Lost in Space, need "guidance"
View previous topic :: View next topic
UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)

MEDAL

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Wed, 11. Jan 17, 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

nope. in fact you can even fly out of the skyedome given enough time and/or overtuned boosters*. celestailbodies have a "kill zone" of 100km aoround them though. (and a 150km warning zone) (and all background objects count as celestialbodies)

* could also be that i skipped through the killzone of the skydome with my overtuned boosters.. not sure..

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter Wink

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help Wink
zazie

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Wed, 11. Jan 17, 23:35    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

The ship I had called to fly to my position mentioned in the OP was a cap ship. But as I saw that it moved to Barren Heart and started to move towards me from there I stopped it. I did not want to wait sooo long (its engines are only 3x faster than the Skunk).
But it looks that this is the better option than to reload.

I do not have the JumpDrive yet.

As far as the sun in Glaring Truth is concerned: I never got a "Danger Entering Atmosphere"-warning. I have been extremely close to the surface, far below the magnetic plasma flares; but I think that the warning-zone would belong to the sector Glaring Truth that I have not triggered before.

RAVEN.myst

modified
PostPosted: Thu, 12. Jan 17, 00:14    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

zazie wrote:
... quotes from [the TV-series]"Life"...

How bizarrely synchronous - I re-watched that series about a week ago Very Happy Or did I...? You have placed me in an existential quandary!

zazie wrote:
"Even if you could travel to those places without using the super highway, you wouldn't be able to do so within your lifetime. "

Now that I think about it: the in-game character statistics show distances travelled by superhighway (which are several order of magnitude greater than any others), so that suggests that the space may, indeed, be simulated on some level/in some manner. EDIT: Also, there are cases in Omicron Lyrae (due to its radial layout), where the route between a station and its "nearest" mining location ends up not where one would expect - for example, in Radiant Haven looking for ice, the miners will go to Path of Glory in Eclipse Clouds, instead of stopping at Last Stand, thus well more than doubling the distance travelled. I suspect this is because the "nearest resources" is being calculated "as the sparrow flies", and if so, that would also suggest a coherent, unified system space.

spankahontis wrote:
In the Past I tried to fly to one of the Major Asteroids on the outskirts of Ascendancy and all I got was a 'Danger Entering Atmosphere' warning followed by death.

What, not even a tee-shirt? On a more serious note: I tried a similar experiment, also in Ascendancy, but I guess I'm less patient - ended up turning around (in retrospect, I could have simply cloned myself ie. saved the game, and then simply reload when I'd had enough - I guess I was too immersed for such meta, at the time Very Happy ) I didn't know that Rebirth also has that warning (which I've heard aplenty in Split Fire, and less often in some other sectors in previous Xs) - good to know, thanks Smile

zazie wrote:
I have been extremely close to the surface, far below the magnetic plasma flares.

Well, talk about "to boldly go where no man has gone before". "Don't split your infinitives" (I forget where that's from, sorry.)

Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Last edited by RAVEN.myst on Thu, 12. Jan 17, 05:10; edited 1 time in total
sd_jasper

PostPosted: Thu, 12. Jan 17, 04:29    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I would try setting auto-pilot on something, then move to your crew quarters... let the ship travel for a bit and then return and see if things have fixed themselves.

Rei Ayanami

PostPosted: Thu, 12. Jan 17, 06:40    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

zazie wrote:
My conclusion is (and somehow as my answers to questions in that linked thread of 2013) :
It is possible to travel 'by foot' from sector to sector in the sense that there is no wall. But even if the map indicates that you are in the other sector or if you reach a position where the other sector should be, the game will not show/reproduce this other sector. The other sector is only 'produced' if the engine is triggered by the player using the respective Super-Highway.

That seems to be the way it is, yea.
While you can fly from one sector location to another sector location manually it won't trigger the loading of the assets of the sector you flew to.

Maybe with X4 they can do something like:
-give every sector a 500km large invisible trigger sphere
-if the player manually flies from sector X to another sector Y and enters the trigger sphere of sector Y:
--unload assets from sector X
--load assets from sector Y
--set players "current sector" to sector Y