you just wait for some unknown auto trader you have no control over it?

How should one manage trade from albion / devries to home of light without painly moving and choosing crappy product to be bought or sold for each station in those horrible ugly, hard to use UI? The UI is just so bad, that even old IU i remember from x3 reunion looked better. Everything was smaller, readable, easier to learn sequences of numbered options.

Battles are great, that was done and made better in previous games. But how the hell did egosoft allowed to release a game that has trade mechanics from 1999?? Evil or Very Mad.

And what is the point of warehouses, if it cant be used in any normal way? Like in old games. You can buy and sell using warehouse. But you cant use it to buy cheap and sell for higher price. Or even if you somehow allow to fill warehouse with wares to full, what then? will you micromanage warehouses in all secotors ione by one? why didnt they create ome kind og manageent scripT? just useless.. ahh

Most agree that the game is unplayable without mods. the funny part is they are releasing a VR version of this game....as if they already fixed the countless issues the game is still suffering from...

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)

PostPosted: Mon, 6. Feb 17, 12:26    Post subject: Re: X rebirth cross sector trading and warehouses Reply with quote Print

Just like in X3, a Sector isn't a System. In both X3 and Rebirth a System can contain multiple Sectors. When you talk about Sectors, I think you generally mean Systems.

xkram78 wrote:

Personally I find the Trade Offers and Trade Deals menus really easy to use. Player stations show up in both so feels easy to find and sell my wares.

xkram78 wrote:

But you cant use it to buy cheap and sell for higher price.

As per the in-game tooltip, if your Manager has 5 stars in Management you can Buy and Sell wares, and you can manually set both prices differently.

Snafu_X3

PostPosted: Tue, 7. Feb 17, 00:18    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Stations with managers will autotrade their assigned ships within the Sector (or System with a radar module) just fine. They won't autotrade galaxy-wide (ie through gates) however

Manual trading can be directed galaxy-wide with any station you've discovered (best to put a trade agent on any station you find so you keep seeing their offers, otherwise the trades may time expire off your list)

Buying or upgrading a trade computer will allow you to queue up to 7 trades at a time, so it won't be completely automated, but your factories should take care of most of that automation for you once you've set up the infrastructure for their supply. Remember to tell your ships' Captains (personal & station-assigned) to autorefuel so this doesn't take up a trade slot

So not 'unplayable', just different: it requires a little bit of restructuring of your X3 trading mindset (ie THINK) Smile

Unfortunately warehouses are still slightly broken in this respect Sad

I've never played X3:AP so all references/advice is based on vanilla (+ bonus pack) X3:TC or before; X3:AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

Dom (Wiki Moderator) Cool DxDiag