EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

Completing the Integrative URV Forge with the URV Wharf
View previous topic :: View next topic
mcsquared

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 30. Jan 17, 20:22    Post subject: Completing the Integrative URV Forge with the URV Wharf Reply with quote Print

I have completed stage 1 of the Forge and have been instructed to Extend the Integrative URV Forge with the URV Wharf. My Architect shows that I still need 48 Bio-Optice Wiring, however, when I delivered 725 Bio-Optic Wiring to the Forge it remained still needing 48 Bio-Optic Wiring! Also, when I scroll down the construction plan to the URV Wharf and attempt to highlight Stage 1 directly under it, it remains "grayed out" and I am unable to highlight it! Any help anyone can offer will be very much appreciated.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Mon, 30. Jan 17, 20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

You need to deliver the resources to the CV and not to the Forge. Also you cannot highlight the next module until all the building and clearing up relating to the previous module has finished - and the Architect announces readiness for the next order.

HINT: Make sure all your CURVs dock back at the CV before you order the next module build or it will take a very long time to build - CURVs left in space at time of build order are not used for that module. Also make sure none of your ships are within the new build box (a red framework in space where the next module will be).

RainerPrem

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Tue, 31. Jan 17, 06:30    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Hi,

Alan Phipps wrote:
You need to deliver the resources to the CV and not to the Forge. Also you cannot highlight the next module until all the building and clearing up relating to the previous module has finished - and the Architect announces readiness for the next order.

HINT: Make sure all your CURVs dock back at the CV before you order the next module build or it will take a very long time to build - CURVs left in space at time of build order are not used for that module. Also make sure none of your ships are within the new build box (a red framework in space where the next module will be).

Oh sh... That's complicated.

Just a side-question: How can I see if drones have returned? a) in the Skunk b) at another ship?

cu
Rainer

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Tue, 31. Jan 17, 14:19    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Click on the Ship Info for one of your ships with drones and see if any 'units' are still 'In Use' and of what type.

For the Skunk, Betty tells you when they return.

mcsquared

PostPosted: Thu, 2. Feb 17, 08:30    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I really would like to thank Alan Phipps for his help with completing the Forge as I was "stuck" on it for about a month. I have completely finished the campaign meaning that I have now completed all X games from X Beyond the Frontier to X Rebirth.

Alan, I sure hope you have some influence with Egosoft and will pass along the following info to them: When they release X4, I hope they will allow me to play my Logitech Extreme 3d Pro joystick that I've used in ALL the previous X games. I used it in X Rebirth but it did not perform well as the game just wasn't designed for it.

Again, thanks a lot for all your help!

luctrask

PostPosted: Thu, 2. Feb 17, 08:58    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

mcsquared wrote:
I hope they will allow me to play my Logitech Extreme 3d Pro joystick that I've used in ALL the previous X games. I used it in X Rebirth but it did not perform well as the game just wasn't designed for it.

Playing X:R with a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro now on the laptop. Not finding too much wrong with it. I normally play using my CH Hotas and pedals on the desktop, but the 3D Pro is awesome for portability, as it has throttle and yaw built into the stick. What problems are you having with it?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Thu, 2. Feb 17, 15:46    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

@ mcsquared: Glad to have helped.

If you run this search tool of the Egosoft forums and put 'Rebirth' in the top words box and 'Logitech Extreme 3D Pro' in the next exact phrase box then you should get a lot of posts that may help you to improve the set-up for your stick. It does seem as if it is a reasonably popular stick for Rebirth and is being used there fairly successfully.

Ezarkal

PostPosted: Thu, 2. Feb 17, 16:20    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

luctrask wrote:
mcsquared wrote:
I hope they will allow me to play my Logitech Extreme 3d Pro joystick that I've used in ALL the previous X games. I used it in X Rebirth but it did not perform well as the game just wasn't designed for it.

Playing X:R with a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro now on the laptop. Not finding too much wrong with it. I normally play using my CH Hotas and pedals on the desktop, but the 3D Pro is awesome for portability, as it has throttle and yaw built into the stick. What problems are you having with it?

I'm also using the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. In my case, excluding a small glitch with the throttle, it works flawlessly.

The small glitch being if I have my throttle set to maximum, sometimes the engines will just stop and I have to lower the throttle a bit before it detects its position again. I'm not hitting the "stop engine" button, it just have trouble detecting the position. I believe the joystick itself, its drivers or something else with my build to be at fault, but I'd have to test with other games to make sure.