EnglishGermanFrenchRussianPolishItalianSpanish

Some ..things that bother me
View previous topic :: View next topic
dholmstr

PostPosted: Mon, 23. Jan 17, 11:36    Post subject: Some ..things that bother me Reply with quote Print

Yes to little to do so I have time to think about games (go figure) Very Happy .

Now, while I do like Rebrirth (even with the flaws) can't help to wonder why. Why Egosoft tought of trowing all ships and guns out from the old game? This is also a problem when trying to do a reboot of any program, what to keep what to skip. There are so many "why" in my head I'll try to narrow it down to more tangible concepts.

Why did Egosoft feel that they needed to about redo all ships, fighters? I mean a ship called Artio?!? Wich is crap by all mesures, why not keep those old workhorses like Nova/Elite and just dress 'em up for the new engine? There are some flashbacks like Katana but soooo few. Just as an reminder/comparison of what was. Was it to hard to implement or what?

Same goes for guns. Yes you know PPC!! Really wish that the Gangre-whatsimecallit Raptor could still sport them good old PPC. Or that Nova that with oooold old HEPT, greeny meeny. Not to compare real world vs a space game but here goes anyways. Old WW2 battleships are no more in use or work, but those big phat old guns would still give you a pounding if you would stand on the recieving end. PPC and HEPT could still pack a punch but maybe hard to hit or something. Just like the Sucellus' maingun could do more damage (my opinion). Hard to hit with but a good captain could do magic with it.

Most of these pro...issues comes from Egosoft wanted to continue a storyworld. I'm all for it but many things can go and went abit wrong. If any other comapny would have done this game and called it Spacecowboys and Yahoos, and the ship to Pistolwhipped Betsy, I don't think anyone would have even bothered about flying multiple ships.

mr.WHO

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 23. Jan 17, 17:52    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

The main problem is that you can only fly one ship - therefore everything and I mean EVERYTHING (from tiny drone, weapons to biggest capships) had to be ballanced in relation to Skunk - therefore reballancing X3 weapons and ships would be huge and probably unsucessful taks.

Quote:
Why did Egosoft feel that they needed to about redo all ships, fighters? I mean a ship called Artio?!? Wich is crap by all mesures, why not keep those old workhorses like Nova/Elite and just dress 'em up for the new engine? There are some flashbacks like Katana but soooo few. Just as an reminder/comparison of what was. Was it to hard to implement or what?

Here actually Egosoft made a huge screw-up. Most of the fighters are pile of crap to the point Egosoft was so lazy that they literally put in most of their ecyclopedia descriptions that fighter X, or fighter Y is a pile of shit (go ahead and read encyclopedia entries for Albion fighters).

They wasted so much time to make these beautiful detailed and animated (I love moving wings when fighters makes sharp turn) models just to drown them in the pile of shit with the ballance.

You have to wait for X4 where you will (probably) be able to fly more ships, therefore the ballance will be less retarded.

Quote:
Just like the Sucellus' maingun could do more damage (my opinion). Hard to hit with but a good captain could do magic with it.

Sucellus main gun actually do quite nice dammage, but the problem is the vanilla capship attack script that tell captain to fly for broadside, instead facing forward. This supose to be fix in upcoming 4.10 patch.